(Spoilers) Julep December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my secret store order today, and while I was happy that it shipped pretty quickly, 2 of the polishes in my "extraordinary color kit" were broken, and there was polish and shards of glass all over everything in the little pouch they came in.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  This is the 2nd time in recent months that I have received shattered polishes. Last time CS was really good about it and sent a replacement right away. I just emailed them about this order so hopefully will get a replacement soon. The colors are so pretty...I love the new red color. That was one of the bottles that did not actually break (along with Sienna and the topcoat, they were covered in polish and pieces of glass but I'm hoping maybe I can salvage them...) What a bummer that it sounds like this is happening to a lot of people!
Uh oh! Sorry to hear about that, i ordered that too and it should be here Tuesday. I hope yours gets resolved soon and mine comes intact!

I'm on nail polish overload right now but I would LOVE it if the modern beauty box was the luxe hand cream and one if those eye shadow sticks!!
Yea that would be a nice box.

They are replacing the jewelry box and the one polish that broke. I imagine they aren't replacing the whole thing because it didn't spill polish everywhere. Cleaning the glass shards off the remaining bottles was annoying though.
That is so awful that you had to deal with that. Soooo many stories about broken polish. I hope they get it together for future orders.

It's ridiculous that they seem to have reverted back to no bubble wrap! So frustrating.

When I first ordered from them, back when they didn't have the Maven program yet, I ordered a set half off through Lucky Magazine. They sent me the set with no bubble wrap and one of the bottles broke, so I had to email CS and get a replacement.

Then the same thing happened when I got my first Maven box. I was so happy they started bubble wrapping it all but now it seems they backslid in their packaging which is really a bummer.

Quote: Originally Posted by Grau /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the Hand Model holiday set from Julep, with the Glycolic Scrub, Rockstar Hand Creme, and the Nail Therapy. I was super excited to get this kit and got a few extra for holiday gifts.

It came today and the hand treatment tubes are tiny (I must have missed that they were sample size), but the biggest letdown is that the Rockstar Creme smells exactly like Nair, ya know the depilatory cream! Did I get a bad batch??? it smells really offensive and now I'm worried about gifting the other kits.

Thoughts?
  I got that kit in the Galaxy(?) Mystery box and I agree the bottles are tiny but I love the smell of the Creme!

Speaking of Mystery boxes, I think I might have to order the Diamond one...

I'm such a tard. Ordered a Diamond Mystery Box and they havent even responded to me about my broken Gem Collection yet. I should never be put in charge of serious negotiations, ever.

I'm such a tard. Ordered a Diamond Mystery Box and they havent even responded to me about my broken Gem Collection yet. I should never be put in charge of serious negotiations, ever.
This is why I am not in charge of paying the bills at our house.

Shit, I am!
Oh No. We tried that. It did not work. There was an unpaid car registration, that turned into a ticket that never got paid, that turned into a suspended license, that turned into a trip to the court house to pay fines and get my license reinstated. After that fiasco, I was no longer in charge of any bills. Looking back it is kinda funny, but at the time, not so much.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Only one more week til selection window! Time flies!
Wow!  This month is flying by.

Really, wow... We have 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

I'm really interested to see what this month is going to look like.  The Zoya matt collection in calling my name. 

I'm really interested to see what this month is going to look like.  The Zoya matt collection in calling my name. 
They are nice. I especially love the red it is soooo stunning.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  *sigh*

My Gem Collection came broken as well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We'll see if/how fast they respond
Sorry to hear that!

I'm really excited to see what Julep comes up with for December, I've been really satisfied with my last few monthly boxes and the past mystery box I got

any product guesses??????  I'm hoping for a great holiday glitter maybe light blue and white and silver combo...

Quote: Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Do you think this product is included in the December boxes? It says it's a new product available for pre-order and it starts shipping 11/25.  Hmm... that's right after the close of the maven window.  I hope it is- it's so cute!

http://www.julep.com/shop/new-arrivals/surprise-color-rush-lip-gloss.html
It seems strange that they would do a second month in a row of lip gloss!

Back