(Spoilers) Julep December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anybody notice the one of the New 100 point perk for Sephora is a freedom top coat mini?
Yes! I was tempted to get one, but I'm still in point-hoarding mode. I'm hoping for more set-type perks like that Nars set from a while ago.

Yes! I was tempted to get one, but I'm still in point-hoarding mode. I'm hoping for more set-type perks like that Nars set from a while ago.
Yeah I'm halfway hoping I can make enough points for the Marc Jacobs set for my niece. But I don't think it is in the cards. First world problems.

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anybody notice the one of the New 100 point perk for Sephora is a freedom top coat mini?
It's in my basket waiting for tomorrow and my 20% off code.

I haven't tried it before.  I have heard mixed reviews here on MUT about it.  I figure this is the perfect opportunity to try it for 100 pts.  

It's in my basket waiting for tomorrow and my 20% off code. I haven't tried it before.  I have heard mixed reviews here on MUT about it.  I figure this is the perfect opportunity to try it for 100 pts.  
I'm usually a Seche Vite devotee, but I got a bottle of it in a PopSugar box, and it does play much better with Julep polishes than SV. Although I will continue to use SV for pretty much everything else, Freedom will be my go-to when I use Julep!

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's in my basket waiting for tomorrow and my 20% off code.

I haven't tried it before.  I have heard mixed reviews here on MUT about it.  I figure this is the perfect opportunity to try it for 100 pts.  
I love love love it. Smooth to the touch in under 5 minutes. Polish under it is still wet, but it hardens the top layer and my biggest problem is clothing/sheet smudges, not dinging it on something. It's wonderful!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on nail polish overload right now but I would LOVE it if the modern beauty box was the luxe hand cream and one if those eye shadow sticks!!
I totally agree with you. I would hop on the MB train as well.

I have 18 polishes on the way from Julep - not to mention that I still haven't used a lot of older polishes!

I know it won't happen but I hope they do a mini set. As for colors I want metallics.

& if the price tag isn't so high - I will definitely order a mini set as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got mine today and my Gem Collection was broken as well. I decided to call them directly and am currently on hold. I'm glad I looked because I was planning on gifting this to someone and would have been sooooo embarrassed if they had found all of the bottles broken.
icon_redface.gif

yikes this is making me nervous. I hope mine arrives in one piece *fingers crossed*

I got my secret store order and it was packed well but it didn't have any tape on it. Somebody is slipping in the shipping department

I've had opened boxes as well. I live in Canada so I'm not sure if while crossing the border they open my boxes. Would be nice if they resealed it though -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yikes this is making me nervous. I hope mine arrives in one piece *fingers crossed*
Me too (and I'm in Canada as well). Hopefully they had the forethought to pack it better since it's travelling "farther"?? But then why wouldn't they pack them all thoroughly especially since the box is rock hard? Someone did not think that one through. Did anyone receive one that was NOT damaged?

Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too (and I'm in Canada as well). Hopefully they had the forethought to pack it better since it's travelling "farther"?? But then why wouldn't they pack them all thoroughly especially since the box is rock hard? Someone did not think that one through. Did anyone receive one that was NOT damaged?
They would have saved a lot more money in the long run by doing it right the first time.

Quote: Originally Posted by pvtfridays /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cynthia is a little thick for me. Anyone else?
Haven't tried it yet, but I generally just assume Julep polishes will be thick lol. I usually add some thinner to them and that helps a ton.

That's weird because I was just thinking how nice mine was, it's the perfect consistently and goes on effortlessly. In fact I think it's the best polish I've received from Julep. I wonder if you got a bad one or something if it's so thick that it's hard to apply maybe email Julep??

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by pvtfridays /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's weird because I was just thinking how nice mine was, it's the perfect consistently and goes on effortlessly. In fact I think it's the best polish I've received from Julep. I wonder if you got a bad one or something if it's so thick that it's hard to apply maybe email Julep?? Ditto. Mine is perfect. My new favorite Julep shade for sure! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my gem collection just arrived today- and it arrived not broken (whew!!) I can't tell you exactly what the other packing was like in the box (it was shipped to my co-worker's house, since she was kind enough to order for me, since she hadn't used the first20 code yet... she got herself a lovely champagne trio add-on for her & she had unwrapped it all and brought it into work).  The packaging in the hard outer box was just a thin sheet of the foam paper wrapped about the jewelry case (which was inside the slightly larger hard white outer box).  Nothing inside the jewelry box tho, and when i opened it- all the polishes had popped out of their slots and were loose. eeeek! 

btw- the glitters are FAB!!  soooo pretty! I'm really happy I got the gem collection (the new neutrals, northern lights, & ellie are great too!!)  Best secret store ever!
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my gem collection just arrived today- and it arrived not broken (whew!!) I can't tell you exactly what the other packing was like in the box (it was shipped to my co-worker's house, since she was kind enough to order for me, since she hadn't used the first20 code yet... she got herself a lovely champagne trio add-on for her & she had unwrapped it all and brought it into work).  The packaging in the hard outer box was just a thin sheet of the foam paper wrapped about the jewelry case (which was inside the slightly larger hard white outer box).  Nothing inside the jewelry box tho, and when i opened it- all the polishes had popped out of their slots and were loose. eeeek! 

btw- the glitters are FAB!!  soooo pretty! I'm really happy I got the gem collection (the new neutrals, northern lights, & ellie are great too!!)  Best secret store ever!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the update!  Glad all of yours arrived safely.  Doesn't sound like there is the appropriate amount of padding/stuffing. 
sadno.gif
  Here's hoping they all arrive safely for the rest of us...

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

LUCKY!!!! One of the only one to survive was Jasmine...It's so pretty, I can't stand it! With the other box on it's way i will have two..SQEEEEEE!     
laughing.gif

I received my Secret Store order yesterday. Thankfully everything was in one piece, though everything in my Gem Collection was out of its slot and kind of floating freely around inside the jewelry box.

Jasmine was the polish I was most excited about, so naturally I used that first, but mine was really thick and difficult to apply 
icon_confused.gif
 I actually haven't had this problem yet with Julep, so I'm really disappointed it started with a color I was looking forward to so much.

Back