(Spoilers) Julep December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if they will have different pallets for different styles like the lipglosses. That would be interesting to me.
I'm pretty sure that's the case since they had the palette they used in that example labeled as "neutral." Maybe warm/neutral/cool?

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well that is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Or maybe they could do a smoky/dark palette, a vibrant palette, etc. Neutral is so boring!! lol

Or maybe they could do a smoky/dark palette, a vibrant palette, etc. Neutral is so boring!! lol
Yeah, totally agreed. I think I've made my stance in clown prostitute colors clear. No neutrals over here.

I'm not very excited about the eyeshadow. I have a LOT of shadow already including stuff that I already love and know is good quality...I normally purchase stuff like this based on research and reviews so not sure if I wanna gamble on a new julep product that no one has tried and I can't return if I don't like it. That happened in june with my modern beauty box (dd cream/concealer) and I'm still upset about that lol. It will depend on the polish colors and whether I like their combinations. I'm not worried if I end up skipping my monthly box though, as I'm guessing they'll have some nice deals around black Friday.

Quote: Originally Posted by mrst909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not very excited about the eyeshadow. I have a LOT of shadow already including stuff that I already love and know is good quality...I normally purchase stuff like this based on research and reviews so not sure if I wanna gamble on a new julep product that no one has tried and I can't return if I don't like it. That happened in june with my modern beauty box (dd cream/concealer) and I'm still upset about that lol. It will depend on the polish colors and whether I like their combinations. I'm not worried if I end up skipping my monthly box though, as I'm guessing they'll have some nice deals around black Friday.
I agree with you I like to research things before I buy them. I could maybe get excited if Julep posted honest swatches of the shades and they looked pigmented but kinda doubt that will happen. Still excited to see what else they come up with. I would LOOOVE to see a polish like the one China Glaze came out with. It's a textured white with extra larger round confetti and apparently makes your nails look snowed on. Cute no?

You know I also saw in the article that the brush is an add-on...wonder what else will be in the Modern Beauty box?

Quote: Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I agree with you I like to research things before I buy them. I could maybe get excited if Julep posted honest swatches of the shades and they looked pigmented but kinda doubt that will happen. Still excited to see what else they come up with. I would LOOOVE to see a polish like the one China Glaze came out with. It's a textured white with extra larger round confetti and apparently makes your nails look snowed on. Cute no?
China Glaze has some nice holiday polishes, I saw that snow one online and was thinking about going to my ulta to see if they carry it, there is also a glitter of theirs that I want. I also wonder what will be the other product in the modern beauty box. Excited for the 20th! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Julep posted a sneak preview tease on their facebook... if they get 1000 likes they will reveal a style profile that is voted on most in comments. =o)

Meh, not excited for eyeshadows at all. I just bought the Too Faced my favorite things palate and there's enough shadows there to keep me busy for months.

Ooh, frosty green?  Come to Meggie!  I'm starting to sense a probable upgrade month if the rest of the profiles are no more than half creams.  It's sparkle season!  Just wallow in it, Julep!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ooh, frosty green?  Come to Meggie!  I'm starting to sense a probable upgrade month if the rest of the profiles are no more than half creams.  It's sparkle season!  Just wallow in it, Julep!
I'm thinking upgrade month as well!!

The Shoshonna looks similar to Cynthia from last month and the Evelyn looks similar to Aisha from last month...I was hoping for something really different. Hopefully the other colors are, but I don't know if I can trust Julep with eyeshadow so this month may be my first skip!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Shoshonna looks similar to Cynthia from last month and the Evelyn looks similar to Aisha from last month...I was hoping for something really different. Hopefully the other colors are, but I don't know if I can trust Julep with eyeshadow so this month may be my first skip!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree with you. I love the sparkle but i think I have like 3 or 4 dupes of it. I don't do green and the magenta is pretty but nothing to get excited about :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't want to skip any boxes this time of year so hopefully the other boxes are better!

Latest posts

Back