(Spoilers) Julep December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm at the point where mystery boxes will be all dupes for me. I think the only thing I'm looking forward to is the full size hand cream. I can never remember the names of polishes I have so I won't know how many are dupes until they're in my hand... Looks like I might just be getting the monthly boxes from now on. That's fine with me, I'm so overloaded anyway!
Unfortuantely, I don't even think so ): I can't see the sizing from the pictures other people put up, but the lotion to bottle size ratio seems a lot smaller than what I think the full size hand creme is supposed to be...

I think they just changed the packaging for the mini

I ordered mine on Monday morning and as of today it's still processing.  I saw the 2-4 day shipping and figured it would be here by Friday at the latest, as I leave tomorrow to go home for Christmas.  Is this pretty typical of Julep?  It seems to me that 2-4 day shipping should mean that - not 4 days processing time alone!  I wanted to break a few of the items up for Christmas gifts.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Unfortuantely, I don't even think so ): I can't see the sizing from the pictures other people put up, but the lotion to bottle size ratio seems a lot smaller than what I think the full size hand creme is supposed to be...

wait, it's a mini sized hand cream??!?  What the eff... Not cool, Julep- not cool at all! Then there's no way it could add to the price they claim the box is worth (even using the inflated non-maven pricing)... the mini hand is not worth much & the luxe serum samples are just foil packets- those are worth zero!!

ggrrrr..... ok, now I'm cheesed off.

Quote: Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received my mystery box yesterday. The hand cream is a mini size. I, like you, was looking forward to the full-size hand cream.
icon_cry.gif

Aw boo! I thought because of the cap it was going to be full size. Oh well...

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's so obnoxious!! Ugh..

Quote: Originally Posted by sldb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received my mystery box yesterday. The hand cream is a mini size. I, like you, was looking forward to the full-size hand cream.
icon_cry.gif

What's the weight on the hand cream? IIRC the full size that was in the boxes a few months ago was a small sized package, much smaller than what I would consider full size, but it was Julep's version of full size.

Edited to add: the weight they show on the full size on the site is 85g/3 oz, which is on the small side.

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's the weight on the hand cream? IIRC the full size that was in the boxes a few months ago was a small sized package, much smaller than what I would consider full size, but it was Julep's version of full size.

Edited to add: the weight they show on the full size on the site is 85g/3 oz, which is on the small side.
The weight on the mini is 1oz.    

Foil Packs, 1 oz tubes and even though I haven't opted into a Maven Box in months - duplicates.   

Have I mentioned how much I'm loving Square Hue? 

Quote: Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bleargh. I'm really, really glad I waffled on this one. I think I'm falling out of love with Julep, meh.

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bleargh. I'm really, really glad I waffled on this one. I think I'm falling out of love with Julep, meh.
The thrill is gone my friend... now I have to decide if I am just going to leave them hanging or if I'm going to call them and break it off.   Breaking up is hard to do but I've found a newer, younger, and hipper company.   

Quote: Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Foil Packs, 1 oz tubes and even though I haven't opted into a Maven Box in months - duplicates.   

Have I mentioned how much I'm loving Square Hue? 

I'm so excited for my first Square Hue box. 

I'm so excited for my first Square Hue box. 
Signed up for this during black Friday With the free box (just pay shipping) and was super impressed. I am looking forward to January!

Got my mystery box and love it!  Skipped the last couple of months so got lots of goodies I didn't have, only 1 dupe!  I think that makes 3 Joanna's since I started Julep lol  Used the 30% code and did the add on for 25 bucks total.  Love this box!

I got my mystery box today too. I was happy with it. I paid 17.50 with the promo code and I got the 6 polishes, the 1 oz rock star hand creme, 4 foils if luxe repair serum, 1 oz mattifying face primer, full size lip gloss, and a full size eye liner with sharpener. Worth the money IMO.

Got my mystery box and love it!  Skipped the last couple of months so got lots of goodies I didn't have, only 1 dupe!  I think that makes 3 Joanna's since I started Julep lol  Used the 30% code and did the add on for 25 bucks total.  Love this box!
I like the box. I love both of the New colors. But it is my third Nellie, third Faye and maybe third on the rest. I take most of the boxes with upgrade so I know I'm going to get dupes but I get suckered in on the mystery boxes.

Mystery box was sold out. So, I just bought a few things and used the POP30 code. I bought the Five Alive set, The Glitterati trio, Carly, Etta, and Morgan. Some of the stuff is for me. Some of it's for my mom.

I used my extras for teachers gifts. I put them in a cute pouch with some loccitaine hand lotion and candy. So those extras came to good use and they were all sealed. Just got my email to view January. I hope it's good if not skipping. I plan on only buying this I really want for the New Year.

I don't love all of the colors, but Jane was the only dupe for me and I will just gift it. I think it was a great deal.. I always love the mystery box for the most part.

I got an email from Julep saying they oversold the mystery box and credit back my card. What?!??!!! Well they are suppose to send me a voucher/code good for $25 as a consolation. I am really surprise since I ordered this the first day it was offered and they charged me that day too. Well thanks Julep for the voucher and my money back.

I got an email from Julep saying they oversold the mystery box and credit back my card. What?!??!!! Well they are suppose to send me a voucher/code good for $25 as a consolation. I am really surprise since I ordered this the first day it was offered and they charged me that day too. Well thanks Julep for the voucher and my money back.
I ordered the first day too. And I already have mine. Why would they ware so long to ship out yours?

I ordered the first day too. And I already have mine. Why would they ware so long to ship out yours?
That's the same question I am asking. I sent them a message no response. I think it may have gotten over looked. I don't know because they charged my card the same day and sent an empty tracking.

Back