(Spoilers) Julep December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am SO excited! I actually ordered 6 mystery boxes with the code (Christmas presents)! I have been eyeing the primer and am excited to try the blotting papers. It's worth for $15 I spent on them to me. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  oh my goodness i super embarassingly posted this in the BB december thread in stead of here. TRYING AGAIN:

First spoiler up on the Julep swap board!

1474572_10153573220650567_1725652689_n.jpg

Glad I passed, tbh. Not that I don't think it's a good deal still, but it doesn't super excite me XD It's a really good deal for anyone else who might be interested

I ordered the box because it's been months since I ordered anything from Julep    I'm hoping the box is interesting enough to stop me from cancelling my sub to Julep.  It's one of my oldest subs but the colors they've been offering in the Maven box have just been... blah.   Are they still doing different Mystery boxes or can I expect that this is what my Mystery Box will look like? 

Quote: Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I ordered the box because it's been months since I ordered anything from Julep    I'm hoping the box is interesting enough to stop me from cancelling my sub to Julep.  It's one of my oldest subs but the colors they've been offering in the Maven box have just been... blah.   Are they still doing different Mystery boxes or can I expect that this is what my Mystery Box will look like? 
Last month they were somewhat different (but I think for a lot of the boxes the beauty products were the same and only the polish colors were different, and then in like box 5, I think it was, the beauty products were different.)

Anybody seen any more pictures of the mystery box? I ordered one with the 40% off and the mystery add on. Glad I got it while the code was good. I am excited about the beauty products. I only have the Rock Star and you can always use more of that. I couldn't find a separate thread about the mystery box. Has anyone started one?

Someone says the mystery add ons were Jane, Faye and Lois.
That sucks since Lois was in the mystery add on last time! Oh well I'm making a gift of polish for my aunt anyway, so I'll just include that one in her present.

Julep confirmed that all the boxes were the same on their page. Sooo I guess the spoiler is just that, but they're OOS anyway, so it's too late.

There are a few other pictures of it on Instagram: http://web.stagram.com/tag/julep/

http://web.stagram.com/p/613931443126804411_613105262

http://web.stagram.com/p/614015576494579202_613105262

I guess I'll just have to hope the end of the year sale rocks my socks, but I just picked up some indies and I'm still waiting on my SS package sooooo you better not disappoint, Julep!

I got my mystery box today with the mystery add-on and the grey necklace. Same products as others have posted about, so there must be only one version of the box. I am very happy with it! Only 2 dupes: America and Jane. Not sure about a few of the other colors, but I'll swatch them before passing further judgement. Since I live so close to Seattle (w/in 50 miles) and always receive my Julep orders very quickly I got suckered into the final day of free expedited shipping and ordered Erica http://www.julep.com/erica.html She looks lovely! Julep has gotten far too much of my money in the past month, but they have been having such great sales, and I receive my orders quickly, so I am a happy customer!

Quote: Originally Posted by slathrop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my mystery box today with the mystery add-on and the grey necklace. Same products as others have posted about, so there must be only one version of the box. I am very happy with it! Only 2 dupes: America and Jane. Not sure about a few of the other colors, but I'll swatch them before passing further judgement. Since I live so close to Seattle (w/in 50 miles) and always receive my Julep orders very quickly I got suckered into the final day of free expedited shipping and ordered Erica http://www.julep.com/erica.html She looks lovely! Julep has gotten far too much of my money in the past month, but they have been having such great sales, and I receive my orders quickly, so I am a happy customer! 
Please list the polishes you got in the mystery box and add on.

Quote: Originally Posted by linda37027 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Please list the polishes you got in the mystery box and add on.

The mystery add on polishes are Jane, Lois and Faye. The colors in the mystery box are America, Brenda, Aviva, Joanna, Nellie, and Alaina

The mystery add on polishes are Jane, Lois and Faye. The colors in the mystery box are America, Brenda, Aviva, Joanna, Nellie, and Alaina
I'm due to get my box today. If I get that same box I will be ok with it as Jane and America will be my only dupes.

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm due to get my box today. If I get that same box I will be ok with it as Jane and America will be my only dupes.

I think they are all the same box.  And they will all be dupes for me except for the new colors. lol
wacko.gif
  Why do I do this to myself every time?   They will go to into the the Christmas stack.   Oh well.  

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think they are all the same box.  And they will all be dupes for me except for the new colors. lol
wacko.gif
  Why do I do this to myself every time?   They will go to into the the Christmas stack.   Oh well.  
Yes Julep stated on their FB page all the boxes are the same

Thanks Nellie and Jane are my dupes. Not too bad with how many Juleps I have. Thanks for posting.

Are there variations in the polish collars?  Because I see some people posting that Joanna is one of their colors and others say Jane....  I would love it if was Joanna & not jane!  (I have too many janes!!)  (then it would only be America & nellie for dupes for me)

ETA-  ah, wait, Jane's in the mystery add-on right?  I decided against the add-on, so whew!  yay good choice for me!

I think I'm at the point where mystery boxes will be all dupes for me. I think the only thing I'm looking forward to is the full size hand cream. I can never remember the names of polishes I have so I won't know how many are dupes until they're in my hand... Looks like I might just be getting the monthly boxes from now on. That's fine with me, I'm so overloaded anyway!

Where have I been?!???!!!! I ordered the mystery box sadly without code. My box will be here next week. I think Monday. This is the only thing I have ordered from them in awhile.

Julep confirmed that all the boxes were the same on their page. Sooo I guess the spoiler is just that, but they're OOS anyway, so it's too late.

There are a few other pictures of it on Instagram: http://web.stagram.com/tag/julep/

http://web.stagram.com/p/613931443126804411_613105262

http://web.stagram.com/p/614015576494579202_613105262

I guess I'll just have to hope the end of the year sale rocks my socks, but I just picked up some indies and I'm still waiting on my SS package sooooo you better not disappoint, Julep!
LeSigh.. I was really hoping that this box would spark my interest in Julep again... but it didn't so Julep goes the way of BirchBox ... bored me and now I am off to find something else.   

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm at the point where mystery boxes will be all dupes for me. I think the only thing I'm looking forward to is the full size hand cream. I can never remember the names of polishes I have so I won't know how many are dupes until they're in my hand... Looks like I might just be getting the monthly boxes from now on. That's fine with me, I'm so overloaded anyway!
I received my mystery box yesterday. The hand cream is a mini size. I, like you, was looking forward to the full-size hand cream.
icon_cry.gif

Back