(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ladies- quick question. If I apply my 1300 Jules to my order, does it take $13.00 off my order?

I usually skip, but the eyeshadow and extra polish are intriguing this month. How do I see the swatches of the colors on julep's website? I know I've done this in the past, but I can't seem to find them.

Chose the core classics box and used my Jules! Feeling great about it! I wanted the bombshell polishes, but they will eventually go on clearance.

I have WAY too many nailpolishes, but I loved the boho glam selection.  Plus I really liked that I could pick the eye cream color .  I love all 3 nail colors and I picked the fig sheen.  I am really excited for this month!  I do not like their new rules about skipping, but I am "grandmothered" in so I won't be affected.  But I can see this being a problem for new users...

bohoglam_pdp_6.jpg
February Boho Glam Box contents:  
  • Eye Sheen Liquid Eyeshadow
  • Rooney - Boho Glam: Walnut bark crème
  • Cameron - Boho Glam: Silver lilac stardust
  • Love - Bombshell: Full-coverage gold, pearl & fuchsia microglitter

• Choice of eye sheen:
warmfig_pdp_1_2.jpg

Current Selection:
Warm fig shimmer

Quote: Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Ladies- quick question. If I apply my 1300 Jules to my order, does it take $13.00 off my order?
no, I believe you have to apply 2000 points to get a free box. 

I love the collection this month! Wish I could get them all. But, I can't. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got It Girl as normal because I loved the colors in that bunch the most. Plus, added on Octavia with my Jules and then got Love for free.

Well, I just fell completely in love with this month's collection--or rather, with this month's more glittery polishes. I'm a fairly glitzy girl and don't give a fig about the creme colors for this month! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If the swatches of the cremes don't impress me when the box arrives, I might try to swap them away or pawn them off on friends. I rarely wear eyeshadow and pencil eyeliner is 10000x better for me than any liquid eyeliner, so I'm not interested in the products either.

The glitter nail polish removing kit is tempting because glitter polish is a pain in the ass to remove, but at $20 when I'm likely doing the polish upgrade? No thanks. The good old-fashioned method of tinfoil, nail polish remover, and a cotton ball is cheaper.

Oof. I'm very glad I decided to prepare myself for the full upgrade. There is ONE polish I don't want -- in the *entire* collection. I just don't do pinks. Everything else? I am in love. Now to check out the add-ons!

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well, I just fell completely in love with this month's collection--or rather, with this month's more glittery polishes. I'm a fairly glitzy girl and don't give a fig about the creme colors for this month! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If the swatches of the cremes don't impress me when the box arrives, I might try to swap them away or pawn them off on friends. I rarely wear eyeshadow and pencil eyeliner is 10000x better for me than any liquid eyeliner, so I'm not interested in the products either.

The glitter nail polish removing kit is tempting because glitter polish is a pain in the ass to remove, but at $20 when I'm likely doing the polish upgrade? No thanks. The good old-fashioned method of tinfoil, nail polish remover, and a cotton ball is cheaper.
i think Zoya Remove+ works well for glitters, it's pricey for abolish remover, but i LOVE it!

Ahhh I don't know what to do!! I'm loving the colors in Boho Glam (Cameron is gorgeous!!!) but I don't really want the eyeshadow thing. I also kind of like the bombshell box. The real color is so pretty. But again, the eyeshadow thing... And I don't mind the It Girl but I'm not in love with it. Ahhhhh and I made the resolution to not buy so much polish on 2014, and I just spent a ton of money for school books so I really shouldn't buy more stuff. Why is this so difficult?!?

Okay, now that I've viewed the swatches, nice collection!  Considering the polishes are always prettier than Julep's swatches, I'm tempted to upgrade.  I'm on a makeup no-buy til April with the exception of my subscription boxes, so I'm sure that's influencing me as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by sarasbeautyblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahhh I don't know what to do!! I'm loving the colors in Boho Glam (Cameron is gorgeous!!!) but I don't really want the eyeshadow thing. I also kind of like the bombshell box. The real color is so pretty. But again, the eyeshadow thing... And I don't mind the It Girl but I'm not in love with it. Ahhhhh and I made the resolution to not buy so much polish on 2014, and I just spent a ton of money for school books so I really shouldn't buy more stuff. Why is this so difficult?!?
I am sure you could swap or gift the eyeshadow!   The colors are just lovely.  I wish the add on for the colors was 4.99, I would have picked up the bronze.

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i think Zoya Remove+ works well for glitters, it's pricey for abolish remover, but i LOVE it!
I use the glue-as-base-coat method, but apparently DIY Remove+ is ridiculously easy to make.  And cheap.  Acetone, glycerin, and water.  http://loodieloodieloodie.blogspot.com/2011/07/moisturize-your-nails-with-acetone.html

And, urgh, ANOTHER black eyeliner will be added to my swap stash thanks to that upgrade.  Oh, well, it's still cheaper than getting the polish upgrade, adding three of the eye sheens, and then eventually buying the fourth once it gets added to the store.  No add-ons, though.  I have zero desire for Goldie, and I have no need for any of the other add-ons.  The cleansing oil is tempting because my skin has been loving that Lancome oil cleanser I got thanks to the L'Oreal nail survey last summer, but I have a MASSIVE amount (at least forty ounces.  Thanks, Nordstrom anniversary-or-maybe-half-yearly sale!) of philosophy I have to get through before I can justify buying more cleanser. 

Latest posts

Back