(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well access to the secret store is no longer available for just anyone. I got the message that access was denied until my January payment was processed.

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well access to the secret store is no longer available for just anyone. I got the message that access was denied until my January payment was processed.
Same here.  Bummer. 

I bought 2 bottles of Betty just in case it really is a limited, Secret Store only release, but I hope it isn't. It's too beautiful not to always sell.

For those who can't see it, here it is:

I succumbed to buying Betty as well. First time I've ever spent the full price on a Julep polish. It is GORGEOUS though! What an evil way to make sure everyone takes their monthly box... They always reel me in. 

I was so in awe of Betty when I saw the pictures here that it pushed me to become a Maven after 8+ months of buying Julep products (I've been wanting to do it anyways), buy it at full price when I've never done that before, AND make my own account here so I could talk instead of lurk! I'm a sucker for anything birthstone-themed, especially when January/garnet comes up. I'm already anxious for it to arrive so I can put it on.

I have never, ever paid full price for a Julep polish either, but I totally just did for Betty. SO pretty.

Also, on a side note, I used my first Deborah Lipmmann polishes today. WOW. I used "Laughin to the Bank" and it was the most incredible formula ever. It dried FAST-faster than anything I've ever used, I only needed one coat, and I didn't even need a topcoat. It dried to an incredible shine. I see now how she can justify the price.

I dunno....I'm just not that....impressed with the Secret Store.....it may be just me.
doze.gif

Yeah the Secret Store as a whole was super underwhelming for me. Which is good, because I lost count of how many new Juleps I bought between Black Friday and the Warehouse sale :-D

BUT I did talk myself into Betty. I was going to just wait it out and see if they would show up cheaper or as a set in December. But then my thought process went like this...

If I take my box every month I'll get 4 free polish codes (I'll get one after I take February's box, then the others in May, August, and November). So assuming Julep keeps that promo up AND lets you use the free polish code on the birthstone collection like they are I'll get 4 of the 12 for free. Which means I'll only have to pay for 8. Not so bad. Plus spreading out the cost through the year is a little easier on the budget. 

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Yeah the Secret Store as a whole was super underwhelming for me. Which is good, because I lost count of how many new Juleps I bought between Black Friday and the Warehouse sale :-D

BUT I did talk myself into Betty. I was going to just wait it out and see if they would show up cheaper or as a set in December. But then my thought process went like this...

If I take my box every month I'll get 4 free polish codes (I'll get one after I take February's box, then the others in May, August, and November). So assuming Julep keeps that promo up AND lets you use the free polish code on the birthstone collection like they are I'll get 4 of the 12 for free. Which means I'll only have to pay for 8. Not so bad. Plus spreading out the cost through the year is a little easier on the budget. 

I LOVE the way you think!
smilehappyyes.gif
@cari12

Yeah, if you want the whole birthstone collection, using your free polish code on them makes sense. Kinda sorta helps out when you consider the polishes are full price.

I got the polish upgrade box for January.

Also kind of "meh" on the secret store offerings, but wow, Betty is beautiful. And I'm totally sucked in by the "collect them all!" marketing of a monthly LE collection.

I got Betty for my daughter's birthday... she will be thrilled with it. I'll at least be buying Feb and May if nothing else, but I have a feeling that I will end up with all of them.

Geez, I almost forgot about the secret store! I got Betty; wish I saved my free polish code instead of using it for the warehouse sale (got Maya plus the crackles for $3). I was tempted by Kendra, Ciara, and the Girly Perfect duo, but I figured I might get them in a mystery box. I'm so happy they have a gemstone collection... Can't wait for mine in February!

I'm excited for the birthstone collection! If they are all as pretty as Betty, then it'll be awesome. I skipped the Secret Store this time around... still waiting on my 12 Days of Christmas order, Mystery Box, and Maven box! (that's cross-border shipping for ya, especially at Christmas time. Yeesh).

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE the way you think!
smilehappyyes.gif
@cari12

Ha! Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Of course this means I now have to take every box this year. Which I was mostly planning to do. Last year I skipped most of the boxes but got more mystery boxes and sale hauls, which is fun but I'm at that point in my Julep collecting where I have nearly 130 polishes and most of the products so mystery boxes and sales are mostly dupes. I'd have to not purchase much of anything for several months and I can't give up on Julep for that long :-D

Latest posts

Back