(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Of course this means I now have to take every box this year. Which I was mostly planning to do. Last year I skipped most of the boxes but got more mystery boxes and sale hauls, which is fun but I'm at that point in my Julep collecting where I have nearly 130 polishes and most of the products so mystery boxes and sales are mostly dupes. I'd have to not purchase much of anything for several months and I can't give up on Julep for that long :-D
I totally understand what you mean....lol....observe: I took this photo the other day while doing inventory...
Yup...I think I'm good with Julep polishes for a while!

FYI, Julep has added some of the new lip glosses to the Secret Store for $10 each. I picked up Posh (the black honey).

Just received my box today.....um.....does anyone have any clue what the buffer looking orange squares are for???? LOL

Ha! Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Of course this means I now have to take every box this year. Which I was mostly planning to do. Last year I skipped most of the boxes but got more mystery boxes and sale hauls, which is fun but I'm at that point in my Julep collecting where I have nearly 130 polishes and most of the products so mystery boxes and sales are mostly dupes. I'd have to not purchase much of anything for several months and I can't give up on Julep for that long :-D
I totally understand what you mean....lol....observe: I took this photo the other day while doing inventory...
Yup...I think I'm good with Julep polishes for a while!
Nice! I re-organized mine last night and had to take a pic of them in their color groups :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sadly it just made me want more. Lol!

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice! I re-organized mine last night and had to take a pic of them in their color groups
smile.gif

Ooooooooo, dats puuuuurdy
wub.gif
I love it! Haha, sadly, mine were in alphabetical order on the table there LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice! I re-organized mine last night and had to take a pic of them in their color groups
smile.gif

Ooooooooo, dats puuuuurdy
wub.gif
I love it! Haha, sadly, mine were in alphabetical order on the table there LOL

Alphabetical! LOVE it! I'll have to do that with mine sometime :-D

Okay, so I guess I outsmarted Juleps system and got a modern beauty box after all lol! After I emailed CS on the 25th I changed my default style profile to MB. I guess it was soon enough before they pulled my box! I also just received a response to that email an hour ago 0_o. So I guess if you forget to skip, at least try to change your style profile ASAP to get the best box to be stuck with. I'm actually happy I ended up getting to try the drops. I got the wooden cuticle pushers instead of the orange buffers tho. Oh well, I was already lucky enough.

Okay, so I guess I outsmarted Juleps system and got a modern beauty box after all lol! After I emailed CS on the 25th I changed my default style profile to MB. I guess it was soon enough before they pulled my box! I also just received a response to that email an hour ago 0_o. So I guess if you forget to skip, at least try to change your style profile ASAP to get the best box to be stuck with. I'm actually happy I ended up getting to try the drops. I got the wooden cuticle pushers instead of the orange buffers tho. Oh well, I was already lucky enough.
Great I'm glad it worked out for you.

Annoyed. My box said it's been delivered but obviously it hasn't been. I have a 2nd box from Julep scheduled for delivery tomorrow so hope my 1st box with the 2nd show up tomorrow. I hate it when the tracking system says something was delivered when it's not. It's happened a few times and it's so annoying.

I chose the Ultimate Collection for 8000 Jules.

Quote: For the Maven who wants it all: nine new nail colors, Ta Da! Quick Dry Drops, Vanish Cuticle Softener & Remover, Essential Cuticle Oil, and the Resort Collection. ($204 value)

Set includes: Hannah, Noelle, Mae, Margot, Mona, Abigail, Annemarie, Hope, Farrah, Ta Da! Quick Dry Drops, Vanish Cuticle Softener & Remover, Essential Cuticle Oil, and The Resort Collection.

Since the Quick Dry drops has not been reformulated I know I'm going to have to either use it quickly or transfer it to an amber bottle. Why? Because my two - SEALED - bottles from earlier in the year are almost empty and the clear liquid is now yellow. These photos were taken December 20, 2013 and I had received these in January 2013.

I'm planning on keeping my drops in the box they came in. Hopefully that helps since I'm really liking them. Oh on a side note I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Abigail and the silk finish:) It's my new favorite for sure

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Annoyed. My box said it's been delivered but obviously it hasn't been. I have a 2nd box from Julep scheduled for delivery tomorrow so hope my 1st box with the 2nd show up tomorrow. I hate it when the tracking system says something was delivered when it's not. It's happened a few times and it's so annoying.

I chose the Ultimate Collection for 8000 Jules.

Since the Quick Dry drops has not been reformulated I know I'm going to have to either use it quickly or transfer it to an amber bottle. Why? Because my two - SEALED - bottles from earlier in the year are almost empty and the clear liquid is now yellow. These photos were taken December 20, 2013 and I had received these in January 2013.

Whoa!! I can't believe that. I honestly think a year is kind of quick to use up that product anyway.  The bottles are pretty decent sized.  It takes me like 6-9 months to get through a bottle of Seche and I paint my nails every 4-5 days.

Whoever mentioned that the drops stink, I think they have the same scent as the cuticle oil (at least to me)? I don't know what it is, but I sort of like it lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm planning on keeping my drops in the box they came in. Hopefully that helps since I'm really liking them. Oh on a side note I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Abigail and the silk finish:) It's my new favorite for sure
I love Abigail too! I ordered it because Abigail is my daughter's name, but I wasn't sure if I would like it. But oh my gosh it is soft and beautiful and the perfect nude color for my coloring.

Now I do hope that they package all the silk finish polishes together. I would get it and I actually wouldn't mind having a backup of Abigail.

Here is the whole collection. I don't know why it uploaded upside down. I think Farrah is my favorite so far, but I haven't opened them yet.

julep january collection,....better in person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and mona doesn't look as dark as this swatch, can't wait to wear it!

l to r:  Noelle, Abigail, Farrah, Mae, Hope, Annemarie, Mona, Hannah, Margot

Still waiting. According to their tracking I WAS to get it today but nope... it's MIA at the moment.

For whatever reason I was expecting two Julep packages but the one that's been marked delivered (yesterday) has yet to show up. I asked Bill (our mail man) today if he mis-delivered my package yesterday and he said he didn't have any Julep packages for me yesterday. I trust Bill so my guess is that it was mis-delivered since our street is one of those weird ones that's not only like Main St but also Main Pl, Main Dr and Main Ave as well as Main St AND we're a North and South address so there is a 124 S Main St as well as a 124 N Main St. With all the mishaps the post office has had it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened. If neither box comes tomorrow (Saturday) I'll email Julep then. I'm sure that package #2 is just delayed due to Wednesday being New Years and that it's possible package #1 could still show up tomorrow.

julep january collection,....better in person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and mona doesn't look as dark as this swatch, can't wait to wear it! l to r:  Noelle, Abigail, Farrah, Mae, Hope, Annemarie, Mona, Hannah, Margot
Your swatches make me wish I had gotten the full collection!

I'm wearing Farrah right now. Even though I just did my nails last night, I couldn't wait. I will post pics tomorrow because I am too lazy tonight. I am loving this color and the silk finish!

I guess this is only vaguely related to the January box, but I figured I'd ask here. I wanted to get my sister a Julep box sub as a gift..but I'm not sure if the way I want to do it is possible?

She's living with my SO and me after her (now ex) boyfriend of  5 years decided he (at 27 years old) wished to relive the college party experience with a gaggle of 19 year old girls. So she's been understandably pretty bummed lately and I thought a monthly box would brighten her spirits a little -- she loves to do her nails and LOVED the mystery box I got her for xmas.

Problem is, I'd really like to be able to wrap the first box and gift it to her (kind of like Birchbox lets you do) with a little note that says I got her a 6 month sub, so there will be more coming each month. Is there any way at all to do this? The only option for gifting Maven I see is kind of like a giftcard, which I think is sort of lame -- I want her to have the first box right away when I give it to her so she has some fun polishes to try.

I could sign up for a new account I suppose and select the first box for her or do the freemaven code, but that would be a pain since she would have to somehow take over that account/change email addresses on it after she gets the gift. Or maybe do the regular gift option, and then give her the next mystery box as a gift? Idk. I want something tangible to give her, not just a giftcard that says 'you've got 6 months of maven'.

I just want to make this as simple as possible for her.. is what I want to do an option, or am I out of luck? Any ideas?

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  julep january collection,....better in person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and mona doesn't look as dark as this swatch, can't wait to wear it!

l to r:  Noelle, Abigail, Farrah, Mae, Hope, Annemarie, Mona, Hannah, Margot

Really lovely collection!  It's one of those that sneaks up on you
smile.gif

I tried the Vanish drops tonight.  They worked very well, but I get similar results just soaking my nails in warm water or removing my cuticles after a bath/shower. But, they worked great for staining!  My nails are constantly stained so I think I will get a lot of use that way.

Latest posts

Back