(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @luckyme502 - when did you order Betty?
On January 1.  

Pft. Julep hates me then. LOL I ordered mine on the 2nd and I have yet to get a ship notice for it.

Pft. Julep hates me then. LOL I ordered mine on the 2nd and I have yet to get a ship notice for it.
I never received a shipping notice.  It just showed up.  Which was a really nice surprise on a Monday!  

I just received my ship notice for Betty. I hope it gets here before my daughter's birthday on the 15th.

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just received my ship notice for Betty. I hope it gets here before my daughter's birthday on the 15th.
I just got my shipping email too.  I ordered on the 1st from the SS.  My tracking says I should get mine the 7th or 8th.  I like that they have the new "rate your tracking experience". 

I ordered Betty on the 2nd,I just got it on the mail this morning and got the shipping notice shortly after that. Lol

I got my shipping notice this morning and it informed me Betty was out for delivery today :-D

I have to admit, I'm loving the new packaging that Julep has the products in. They've come a long way since they first launched.

My boxes arrived today - all three - including the Birthstone polish "Betty".

Quote: Originally Posted by lochnessie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got an e-mail advertising Betty (January's birthstone polish) for sale from Julep - complete with the $11.20 Maven pricing. Seems like these won't only be available in the secret store. http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/betty.html 

They said on facebook that people who took their monthly box had "first access" to Betty. I figured based on that post it would be available later.

I have to admit, I'm loving the new packaging that Julep has the products in.

I got mine today, too (ordered on 1/1) - and I couldn't agree more!  I was so happy to see there's special packaging just for the Birthstone Collection.  Love the gold accent to match the bottle cap!  I'm not sure my husband will be as happy though since that means I have to get all 12 now.  
ooops.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This is a rush mani because I was so excited to put Betty on!  I hope you can see the different color glitters that make up the overall effect.  It really is very beautiful.  

Gah this is gorgeous! I can't wait to receive it AND see the polish for April, my birth month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today, too (ordered on 1/1) - and I couldn't agree more!  I was so happy to see there's special packaging just for the Birthstone Collection.  Love the gold accent to match the bottle cap!  I'm not sure my husband will be as happy though since that means I have to get all 12 now.  
ooops.gif

I agree as well, on the packaging.  Definitely makes it look special and like its own collection.  I will also be purchasing each month, so excited!

Betty looks so pretty!  I can't wait to see all the other months.  I don't think I will get them all, but I will definitely get my birthstone as well as the colors for my daughters birth months.

Just did a mani with betty and its kinda.. thick and goopy. it was tough to use. did i get a bad batch, or is it just like this?

Quote: Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just did a mani with betty and its kinda.. thick and goopy. it was tough to use. did i get a bad batch, or is it just like this?
I didn't find it thick and goopy.  But maybe I'm just used to thick and goopy polishes.  

Quote: Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the same problem.  This is part of a "Betty" review I left on their site a couple of days ago and they never published it.

Quote: It's one of the most difficult Julep polishes I've ever applied, and I own the full Gem Collection.  I used Bonder as a base coat (and I've never had trouble using it with Julep polishes in the past).

The first application was somewhat chunky and streaky.  The polish thickened up very quickly once exposed to air and just seemed to sit as a clump on the end of the brush.  I also had problems keeping the polish from dripping down the brush-applicator, which seems fairly standard for Julep polishes due to the bottle design.  At one coat, the texture was very course due to the glitter.  It took me three coats to get it to the shade / thickness I wanted.  I would have liked to stop at two because as mentioned previously, the formula really thickened up on me and I had to reseal and shake the bottle at least 2-3 times per coat.

I love the color and I will use it again.  I'm happy with my purchase in that regard.  I'll just know to set aside a large block of time for it in the future.  I'm also very excited about the idea of a Birthstone Collection - so problems aside, they won't prevent me from ordering future releases.

I was much happier with it once I put Freedom Coat on top.  But still...

I have no problems with my Betty. I'd even say it is a bit too thin. I was able to apply it without any problems.

Back