(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  These are the pics of Betty.  It's hard to see, but the glitter is two different colors.  A purple and a garnet red.

Love this color.

This is a rush mani because I was so excited to put Betty on!  I hope you can see the different color glitters that make up the overall effect.  It really is very beautiful.

Wow looks great on you.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  mona & margot ps i hate stamping, i am bad at it i now realize that ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cute!

I wonder if this month's mystery box is going to be any good. Lately they seem to be kind of thrown together. I miss the kind of theme boxes they had this last summer.

I put on Betty yesterday and it really is gorgeous! I'm glad my month's polish (which arrived quite conveniently on my birthday earlier this week) is so lovely.

The mystery boxes really do need to step it up a little. I've taken the last two and while I really liked the Diamond mystery box and some of my favorite products/polishes came out of it, the Naughty and Nice one was pretty sad. The only good products in it were the two exclusive polishes. On the other hand, I'll want to take the box for this month if it's an improvement, but my credit card and conscience will scream at me if I do!

Is anyone else growing extremely impatient, waiting for their backordered cuticle pusher to arrive?  February selection starts in a week and I still haven't received my full January order.

Finally played with Abigail.

I'm surprised how much I'm into the "silk" finish. I do like matte polishes, but I thought it would be weird and I'd want to put on a top coat, but it glows. The finish isn't so much silk as it's opalescent the way the light bounces off of it. I'm excited to try the others now.

Dislikes:

Has all the disadvantages of matte polishes (shows streaks, doesn't hide flaws, doesn't self-level over the flaws) and none of the advantages (dries super slowly. I'm using the oxygen treatment as a base to get rid of it so... yeah). Apparently using the quick dry drops will also change the texture, so there's no way to make it dry faster without changing the way it looks. I'll try it with a quicker drying base coat like Poshe.... maybe that'll help

Overall, I'm happy with the polish upgrade. I can't believe it's only a week until the next month's box!

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is anyone else growing extremely impatient, waiting for their backordered cuticle pusher to arrive?  February selection starts in a week and I still haven't received my full January order.
I finally received my swatch me stickers add-on today.  

Every time I'm reminded about the selection window I always feel like julep makes time fly.

That's what I'm waiting for.

Quote: Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's what I'm waiting for.
They were by themselves in an envelope.  

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope that means they've sent out the backordered cuticle pushers as well.  I'd really like to try it before the spring semester starts.

So it looks like the Mystery boxes won't be out for "a couple of weeks" (according to their Facebook page). Well blah.

So it looks like the Mystery boxes won't be out for "a couple of weeks" (according to their Facebook page). Well blah.
I saw that too. Which puts them coming out not long after the February box billing. I like it when they so the mystery boxes around the 10th-12th since it spreads out my Julep purchases :-D

Question! With the Ta Da drops, do you use them on a top coat or do you put the drops on the polish? I've tried the drops twice now without a topcoat and the polish doesn't seem to dry any faster. What combination do you do? I have SV and Julep Freedom top coat. Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Question! With the Ta Da drops, do you use them on a top coat or do you put the drops on the polish? I've tried the drops twice now without a topcoat and the polish doesn't seem to dry any faster. What combination do you do? I have SV and Julep Freedom top coat. Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've tried it both ways and the drops didn't really do anything either way for me. To be honest, if the polish is good quality (like Julep) I don't bother with a top coat. I'm sure I'm committing a mortal manicure sin, but I just don't have time for a third coat!

I generally use them once I put on a topcoat. They don't seem to work on me either; I used it over an Avon topcoat and I still had blanket marks the next morning. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Drying drops never work on me. I have some Sally Hansen ones that don't do anything either.

I didn't get the drops, but a coworker did, and her nails ended up so bumpy that I thought she was wearing a textured polish! And she said it took two hours to dry. And she's still wearing it three days later because she "doesn't have time" to redo them. I just don't understand not having the time to redo a hideous mani you hate. I *make* the time to fix that shit. I even have a stash of chrome and metallic polishes that I know dry super quickly for desperate situations when I only have fifteen minutes to do everything including removing the old polish.

I didn't get the drops, but a coworker did, and her nails ended up so bumpy that I thought she was wearing a textured polish! And she said it took two hours to dry. And she's still wearing it three days later because she "doesn't have time" to redo them. I just don't understand not having the time to redo a hideous mani you hate. I *make* the time to fix that shit. I even have a stash of chrome and metallic polishes that I know dry super quickly for desperate situations when I only have fifteen minutes to do everything including removing the old polish.
I totally agree with this! I can tolerate a little tip wear, but once there is any noticeable chip or anything, off the polish comes. I would rather just take it off and at least put on my base coat if I feel I don't have time for a whole mani.

Back