(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have no problems with my Betty. I'd even say it is a bit too thin. I was able to apply it without any problems.

That's so crazy!  Almost makes me want to order another one and see if there were different batches!

I feel like a lot of julep polishes have the thick / goopy problem. I've been using them so long though I feel used to it. I find that it's nothing a few drops of thinner doesn't fix but I have some polishes I have to thin on each use, which is slightly annoying. Then you get some julep colors that go on like a dream. (Charlotte comes to mind, only because I just used that color and Omg made me so happy to only need one coat)

I posted on their Facebook about my dud bottle of Betty to see if they'll exchange it. Here's hoping.. its so pretty but I reeeally can't use it like this.

[@]shutterbug[/@]. On a side note, I wonder if they will ever change the shape of their bottles?? They are really cute but have many issues, one of which is stability which is a key when using nail polish!! Oh, but I suppose then I would have to buy all new ones so they all matched ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think the square hue bottles look really cute and user-friendly.

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@shutterbug. On a side note, I wonder if they will ever change the shape of their bottles?? They are really cute but have many issues, one of which is stability which is a key when using nail polish!!

Oh, but I suppose then I would have to buy all new ones so they all matched
wink.gif
I think the square hue bottles look really cute and user-friendly.
The Square Hue bottles are not storage friendly.  They are the bulkiest bottles I own!

The Square Hue bottles are not storage friendly.  They are the bulkiest bottles I own!
Oh but they look so square and easy to store! I have never used the polish, just from looking at pics ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Which bottles are your favorite?

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh but they look so square and easy to store! I have never used the polish, just from looking at pics
wink.gif

Which bottles are your favorite?

It might depend on how you're storing them. They're a dream in a Helmer, but I can see where they would be too bulky for a wall rack.

Agreed on the Square Hue - they take up about as much space in my little storage boxes as my OPI bottles do (photo here before I got my first S.H. box), but with the OPI bottles being rounded, I can fit more items (buffers, files, etc.) in around them.  Julep is my favorite to store just because I can pack 25 bottles into the same box that would only store 9 OPI / Square Hue.

I think the reason Julep has the design they do is to creatively hide the amount of polish, even with the stability issues.  They stand as tall as an OPI bottle, but only have 8 mL - OPI has 15 mL.  And they're taller than Butter bottles - those have 11 mL, however.  With the "polish" portion of the Julep bottles being so elongated though, it takes a longer brush-applicator to hit the bottom of the bottle - which tends to make a goopy mess out of a few of 'em once all that starts dripping down toward the brush.

[@]shutterbug[/@] I was thinking the same thing about disguising the small amount of polish, like a tall narrow glass haha. I'm jealous of all your goodies!!

Quote: Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just did a mani with betty and its kinda.. thick and goopy. it was tough to use. did i get a bad batch, or is it just like this?

Mine is kind of goopy as well. I find that to be the case with most of Julep's microglitters. Monica & Kyla are the worst offenders.

Mine is kind of goopy as well. I find that to be the case with most of Julep's microglitters. Monica & Kyla are the worst offenders.
Monica is my fav Julep but I Have to use Seche restore on it before each coat.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was so in awe of Betty when I saw the pictures here that it pushed me to become a Maven after 8+ months of buying Julep products (I've been wanting to do it anyways), buy it at full price when I've never done that before, AND make my own account here so I could talk instead of lurk! I'm a sucker for anything birthstone-themed, especially when January/garnet comes up. I'm already anxious for it to arrive so I can put it on.
Welcome!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! Thanks
smile.gif

Of course this means I now have to take every box this year. Which I was mostly planning to do. Last year I skipped most of the boxes but got more mystery boxes and sale hauls, which is fun but I'm at that point in my Julep collecting where I have nearly 130 polishes and most of the products so mystery boxes and sales are mostly dupes. I'd have to not purchase much of anything for several months and I can't give up on Julep for that long :-D
I totally understand what you mean....lol....observe: I took this photo the other day while doing inventory...

Yup...I think I'm good with Julep polishes for a while!
7b.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! Thanks
smile.gif

Of course this means I now have to take every box this year. Which I was mostly planning to do. Last year I skipped most of the boxes but got more mystery boxes and sale hauls, which is fun but I'm at that point in my Julep collecting where I have nearly 130 polishes and most of the products so mystery boxes and sales are mostly dupes. I'd have to not purchase much of anything for several months and I can't give up on Julep for that long :-D
I totally understand what you mean....lol....observe: I took this photo the other day while doing inventory...

Yup...I think I'm good with Julep polishes for a while!
Nice! I re-organized mine last night and had to take a pic of them in their color groups
smile.gif

Sadly it just made me want more. Lol! Nice collection!

Julep is one of my most consistently good subs and Jan was no different. I loved the colors so much I bought everything! And I just had custom fitted artificial nails made so I'm ready to start polishing and re-polishing them (they literally last forever and hold up to acetone remover, guaranteed). I figure I was spending about 39-40/mo on drug store fakes so for 80 I could get made to fit sets that last forever. I'll be using my NYE set first thing once they arrive!

Quote: Originally Posted by Fashion Diva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julep is one of my most consistently good subs and Jan was no different. I loved the colors so much I bought everything! And I just had custom fitted artificial nails made so I'm ready to start polishing and re-polishing them (they literally last forever and hold up to acetone remover, guaranteed). I figure I was spending about 39-40/mo on drug store fakes so for 80 I could get made to fit sets that last forever. I'll be using my NYE set first thing once they arrive!
These sound interesting, what are they? Where do you get them?

Custom Nail Solutions (.com). They oddly don't ship to NV or UT so I had to have the impression making set sent to my mom in PA. You take plaster impressions and once dry, mail them back in a prepaid UPS envelope. From then it takes about 3-4 weeks to get the finished product. Of course mine will again go to PA then mom will forward to me in Vegas. Can you tell I really wanted them? Lol

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  julep january collection,....better in person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and mona doesn't look as dark as this swatch, can't wait to wear it!

l to r:  Noelle, Abigail, Farrah, Mae, Hope, Annemarie, Mona, Hannah, Margot

I really like Margot.

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  julep silk finish farrah and julep missy tips

you can see here the shimmer in farrah, i love it!

Pretty!

Back