(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no box from Julep but the 2nd package should be here Monday. Once it's here I'll contact Julep about the 1st box since I don't know what's in the 2nd much less the 1st.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Still no box from Julep but the 2nd package should be here Monday. Once it's here I'll contact Julep about the 1st box since I don't know what's in the 2nd much less the 1st.

That's just crazy! It's been sitting since the 31st, hasn't it?

According to tracking it's now in Spokane so it should be here on Monday. Frankly looking at when it left Spokane it should have been here today.

jessrose18-- that's really pretty!  

I've had Farrah on for 2 days and I've never gotten so many compliments on my nails before.  It's a very lovely color! 

Quote: Originally Posted by unicorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I guess this is only vaguely related to the January box, but I figured I'd ask here. I wanted to get my sister a Julep box sub as a gift..but I'm not sure if the way I want to do it is possible?

She's living with my SO and me after her (now ex) boyfriend of  5 years decided he (at 27 years old) wished to relive the college party experience with a gaggle of 19 year old girls. So she's been understandably pretty bummed lately and I thought a monthly box would brighten her spirits a little -- she loves to do her nails and LOVED the mystery box I got her for xmas.

Problem is, I'd really like to be able to wrap the first box and gift it to her (kind of like Birchbox lets you do) with a little note that says I got her a 6 month sub, so there will be more coming each month. Is there any way at all to do this? The only option for gifting Maven I see is kind of like a giftcard, which I think is sort of lame -- I want her to have the first box right away when I give it to her so she has some fun polishes to try.

I could sign up for a new account I suppose and select the first box for her or do the freemaven code, but that would be a pain since she would have to somehow take over that account/change email addresses on it after she gets the gift. Or maybe do the regular gift option, and then give her the next mystery box as a gift? Idk. I want something tangible to give her, not just a giftcard that says 'you've got 6 months of maven'.

I just want to make this as simple as possible for her.. is what I want to do an option, or am I out of luck? Any ideas?

They only allow one Maven account per physical address, so sadly the answer to this is you can't gift her a sub.

They only allow one Maven account per physical address, so sadly the answer to this is you can't gift her a sub.
I have more than one maven account at my address. One for me and one for my daughter.

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have more than one maven account at my address. One for me and one for my daughter.
I think as in they don't let you get more than one intro box at the intro price per address? Though I could be wrong, if you have two

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously? That is.. so stupid and seems utterly nonsensical. Gonna doublecheck on facebook I think, because that seems so ridiculous.

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I could've sworn I read somewhere that they only allow one sub per physical address. I'm glad to be proven wrong though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think as in they don't let you get more than one intro box at the intro price per address? Though I could be wrong, if you have two

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I could've sworn I read somewhere that they only allow one sub per physical address. I'm glad to be proven wrong though.
We both got the intro box.  I think it was  free or $1, I can't remember.  I signed up in July and my daughter signed up in August, or maybe later in July, I can't remember and I don't want to take the time right now to go look.  I remember because I really wanted another pedicure cream that was in the intro box at that time. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lochnessie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got an e-mail advertising Betty (January's birthstone polish) for sale from Julep - complete with the $11.20 Maven pricing. Seems like these won't only be available in the secret store. http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/betty.html 

I ordered that during the Secret Store. Wish the price on it was less than $11.20 (Maven price) during the Secret Store.

Quote: Originally Posted by lochnessie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got an e-mail advertising Betty (January's birthstone polish) for sale from Julep - complete with the $11.20 Maven pricing. Seems like these won't only be available in the secret store. http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/betty.html 

Kind of annoying tbh. I would have waited if I had known.

I just received my SS order!  I only ordered Betty - January Garnet.  It's so pretty.  I will post pics in a sec!  

ETA:  MuT is not letting me upload from my phone, so it will be a little longer before I get the pics up.  

Okay, MuT is letting me edit my above post.  I wanted to fix it a little and add that the packaging is very pretty.  

Back