(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting Bombshell this month. I love Mae (the lavendar satin) and I want to try the quick dry drops.  My daughter loves the gold color, so she can have that one. No add-ons for me.  

I hope they have a good end of the year sale!

Skipping this month. I kind of have to after Christmas and with those colors I can do so without regrets. Nothing I really need to have.

Skipping this month. I kind of have to after Christmas and with those colors I can do so without regrets. Nothing I really need to have.
I hear you on that. I think if the cuticle pusher alone weren't sold out I would have taken it. Oh well. At least this wouldn't have been my third box.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hear you on that. I think if the cuticle pusher alone weren't sold out I would have taken it. Oh well. At least this wouldn't have been my third box.

Quote: Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped. They just didn't inspire me.

Quote: Originally Posted by sylarana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skipping as well! The brights were not even a monthly option, they were an add-on and I really don't think I see anything I have to have. Too many blah colors and weird textures. 

Still hoping for an amazing end of the year sale! 

i want it all!!!!! if the ultimate upgrade box included the cuticle pusher, i would totally get that. i'm so undecided. i for sure want margot.

I got the upgrade (polish + the nail products). Of course the shades I want are in different personalities.  I am pretty new to Julep so I'm excited. 

Quote: Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif This really irks me because I just ordered the Caddy and so much more which include the Ta-Da Drops and now I am looking at getting another bottle because I don't plan on getting Modern Beauty and I would prefer to just have the Vanish drops instead. Also I have been eying the manicure set and so I don't want to get the add-on duo if the cuticle pusher is the exact same. Oh why did you have to complicate things Julep?

I didn't get online until late this afternoon and thankfully I believe I already have the cuticle pusher in my mani kit (just got it for my birthday at the end of Nov.), even though they wouldn't directly answer my question about it on Facebook.

Looks like they are already sold out of the cuticle pusher as a solo add-on, and also sold out of the cuticle pusher as a combo-add-on with Vanish.  They now have a "pre-order" add-on selection for just the cuticle pusher, so I'm assuming they are trying to avoid even more Maven wrath.

Or as the dark side of my brain says:  "They are actually making even more $$ by saying the combo-add-on ($17.99) is already sold out which forces people to buy Vanish separately ($9.99), and the add-on cuticle pusher separately as a 'pre-order' ($11.99) - so it's now $21.98 if you want both, sort of - vs. the $17.99 it would have been for the sold-out combo-add-on together".

I didn't have the Ta Da! drops or cuticle oil yet so I took the Modern Beauty box.  I basically have it with the add-on thanks to the mani kit anyway.

Early this morning I did the upgrade with the polish and the drops and added on the cuticle pusher and the swatch me stickers.  I already own a couple cuticle pusher, but I want to try theirs and I have been wanting the swatch stickers forever but they are always out of stock.  

ok....i decided to get the $35 upgrade and add the cuticle pusher, $67 on nail polish stuff seems excessive, but i **needed** 5/9 colors, the drops, the varnish, AND the cuticle pusher.

Does anyone know if the quick dry drops change the texture of polishes such as silk, satin, and latex? Trying to decide if I need them or not... I really only do if they do not change the finish.

I'm just not inspired by this month's collection.
icon_confused.gif
I went with Bombshell, but I did add on Annemarie, Mona and Hannah....I may change my mind though. I really just don't like the look of the silks. Maybe they look better in person, but in the swatches, they look meh.

Skip! I just wanted the cuticle drops and pusher! They were out of pushers when I checked so that was a sign to SKIP! I already have a bottle of OPI fast drying drops. 

for the products I want it would be $40, for $55 and i would get 5 more polishes i think I'm going with the upgrade.  i would have added those resort shades but i feel like they are too much for mini bottles, hope they show up again later for a better price or full size.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if the quick dry drops change the texture of polishes such as silk, satin, and latex? Trying to decide if I need them or not... I really only do if they do not change the finish.

No, it doesn't change the finish at all. I love the quick dry drops and am excited to get another.

I love most of the colors, but am going to resist upgrading because of how much I've already spent on Christmas. Any other month.

Latest posts

Back