(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one polish that really screamed at me was that beautiful gold one in the Bombshell box. It's the most gold polish Julep has. I wish they would've had it for the holidays. I have the polish upgrade for right now, but we'll see if I hold on to it.

I can't skip quickly enough -- and I can't skip, period! When I hit the skip option, it just opens a new tab. Is anyone else having this problem?

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm I'm really interested in getting the modern beauty box but I just feel like I should wait and see what the end of the year sale has. The drops look cool but I guess I'm happy enough with my Seche Vite that I don't know if I have a need for another drying product.
my thoughts rxactly - i'm only really interested in two polishes and the vanish drops ---blah

The thing I want the most is the swatch me stickers. I ordered them once before and got an email saying they ran out before they could ship them. They refunded me, but I really want to swatch my older bottles. Would do the core box, but already have the cuticle oil. Probably going to skip. I have the mystery box and add on coming tomorrow, Need to slow down so I can wear what I have.

I can't skip quickly enough -- and I can't skip, period! When I hit the skip option, it just opens a new tab. Is anyone else having this problem?
I can't skip either !! I always do it from my phone, but I don't see the option at all this time. Gah. Now I have to remember to get on my laptop later and skip.

ok, how the heck is the cuticle pusher already sold out as an add-on????? It's the 1st day of the selection????   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.  all I want is a modern beauty box with farrah & a cuticle pusher as add-ons

I can't skip either !! I always do it from my phone, but I don't see the option at all this time. Gah. Now I have to remember to get on my laptop later and skip.
It disappeared from the mobile site two or three months ago. My above skipping problem? Is on Internet Explorer 8 on my work desktop. I've got Safari and Firefox on my new laptop and an older version of Safari on my just-barely-hanging-in-there laptop at home. I hope one of those works.

Ughhh I can't skip either! I don't have Internet right now so I can't just try it on my laptop.

I'm finally taking a box this month! First time, since like June! I'm getting Classic with a Twist (I was going to get the Bombshell box, but I already have so many golds, I went with CwaT because Abigal is unique to my collection) with Hannah and Mae add ons. I'm also thinking about getting the resort collection add on too, but I already have similar colors, but I love the minis and I'd like to try the topcoat, but I'm not sure. I'm just so excited I love the colors this month! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ok, how the heck is the cuticle pusher already sold out as an add-on????? It's the 1st day of the selection????   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.  all I want is a modern beauty box with farrah & a cuticle pusher as add-ons

It shows as back available now.  I had already selected Modern Beauty because I wasn't paying close enough attention to realize that the cuticle pusher wasn't included.  I changed my mind and I'm going to skip now because I really just want 3 polishes:  Noelle, Abigail, and Farrah.  I expect that they will sell these three as a set later because they are the 3 silk finishes.

I thought skip for sure when I first saw the sneak peek earlier

& now that I see the swatches on actually nails I'm in love with all the colours.

Quote: Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It shows as back available now.  I had already selected Modern Beauty because I wasn't paying close enough attention to realize that the cuticle pusher wasn't included.  I changed my mind and I'm going to skip now because I really just want 3 polishes:  Noelle, Abigail, and Farrah.  I expect that they will sell these three as a set later because they are the 3 silk finishes.
Awesome, thank you- just added it.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Skipped. I can wait for a sale to buy the quick dry drops. I do love them though, but as i said, they evaporate. I have one unopened bottle, sealed, and I checked last night and it's half empty now. Sigh. Not worth $10. Maybe when they're on sale for $5 or $7..

Colors were also not exciting. I have too many nude/beige colors, and was hoping to see more exciting colors for the New Year. I think Julep needs to come up with a way to make the monthly boxes seem more worth it. Because with all the sales they have.. and with old colors getting discounted to $4-$8 sometimes... a $20 box doesn't seem so worth it with just two polishes and one product.

It disappeared from the mobile site two or three months ago. My above skipping problem? Is on Internet Explorer 8 on my work desktop. I've got Safari and Firefox on my new laptop and an older version of Safari on my just-barely-hanging-in-there laptop at home. I hope one of those works.
Ooh I don't remember it not being there before, I thought I always skipped from work- where the site is blocked on the desktops- but maybe I used the desktop version on my phone ? I don't remember !!

I think I'm going to skip.  Just got my mystery box yesterday, plus, I just got Zoya's quick dry drops and cuticle oil seems to do fine for pushing back my cuticles.  Okay, I've officially talked myself out of this month's box
smile.gif

Mystery box contents:

6 polishes:  (1 dupe, America)
1 lips gloss in Timeless (lightest shade):  I like their glosses,  am happy with this.
kajal dual ended pencil:  eh, will try it for tightlining/waterline use
matte primer:  this may be my favorite Julep non-nail product, am happy to have a backup
mini rock star hand creme:  good for throwing in my purse
green tea facial blotting tissues:  always good to have

All for $17.49 and with the quick arrival, not bad at all!  I may stick with mystery boxes from now on, unless I' wowed by the monthly polish colors (and I wasn't this month).  I'm actually wowed by one of the mystery box polishes - the purple Aviva.

I thought for sure I would be taking a box, or even the polish upgrade this month but I'm just meh on all the pairings and the colors aren't as impressive to me as I thought they would be. I'd rather just get a few things with my 40% off code or see what comes up at the end of the year.

Quote: Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The silk finishes were my favorites from this month as well.  Hope they do sell them as a set at some point.

This is the first month I've taken Modern Beauty. I did Hannah as an add-on. I love the cuticle oil, and I'm interested in trying both products, so I'm for it. This seems like the first month they've included three products in the modern beauty box, no? Or maybe I just haven't been paying attention...

Yeah I changed it to Modern Beauty (first time ever, too!) and did the 3 colors I loved the most as addons. That seemed like a good deal to me.

Latest posts

Back