(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is there somewhere where we can discuss the current Mystery Box being offered???
I don't think there's a thread yet. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I may make one later if nobody else has yet. I'd feel weird as a n00b making a thread.

I know the sneak peek pics were already posted, but from the same website they came from, she has a few more pictures, including the actual julep ad for the collection and it looks like the cuticle drops come w/ a tool (or maybe an add on a tool) to help remove cuticles (eeeeeee! very excited for that!!)  I am totally getting a modern beauty box & add on Farrah. (& maybe noelle too.. hard to tell- the color looks diff in each pic..)

http://www.xoxoemmy.com/en/juleps-january-2014-maven-collection-preview/

Come on jan!!!  I want to make my box selection now!!
biggrin.gif

The mystery box I saw I didn't like. I think I may just take the monthly box now. Not sure though.

If I see other mystery boxes and they look better. I'll take a shot.

Quote: Originally Posted by weareclouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The mystery box I saw I didn't like. I think I may just take the monthly box now. Not sure though.

If I see other mystery boxes and they look better. I'll take a shot.
I've heard Julep has an incredible end-of-the year sale. I am holding onto my 40% promo code for that.

I've heard Julep has an incredible end-of-the year sale. I am holding onto my 40% promo code for that.

I wonder when that's gonna start.

lol just watch them exclude the 40% from that too

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know. That is what I am guessing. Ugggh. Hope not. Although Julep took a lot of my money over the past month and I could use a little time to actually USE these polishes lol. 

I've had that thought in the back of my mind since I got the code - just didn't want to say it in case, ha! though after they disabled it for the mystery box, I wouldn't be surprised now if they did for the end of the year sale too. I'm still saving it just in case, I decided if it doesn't work for sale stuff I have a few polishes on my wish list that never go on sale and I'll just use it for those.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I know the sneak peek pics were already posted, but from the same website they came from, she has a few more pictures, including the actual julep ad for the collection and it looks like the cuticle drops come w/ a tool (or maybe an add on a tool) to help remove cuticles (eeeeeee! very excited for that!!)  I am totally getting a modern beauty box & add on Farrah. (& maybe noelle too.. hard to tell- the color looks diff in each pic..)

http://www.xoxoemmy.com/en/juleps-january-2014-maven-collection-preview/

Come on jan!!!  I want to make my box selection now!!
biggrin.gif

Oooh, I think I might be scared of that tool.
unsure.gif

But I agree, I can't wait for the Maven selections to start.  Only 2 more days! 

Julep posted that the vanish drops will not be in every box (only modern beauty) so I take that to mean the quick dry drops will be the product in the other boxes this month.  Wish it was the other way around
icon_neutral.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Julep posted that the vanish drops will not be in every box (only modern beauty) so I take that to mean the quick dry drops will be the product in the other boxes this month.  Wish it was the other way around
icon_neutral.gif

What are the vanish drops?  

I am excited for the selection window to open! I'm using Jules, which makes it even better. I may even go with modern beauty and one add on. Though I'm sure I'll change my mind right up to the last minute.

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyMoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What are the vanish drops?  
Here is the email I got just a bit ago.  Seems pretty interesting!

Here is the email I got just a bit ago.  Seems pretty interesting!

Thanks!  It seems that I am once again not getting emails from Julep. 

icon_neutral.gif

Same, especially since I just bought some of the ta-da drops. Figuring out which box to get might be more difficult this month because of that...

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Same, especially since I just bought some of the ta-da drops. Figuring out which box to get might be more difficult this month because of that...
How do you like the ta-da drops?  I have never used quick dry drops of any kind.  Can you use a top coat and then use the drops?

How do you like the ta-da drops?  I have never used quick dry drops of any kind.  Can you use a top coat and then use the drops?
I used the top coat then the drops. I seem to notice a small difference, but there's vitamins in them too so I like that. My cuticles need all the help they can get.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the older version of Julep's quick dry drops (before they were called "Ta Da" drops) and i love them. They speed up dry time by a LOT. This is coming from someone who likes doing my nails really fast, and then want to do other things with my hands right away (which usually leads to messing up at least a nail or two before they fully dry). After finishing your mani as normal (after top coat) i wait a minute, drop one drop on each nail, and almost immediately i can tap on my nails and they are dry.

HOWEVER if i have 2 or 3 thick coats of polish on before putting the drops, it may take longer. So i wouldn't touch it right after applying the drops.. When i have 1-2 thinner coats on, i can touch it immediately after applying the drops. How wonderful.

Oh and one other problem i had with the drops (not sure if they fixed this for the newer version) is that when i ordered them, the bottle came looking only half or 3/4 full. It evaporates even when it's still sealed... I emailed julep about it and they sent me another one... which was ALSO only half or 3/4 full. So hopefully that doesn't happen with the new drops.

how do quick dry drops work?  every time i look at these swatches i like the colors more and more..... 
I'm on my second bottle of the quick dry/ta-da drops. I apply my topcoat and wait one minute then use the drops. They ware oil rich and I think they do lessen drying time. Since I love them so much, I bought a backup now idont don't know what to order. I want the Vanish Drops and the too. Idk will find out soon

Back