(spoilers) Julep January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the quick dry drops are really in every box I might take a box this month, depending on which colors are in It Girl, since that is usually my profile.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Julep posted that the vanish drops will not be in every box (only modern beauty) so I take that to mean the quick dry drops will be the product in the other boxes this month.  Wish it was the other way around
icon_neutral.gif

Yeah - so far on Facebook they've said:

• Vanish will be available in Modern Beauty, Upgrade boxes, as well as an add-on.

• Vanish will be available as an add-on for $12.99.

• Or you can get the add-on duo which includes Vanish and our amazing Cuticle Pusher for $17.99.

• Comment:  It is frustrating this isn't the main product, since the quick dry drops have been the product in a previous maven box.
Julep Answer:  You can always opt for the Modern Beauty box, and then add on any of the colors from the collection to curate your perfect box!

• Comment:  Is the cuticle pusher only an add on? Or will it be in the modern beauty box?
Julep Answer:  It will be available as a solo add-on, and as an add-on duo with Vanish for $17.99.

I asked if it was the same cuticle pusher tool that is sold in their manicure kit but did not receive a reply.

This review (with video link) was left in the comments as well:

http://www.xoxoemmy.com/en/julep-maven-january-sneak-peek-vanish-cuticle-softener-remover/

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Julep posted that the vanish drops will not be in every box (only modern beauty) so I take that to mean the quick dry drops will be the product in the other boxes this month.  Wish it was the other way around
icon_neutral.gif

• Vanish will be available in Modern Beauty, Upgrade boxes, as well as an add-on.

• Or you can get the add-on duo which includes Vanish and our amazing Cuticle Pusher for $17.99.

• Comment:  It is frustrating this isn't the main product, since the quick dry drops have been the product in a previous maven box.
Julep Answer:  You can always opt for the Modern Beauty box, and then add on any of the colors from the collection to curate your perfect box!

• Comment:  Is the cuticle pusher only an add on? Or will it be in the modern beauty box?
Julep Answer:  It will be available as a solo add-on, and as an add-on duo with Vanish for $17.99.

I asked if it was the same cuticle pusher tool that is sold in their manicure kit but did not receive a reply.

http://www.xoxoemmy.com/en/julep-maven-january-sneak-peek-vanish-cuticle-softener-remover/

Ugh.  Then why did they send an email promoting it?  I've been a Julep subscriber for 16 months.  I've skipped every box since sometime in the Spring.  I was so excited when I got the email about the cuticle stuff (mine need serious help right now), I was actually thinking of getting a box this month.  I got the quick dry drops whenever they were last set (I want to say last Fall?) and really don't want another one.  Getting a $17.99 add on is almost as much as getting 2 boxes.  Get it together, Julep.  I might get the Modern Beauty box because Julep polishes don't even last a full day (or even a full 12 hours) on me.  Grumblegrumblegrumble.

Ugh.  Then why did they send an email promoting it?  I've been a Julep subscriber for 16 months.  I've skipped every box since sometime in the Spring.  I was so excited when I got the email about the cuticle stuff (mine need serious help right now), I was actually thinking of getting a box this month.  I got the quick dry drops whenever they were last set (I want to say last Fall?) and really don't want another one.  Getting a $17.99 add on is almost as much as getting 2 boxes.  Get it together, Julep.  I might get the Modern Beauty box because Julep polishes don't even last a full day (or even a full 12 hours) on me.  Grumblegrumblegrumble.
Because they want everyone to get it an an add-on!!!! So annoying Julep!!

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Why does your polish only last a day or less? This would make me grumble too??? Are you using top and base coat? 

Quote: Originally Posted by shutterblog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon_neutral.gif

This really irks me because I just ordered the Caddy and so much more which include the Ta-Da Drops and now I am looking at getting another bottle because I don't plan on getting Modern Beauty and I would prefer to just have the Vanish drops instead. Also I have been eying the manicure set and so I don't want to get the add-on duo if the cuticle pusher is the exact same. Oh why did you have to complicate things Julep?

I don't want or need the cuticle stuff, but it is frustrating that once again Julep puts what most people will think of as "the good stuff" as add-ons. They always put what, are to me, the good glitter polishes as add-ons, and now this. Hrmph. I really like Julep's products, but they're driving me bananas with the way they do the monthly boxes.

I also hope they do an end-of-the-year sale. I really want the "Color Caddy & So Much More," but even when it was on sale it was still pretty expensive.

Quote: Originally Posted by Imberis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't want or need the cuticle stuff, but it is frustrating that once again Julep puts what most people will think of as "the good stuff" as add-ons. They always put what, are to me, the good glitter polishes as add-ons, and now this. Hrmph. I really like Julep's products, but they're driving me bananas with the way they do the monthly boxes.

I also hope they do an end-of-the-year sale. I really want the "Color Caddy & So Much More," but even when it was on sale it was still pretty expensive.
In terms of products that are well-received, I'm now on the boat of waiting for the mystery boxes that have the products that are relevant to my interests. Usually they'll drop the price quite a bit too, if you wait. I think I ended up paying $7 for the sea salt spray (I missed the 20% code that could've made it $5.60 :C) and it was also in the boxes.

I think I am in the minority here but I am glad that the boxes will have the quick dry drops, I have been wanting those for months. Not many of the polish colors appeal to me this month, but I have enough Jules for a free box so if I can get 1 color I like plus the quick dry drops I might actually take a box this month.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  In terms of products that are well-received, I'm now on the boat of waiting for the mystery boxes that have the products that are relevant to my interests. Usually they'll drop the price quite a bit too, if you wait. I think I ended up paying $7 for the sea salt spray (I missed the 20% code that could've made it $5.60 :C) and it was also in the boxes.
I usually do the same thing. The regular boxes are kind of iffy for me, but I'll gladly buy a mystery box with a coupon! The last one I got had a ton of neat stuff in it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do this too. January's mystery box should have November's products in it, if I've calculated right. I can see myself skipping forever and just waiting for when the products go on sale after a few months. 

I know Julep adds the "good stuff" as add-ons to make more money, but I don't know... I think doing this exclusively makes customers resentful after awhile. Or maybe that's just me. 
smile.gif

I am really happy with the mystery box contents this month, the polishes look gorgeous and the products are well rounded i think the value is there, especially for those who got to use a code!  can't wait to get mine.  

Quote: Originally Posted by jessrose18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am really happy with the mystery box contents this month, the polishes look gorgeous and the products are well rounded i think the value is there, especially for those who got to use a code!  can't wait to get mine.  
What are the other products in the box? 

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I am in the minority here but I am glad that the boxes will have the quick dry drops, I have been wanting those for months. Not many of the polish colors appeal to me this month, but I have enough Jules for a free box so if I can get 1 color I like plus the quick dry drops I might actually take a box this month.
I agree! I might actually get a box this month, simply because those are the product! I have so many other cuticle items, but I've never tried quick dry drops, so those are more fun! :)

The selection window is open and like always I don't know what to do!  I *think* I want Abigail, Noelle, Farrah and Anne Marie, now I have to figure out what the best way will be to get them.

Window is open! And of course all of the polishes I want are scattered across the different profiles. *le sigh*

Has anyone tried the Ta-Da drops? I just got them in the Caddy & More set but I haven't tried them yet. Are they worth having a spare bottle?

Hmm I'm really interested in getting the modern beauty box but I just feel like I should wait and see what the end of the year sale has. The drops look cool but I guess I'm happy enough with my Seche Vite that I don't know if I have a need for another drying product.

I have no idea how similar they are, but I picked up some drying drops from my local Five Below - 3 for $5. I haven't used them too much, but it's not worth it to me to try out Julep's version. Skipping again this month; I'll see what the sale brings!

Back