*Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have June, 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by gejag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That would be so great!  Summer is a good time to experiment with nail colors!
For me, any month that contains a vowel or any day that ends in the letter Y is a good time to experiment with nail colors.  I was just trying to figure out if there was any rhyme or reason to what they send, and they just sent out a lip item, so nails seems next.  Or a body scrub.  I have tons of them and am not hoping for more, but it seems likely to be sent out.

For me, any month that contains a vowel or any day that ends in the letter Y is a good time to experiment with nail colors.  I was just trying to figure out if there was any rhyme or reason to what they send, and they just sent out a lip item, so nails seems next.  Or a body scrub.  I have tons of them and am not hoping for more, but it seems likely to be sent out.
I would love abother body scrub but they sent one out w the summer fun box, not sure how quickly they repeat. I have a subscription to julep for nail polish, I absolutely love them.

Originally Posted by emmzk25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love abother body scrub but they sent one out w the summer fun box, not sure how quickly they repeat. I have a subscription to julep for nail polish, I absolutely love them.
I would love something for entertaining, there are so many makeup subs that I fear looking like Tammy Fay Baker soon....I can see a party on the deck/patio/pique nique theme.  Recipe cards/summer cookbook, fun cocktail glasses, napkins, colorful vase, summer barrette or headband, flower ring, outdoor party lights, citronella-type candles...endless list.  Maybe I am just in a party mood right now?!

Im so torn over whether its worth it to subscribe...
I think it's worth it, the value of what you recirve is always more than you pay and there's generally at least one or two items I'm happy with even if the box is a complete dud. It also leaves me with a stock of additional "gifts" if I forget a birthday or have a housewarming or something like that. Though I know to a lot of people it seems a little too expensive, but I figure it all balanced out and it's nice to be able to reward myself every now and then

Ugh...to sub for June or no?? Such a big dilemma this month for some reason. I'm going through the worst breakup of my life so I'm pretty sure whatever they send I won't really be able to glean any joy from it. But maybe at that point a pick-me-up will be appreciated?

If you liked may then I say you should do it! Summer boxesthis are fun! Or you could wait it out till July that one should hopefully be good since it will be their one year anniversary.

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh...to sub for June or no?? Such a big dilemma this month for some reason. I'm going through the worst breakup of my life so I'm pretty sure whatever they send I won't really be able to glean any joy from it. But maybe at that point a pick-me-up will be appreciated?
So sorry to hear that!  I like to buy myself gifts ahead of time when I know I'll need them (ie- I know my toddler won't pick out the Mother's Day gift I had in mind, so I subbed for May), so maybe you should preemptively get yourself a gift?  Show yourself how much you matter to you!  
wink.gif

I need to put together my ideas for June. I think nail polish is on target for June or July.  PopSugar Pink maybe, I could see that being a one year "anniversary item"?  It would be kind of bright but, I love bright pink...on my tanned toes in flip flops.  

Hmm June....Weddings/Roses/Dad's/Grads/Summer Solstice

Originally Posted by mabittle4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So sorry to hear that!  I like to buy myself gifts ahead of time when I know I'll need them (ie- I know my toddler won't pick out the Mother's Day gift I had in mind, so I subbed for May), so maybe you should preemptively get yourself a gift?  Show yourself how much you matter to you!  
wink.gif
This! The first two years of my daughter's life was all about her and I decided to start subbing because I was starting to feel like I was looking touch with me. These boxes - especially PopSugar really help give me a needed pick-me-up. I think you should definitely sub - at least for a month or two! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mabittle4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink.gif
Hmm I think you may have convinced me. Right now, no gifts to myself seem pleasant. Donuts for breakfast? Disgusting. Sleeping in? No way. An entire day watching TV shows? I can't even pay attention. Getting pretty and going out? Why bother when I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life.

Obviously though I'm in a very melodramatic/depressed mindset and I'm hoping that that part can't continue for too long. If I'm going to be by myself for awhile, prioritizing my own happiness is important. By mid-June, I'll hopefully be very much appreciative of whatever the PopSugar Fairies send my way. Right now even if they sent me a box of hundred dollar bills I'd probably say "meh," but we have a few weeks before June, so I'll place a positive bet on myself I suppose.

I'm only subbing for one month at a time though, because I need them to come out with new coupon codes!! They always come at the wrong time.

Originally Posted by AmandaMaven /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This! The first two years of my daughter's life was all about her and I decided to start subbing because I was starting to feel like I was looking touch with me. These boxes - especially PopSugar really help give me a needed pick-me-up. I think you should definitely sub - at least for a month or two! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
What wonderful enablers I have here at MakeupTalk! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 Now I HAVE to subscribe, it's just an absolutely essential part of my break up toolbox.

June is my birthday month, so I am hoping for an excellent box! With NO nail polish. I have about 8 nail polishes right now, and they all live in my fridge taking up space, and I know some people are obsessed, but those of us that aren't, it's just a waste.

Originally Posted by RDolph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

June is my birthday month, so I am hoping for an excellent box! With NO nail polish. I have about 8 nail polishes right now, and they all live in my fridge taking up space, and I know some people are obsessed, but those of us that aren't, it's just a waste.
Just out of curiosity, why the fridge? I've never heard of that...

I have a tiny addiction to julep nail polish so I second the not wanting nail polish. Another makeup item would be nice...or some sun screen.

I'm Sure June will be okay, they seem to have 2 good boxes and one not so good every quarter.

I wasn't thrilled with the March or April boxes, but I stuck in there thinking it would get better and I'm glad I did because I loved May's box! I had to cancel for the June box since I subscribe to a lot of sub boxes, but I'm sure I'll be back. 

I like the momentum, we had a great May box and I think it will continue!   Wishing all you MakeupTalk ladies a fabulous holiday weekend!

Back