*Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have June, 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the survey too. The questions were interesting and I'm always up to try and win a gift card.

Originally Posted by catipa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got it too,  I thought they asked some good questions.
Same here, I provided a lot of feedback in the one open text box.  I'm glad they left a lot of space! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To the "what would make your experience better" question (I'm paraphrasing - I don't recall the exact wording of the question)... I put "stop using SmartPost"... I think that's a single improvement they could implement that would increase customer satisfaction! 

I was really lost as to what to suggest in terms of brands, since they usually focus on up and comers/trendy brands, but I did list The Balm because I love my Mary Lou-manizer and I would love to try other products from them. In the "making your experience better" question, I suggested faster shipping as well. I bet they'll hear a lot of that!

Also, I broke down and finally subbed for another three months. So, hello, June, July, and August. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I suggested some hair brands that are expensive that I haven't tried, as well as some fitness brands I like. And Starbucks bc I was jealous of the refreshers in the summer fun box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I suggested a somewhat obscure indie perfumer from Portland (Imaginary Authors, in case anyone else is interested in the indies). I wish I had thought of Tokyomilk and the concept of rotating when boxes get sent out so the Pacific Northwesterners aren't pretty much *the* last area to get their boxes. I understand that the original idea was so everyone would get their boxes within a few days of each other, but PNW boxes seem to be getting sent out two weeks after everyone else, and it's been like that pretty much since the beginning.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggested a somewhat obscure indie perfumer from Portland (Imaginary Authors, in case anyone else is interested in the indies). I wish I had thought of Tokyomilk and the concept of rotating when boxes get sent out so the Pacific Northwesterners aren't pretty much *the* last area to get their boxes. I understand that the original idea was so everyone would get their boxes within a few days of each other, but PNW boxes seem to be getting sent out two weeks after everyone else, and it's been like that pretty much since the beginning.
Ugh, yes, this! I totally forgot to include the annoying PNW shipping issues in my suggestions! Also, I'm kind of wishing I had included Lush as a brand I'd like to see in PopSugar. A bath bomb or lip scrub or shower jelly (or really anything) from them would be awesome.

I suggested no cleaning products, nothing I can but myself at the supermarket for under $5, and faster shipping.

I suggested no cleaning products, nothing I can but myself at the supermarket for under $5, and faster shipping.
Good call! The theme of "laundry" that kept happening wasn't super exciting, was it?

Oooh I should have mentioned SmartPost. I know they read these threads so... NO SMART POST, PLEASE!

i got the survey too and i mentioned shipping as well plus no items we can buy at the dollar store!! also i mentioned dropping the price of the specialty boxes from $100 to $50-$75,

I also mentioned the specialty boxes being too expensive. For me $100 is way too much to spend on a gamble unless they start showing one guaranteed product beforehand that may make the box worth it.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the key to keeping the color true is exposure to light:  I had two bottles of approximately the same age (China Glaze DV8), and the one I had out and used did change color and lightened up quite a bit -- but the one I kept away from light did not.  Neither were kept in the fridge.  
This.  The fridge thing is a myth and actually some people say it hurts the polish long term to be kept in the fridge, but keeping it out of the light is key.

Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggested they stop sending things with POPSugar logo that they should be giving out for free as they help promote the brand and are IMO really tacky and inappropriate to send out in a paid for box.

I am toying with the idea of unsubscribing for June. The last box I was over the moon thrilled with was Feb. May was very good for me but not great and money is a little tighter than it's been now that I have kittens.  I'm not one of those people who is like 'what if I unsubscribe and then the box is AWESOME' it is more that I am in a position where I am usually pleased, but not super pleased with the box, and though it's a great value $35 is a big hunk of change (at least for me).

Sigh.  

I also mentioned faster shipping would improve my satisfaction with PS and less food items in the boxes.  

Originally Posted by Jflopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It supposedly makes the nail polish last longer. They say as nail polish gets older it starts to discolor but I usually use my bottles up quicker then it would take to find out if that's really true lol.
Sorry, zoned out on forums...I have always kept it in the fridge, and I have had bottles last for years this way. My nail person recommends it, because I only go in once avery few months, but always bring my own polish.

I got the survey and forgot to suggest some stuff. I wanted to suggest a palette like naked2 or even a zpalette, some makeup setting spray like deslick, maybe a cute travel makeup bag thats NOT tiny, since summer is vacation time for so many. and if they wanna keep sending out those freebie advertising things like the bag from last month, they should send stuff that is more useful than last months bag. like maybe a big plush pink popsugar towel, or beach bag, or umbrella. i'd use all 3 of those. but that's just me.

Back