(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by farrah3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found a 15 pack of the Margarita Mixers at my Sam's Club for $10 if anyone is interested.  Many different flavors/combos.  Margaritas, Martinis & Champagne Toppers.  Just in case anyone is interested.
Sounds wonderful...I'll be looking for them.

I finally got my box yesterday (it didn't even ship until after many of you had received you boxes - I have no idea why it took so long this month). I am sooooo happy with the contents of the may box! I got the hat in graphite, which is perfect because I have already own a similar hat in black. I'm a little bummed that some of the necklaces I had my eye on from Charm and Chain are not even on the site anymore because they are sold out. Oh well, I guess I will keep checking the site and hopefully they restock. I'm so happy for all the winners of the clutch. Maybe popsugar will make these bonus gifts a regular thing!

Originally Posted by gejag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No question about it.  I am 
claps.gif
 for the lucky ladies that won!  Well deserved.  But I seriously wasn't kidding when I said that those of us subscribing for 4-6 plus months, through the iffy & disappointing  boxes,  and stuck it out should have ALL gotten the extra gifts.  I like the May box; & I want to like the jewelry coupon; but in reality, anything I want is well over what the coup is worth and then I would just be settling on something just to use the silly "gift."  IMO that is really really cheesy.  Still not up to par PS.  
I agree! Now I am really happy for people who got one, but I am kind of feeling like this has the rest of us feeling a bit left out. I am still on the fence after the last 4 month of PS, so this isn't helping.

Originally Posted by lauren2828 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got my box yesterday (it didn't even ship until after many of you had received you boxes - I have no idea why it took so long this month). I am sooooo happy with the contents of the may box! I got the hat in graphite, which is perfect because I have already own a similar hat in black. I'm a little bummed that some of the necklaces I had my eye on from Charm and Chain are not even on the site anymore because they are sold out. Oh well, I guess I will keep checking the site and hopefully they restock.

I'm so happy for all the winners of the clutch. Maybe popsugar will make these bonus gifts a regular thing!
That'd be fun!  Kind of like the Julep Golden boxes!!!  What other services do that?  I know Loot Crate has a Mega Crate they send one lucky subscriber every month?

Because I found a promo code I decided to try a popsugar box and this box provided me hours of entertainment on the sheer basis I thought it was so awful. The hat engulfed my face lol the chips were not yummy the cards were a neat idea partially but when I used them we skipped her introductions entirely. The going joke in my house is they wanna get you drunk and give you the tools to talk about yourself when wearing that huge ugly hat the lip balm I liked the color makes my lips looked chapped (sugared fig) but it felt hydrating when I wore it to bed. The tiny beauty blender I did not use yet had I not gotten the two beauty items I would have been upset even at half price but I feel as though I got my money's worth and a laugh.

Originally Posted by amberbock363 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because I found a promo code I decided to try a popsugar box and this box provided me hours of entertainment on the sheer basis I thought it was so awful. The hat engulfed my face lol the chips were not yummy the cards were a neat idea partially but when I used them we skipped her introductions entirely. The going joke in my house is they wanna get you drunk and give you the tools to talk about yourself when wearing that huge ugly hat the lip balm I liked the color makes my lips looked chapped (sugared fig) but it felt hydrating when I wore it to bed. The tiny beauty blender I did not use yet had I not gotten the two beauty items I would have been upset even at half price but I feel as though I got my money's worth and a laugh.

Funny!!  Are you sticking around for the full price gamble? lol

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree! Now I am really happy for people who got one, but I am kind of feeling like this has the rest of us feeling a bit left out. I am still on the fence after the last 4 month of PS, so this isn't helping.
As much as I agree that May was a better box, I am disappointed in PS, not only because I really DID expect/want all of the loyal (over 4 months) fans to receive the clutch as a mea culpa,  but because of the reports that say the recipients are for the most part bloggers and some other great ladies who make up the fun and informative forums we all read. (You guys all deserve the clutch, you really do!) It's admittedly a good PR move to keep the morale up with the most vocal of their fans, but on the other hand, I see an opportunity missed to reward the loyalty of manymanymanymany of us who they could have also tapped into for their loyalty, and feel the payoff for PS would have skyrocketed with happy campers.  Picture ten satisfied people reaching out or hundreds of people with glowing testimonials...This is a perfect subscription to "gift" if it can be consistently great (no useless tacky coupons please) and I can see lots of people in my life loving it.  I just bought a subscription for a family member when I had myself talked into the "reward loyalty" concept, but it has all backfired.  To maximize the frustration, after shopping for an hour on the "Chains" (?) jewelry site and finding zero I wanted to spend money on, I am feeling more than a little burned.  I now may be opting out of both of our subscriptions :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

The problem with that is quite a few of us cancel and resubscribe to take advantage of promotions and what not. I've been subscribed since October I've never missed a box but my current account I only started a few months ago.

Originally Posted by StefanieH30 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with that is quite a few of us cancel and resubscribe to take advantage of promotions and what not. I've been subscribed since October I've never missed a box but my current account I only started a few months ago.
Ahhh, right, good point...I would think they know how often you purchased the boxes and it is within the policies to stop and start again.  My same theory goes...anyone that has subscribed for several boxes and not necessarily in a row, still constitutes a loyal PS customer :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As much as I agree that May was a better box, I am disappointed in PS, not only because I really DID expect/want all of the loyal (over 4 months) fans to receive the clutch as a mea culpa,  but because of the reports that say the recipients are for the most part bloggers and some other great ladies who make up the fun and informative forums we all read. (You guys all deserve the clutch, you really do!) It's admittedly a good PR move to keep the morale up with the most vocal of their fans, but on the other hand, I see an opportunity missed to reward the loyalty of manymanymanymany of us who they could have also tapped into for their loyalty, and feel the payoff for PS would have skyrocketed with happy campers.  Picture ten satisfied people reaching out or hundreds of people with glowing testimonials...This is a perfect subscription to "gift" if it can be consistently great (no useless tacky coupons please) and I can see lots of people in my life loving it.  I just bought a subscription for a family member when I had myself talked into the "reward loyalty" concept, but it has all backfired.  To maximize the frustration, after shopping for an hour on the "Chains" (?) jewelry site and finding zero I wanted to spend money on, I am feeling more than a little burned.  I now may be opting out of both of our subscriptions :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
How would they even have any clue how to match people's PopSugar accounts with their forum names or blogs to give them the clutch?  They have so many subscribers, probably a lot that have been with them since the start (I mean I started in July with that first crazy bag and never left), so I doubt they'd be able to realistically give everyone a clutch.  I mean, say it's 10,000 subscribers (which I am guessing is low) who have been with them for 4 months.  That'd be almost $2 million (retail of course which we all know they don't pay) in clutches.  They'd probably have to do something more Birchbox anniversary like (don't they do a keychain or something along those lines)?  I did see a PopSugar beach bag they gave away at one of their recent events (I think it was in Chicago) that I wouldn't have minded getting

I hardly think PopSugar owes us anything for our "loyalty." We all knew what we are signing up for and they've been delivering what they promised. I also think it's ridiculous to think they picked and choosed who those clutches went to. It would be a nightmare trying to figure that out! Like has been said a million times before, if you aren't happy then cancel. Don't act like you are doing them some big favor by subscribing. I think it's obvious that if you don't like this box, then this sub is just not for you.

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just used my Charm and Chain code to get this ring! I'm into big chunky jewelry.

I'm a happy girl now!
That IS adorable!  I searched for an hour and missed it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I better go look again, especially since you posted it.  Thanks, nice choice LisaLeah !

That IS adorable!  I searched for an hour and missed it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I better go look again, especially since you posted it.  Thanks, nice choice LisaLeah !
It's in the sale section. It's a Kara Ross ring. 14 kt gold plated and white jasper stone.

Original price $190, down to $75 (then subtract code add tax and shipping and the total was $59)

Happy hunting!

Here is a great quote by Bill Gates:

Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
and Jeffery Gitomer:

Quote:

Customer satisfaction is worthless. Customer loyalty is priceless.

So, my point is, I respectfully disagree that a company should not reward loyalty. Perhaps they should at some point, maybe by offering points for purchases or for doing surveys like other companies do for extra perks.  That way extra items included in a box would be somehow earned, not random. Just an idea that might make for more happy customers that keep subscribing and telling their friends, who might end up becoming more customers for them.

Yes, they can take feedback and learn what people want and I think they did that very well with the most recent box. However, you aren't going to please everyone all of the time. I just hate seeing people jump to conclusions over the clutches and thinking we all got factory defects with the bracelet.

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they can take feedback and learn what people want and I think they did that very well with the most recent box. However, you aren't going to please everyone all of the time.

I just hate seeing people jump to conclusions over the clutches and thinking we all got factory defects with the bracelet.
I like seeing Mindy as your avatar. It makes me expect some kind of joke though every time you post. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like seeing Mindy as your avatar. It makes me expect some kind of joke though every time you post. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Haha thanks! I wish I could deliver, but she is much funnier than I am! I decided to retire my Elijah Wood icon and thought "Hmm... Who's my favorite person right now?" The expression on her face also expresses how I feel most of the time, so it's a good fit!

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is a great quote by Bill Gates:

and Jeffery Gitomer:

Quote:

So, my point is, I respectfully disagree that a company should not reward loyalty. Perhaps they should at some point, maybe by offering points for purchases or for doing surveys like other companies do for extra perks.  That way extra items included in a box would be somehow earned, not random. Just an idea that might make for more happy customers that keep subscribing and telling their friends, who might end up becoming more customers for them.
But they do reward their customers who tell their friends and end up sub-ing, you get free boxes through referrals.  To me that is kind of like a loyalty program/rewards program.

I have to agree that it is far fetched that PS hand selected the ppl who got clutches because they are bloggers or people who are active on forums etc. about them. I think it would be too time consuming for them to match up their subscriber information to who the people actually are not to mention if they did it would be well creepy...

Latest posts

Back