(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off -topic. I have several cards for free redbook magazine subscription left from my l'oreal/redbook houseparty. If somebody's would be interested, I can fill your info - PM me. I just hate to waste them - the sub is supposed to start in August and the cards expire June 1.

Originally Posted by JuliaS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats to all the lucky ladies who won the clutch!
I agree, such luck! hope you guys enjoy them and may be post a picture of how you style them? As far as the speculation regarding the winners of the clutch - I am happy to see who actually won them as opposed to FabFitFun gift winners, which they said they do not disclose and we only heard of only one winner of IPad mini.

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to agree that it is far fetched that PS hand selected the ppl who got clutches because they are bloggers or people who are active on forums etc. about them. I think it would be too time consuming for them to match up their subscriber information to who the people actually are not to mention if they did it would be well creepy...
i agree, I just do not think it makes sense.  Also, we have a lot of people on this forum and many more who are not members of MUT but check out our threads regularly.  I once heard an estimate that PS has about 10,000 subscribers.  I think given we easily account for at least a third of their subscriptions, which makes our clutch ratio on target.  I actually guessed we would come in at the numbers we got. (That said, I have also taught statistics, so I am nerdy enough to think of stuff like that.)

Loved my box, put my black hat on the trade list though because I already have one, but the graphite might be cool.  I was really pleased with what PS gave us this month :)

I finally got my box today and my Pacifica Lip Tint is missing! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've never had anything not come in my box before. Does anyone know how PopSugar usually handles these things? I emailed them.

Originally Posted by CLovee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally got my box today and my Pacifica Lip Tint is missing! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've never had anything not come in my box before. Does anyone know how PopSugar usually handles these things? I emailed them.
I just e-mailed you!!  They'll send you a new one.  Probably along with some other goodies. It seems like people always get more than just what they were missing.

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i agree, I just do not think it makes sense.  Also, we have a lot of people on this forum and many more who are not members of MUT but check out our threads regularly.  I once heard an estimate that PS has about 10,000 subscribers.  I think given we easily account for at least a third of their subscriptions, which makes our clutch ratio on target.  I actually guessed we would come in at the numbers we got. (That said, I have also taught statistics, so I am nerdy enough to think of stuff like that.)

Loved my box, put my black hat on the trade list though because I already have one, but the graphite might be cool.  I was really pleased with what PS gave us this month :)
I bet it's more than that.  I think the subscriptions are numbered.  When I signed up like last June for the July bag, I was #50 something.  My SIL just got a subscription and she's #73000 something.

I bet it's more than that.  I think the subscriptions are numbered.  When I signed up like last June for the July bag, I was #50 something.  My SIL just got a subscription and she's #73000 something.
I wish I knew where I saw that estimate of 10,000, I doubt we will ever know for sure. 73,000 sounds really high, but who knows?

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish I knew where I saw that estimate of 10,000, I doubt we will ever know for sure. 73,000 sounds really high, but who knows?
Well, I don't think there are 70,000 current you know?  I bet that includes the one time boxes, etc.  And people cancel, so who knows.  I do know at the beginning the subscription number was what # subscriber you were.

Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just e-mailed you!!  They'll send you a new one.  Probably along with some other goodies. It seems like people always get more than just what they were missing.
That is super nice, that makes up for it and then some!

I can't believe I'm STILL waiting for my box. I don't live out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm not sure why it's taking this long. It's pretty irritating, but I'm not sure if e-mailing Popsugar my complaint would even matter.

My box just arrived this evening. I am really happy as I got the black hat, and I will enjoy everything in the box. SO glad to see PS making such a good box this month.

How did it work better?

I cleaned my regular makeup brush with the beauty blender cleanser last night and it worked SO well! I usually wash it with baby shampoo but this stuff worked so much better. I haven't tried the beauty blender out, but I did just watch a video about how to use it. I think I might still use my Tarte brush, but clean it up at the end with the beauty blender. It seems like it would take forever if I tried to do my whole face with the little sponge!

How did it work better?
It just seemed to get it much cleaner. With the baby shampoo there was always more residue left behind. I just assumed that was as clean as it could get!

Hi Ladies. 

sooo... I got the black hat - i love it and think it's adorable. 

My issue is this:  My massive gourd is about the size of a large watermelon.  

:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw someone had posted a message about cutting the hat and inserting a scarf to give it more stretch.  LOVE THAT IDEA...

My question is this:  I'm special needs when it comes to arts and crafts.  I need pictures or a visual aid of some sort.  LOL   Can someone who's successfully completed that task load a picture or video of the process?  or the finished result?  

thanks much!  <3

i got my second box and I am so happy I got the box with all the variations. The gray hat, sweet potato chips and fig lip stuff. I've been using the pacifica lip stuff lately and my lips dried out like crazy so the fig is going to be a gift. I'm happy I ended up with the two variants even though neither had a a clutch :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Did the people with the two tracking #s end up getting 2 boxes or was it just a glitch?

Latest posts

Back