(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm super excited about this box! Although I've loved almost everything popsugar has sent so far!

It sounds like maybe hostess items? Kick off your summer with a party?
Possibly! Hopefully items that can be used anytime though... I don't host many parties! But maybe this would be incentive to host more. =)

Popsugarbeauty on Instagram had a photo of Bobbi Brown summer collection bronze and pinks 4 days ago... Picture perfect? Looks like glosses, other face products and a nail polish... *edit* now that i look at their other pics I see they have several summer collections listed... Could be anything I guess! Lol

I'm a sucker that cancelled and re-subscribed. Maybe picture perfect means a camera? I hope no bronzers or self tanners, I'm an NC15 and I can't tan, don't want a fake tan either. A wide brimmed summer hat would be great! Sharing laughs...maybe a pair of movie tickets to a comedy?  Maybe May will be incredible to make up for lackluster past months.

Originally Posted by MissKellyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just posted on twitter.... May's POPSUGAR Must Have box contains everything you need to kick off your Summer with a party! Our expert editors curated a box to keep you laughing with friends, looking picture perfect, and ready to hit the beach as the temperatures heat up. There's still time to join in time to get the May box — order POPSUGAR Must Have now to join in the fun or just check out more details!

Any ideas on what it all could be?
My guesses are:

• Non-breakable/plastic margarita or cocktail glasses/cups, or one of the corkcicle things or popsicle making tray/kit or margarita mixes/salts (Summer party)
  • Some goofy cocktail straws or swizzle sticks for cups (laughing with friends) or photo props like you see in the photobooths (like bowties, mustaches and big lips, etc.)
  • Lip balm, anti-shine cosmetics or bronzer (looking picture perfect)
  • Flip flops/floppy sun hat and sunscreen or totebag (hit the beach as temps heat up)
  • Lemonade mix or margarita...because there is always a food item.  

For the laughing with friends I am going out on a limb and guessing movie tickets to see The Heat (the Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy comedy opening in June I think). Seems like a movie you'd see with your girlfriends.

Originally Posted by alliekers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For the laughing with friends I am going out on a limb and guessing movie tickets to see The Heat (the Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy comedy opening in June I think). Seems like a movie you'd see with your girlfriends.
Oooh I would LOVE that.

Thinking about this from a box office perspective, I would be shocked if they sent out passes to this one. The studio moved the release date to summer blockbuster season because it was testing really, *really* well. They have no need to promote it through a subscription box. I would look at the release calendar for something a little more under-the-radar and releasing in May rather than the end of June. If I had to guess, I would say that _He's Way More Famous Than You_ (directed by Michael Urie, aka that witchy guy from _Ugly Betty_) is the most likely one coming out in the next few weeks.

I think I would prefer a good book over a movie ticket for the summer... because I can always use an excuse to read by the pool/ocean... so an excuse to go to the beach...  
icon_lol.gif

Edit: But EITHER would be awesome! haha 

I'm hoping for a book and movie tickets like the February box, thinking Great Gatsby with tickets, that would be great.  This box is certainly make it or break it for me. I've been subscribed since March and it's been nothing but a let down.

I hope there's something related to the Great Gatsby - maybe the soundtrack (I can dream right? lol). I've been seeing stuff for that movie everywhere lately, I wouldn't be surprised if something ended up in one of my sub boxes. Having something Great Gatsby 20s style (fashion or beauty) could fit "looking picture perfect".

I think I'm re-subbing tomorrow.

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope there's something related to the Great Gatsby - maybe the soundtrack (I can dream right? lol). I've been seeing stuff for that movie everywhere lately, I wouldn't be surprised if something ended up in one of my sub boxes. Having something Great Gatsby 20s style (fashion or beauty) could fit "looking picture perfect".

I think I'm re-subbing tomorrow.
I would be surprised if they did Great Gatsby since it has been pretty well publicized as a theme for Julep's May box. 

Originally Posted by vlungu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would be surprised if they did Great Gatsby since it has been pretty well publicized as a theme for Julep's May box. 
Well... _Gatsby_ isn't officially the Julep theme.  It's the Roaring Twenties.  Glamour Doll Eyes is releasing a set of powders based on a book set in the same era (completely different topic, though) on the 15th.  It seems to be a very popular theme right now regardless of whether it's an official tie-in or not, so I wouldn't really be overly surprised if something related showed up, but I would be surprised if the book/movie ticket/soundtrack itself was included for the aforementioned marketing reasons.  PopSugar just doesn't seem to send out things that we expect.  I don't remember anyone ever correctly guessing one of the items that they ended up sending, so I sometimes feel like the mere fact that we guess something will mean we won't see it in the boxes.

Also, PopSugar boxes seem to be focused on raising awareness of brands, and _Gatsby_ isn't exactly an unknown quantity.  For "looking picture perfect," maybe another palette like the Benefit palette they sent out in September (maybe theBalm since they really need to redeem themselves to the makeup buying community after the website redesign debacle, plus sending out a palette in this box might help expose them to people who aren't aware of that whole fiasco)?  Powder?  That clue just seems to indicate something makeup-oriented to me.

I would LOVE something Gatsby! Although, so does anything mentioned! lol This box sounds likes its gonna be great! =D

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, PopSugar boxes seem to be focused on raising awareness of brands, and _Gatsby_ isn't exactly an unknown quantity.  For "looking picture perfect," maybe another palette like the Benefit palette they sent out in September (maybe theBalm since they really need to redeem themselves to the makeup buying community after the website redesign debacle, plus sending out a palette in this box might help expose them to people who aren't aware of that whole fiasco)?  Powder?  That clue just seems to indicate something makeup-oriented to me.
I'm intrigued: what was the "website redesign debacle?" I ordered from them during their 50% off sale and nothing seemed amiss.

Well... _Gatsby_ isn't officially the Julep theme.  It's the Roaring Twenties.  Glamour Doll Eyes is releasing a set of powders based on a book set in the same era (completely different topic, though) on the 15th.  It seems to be a very popular theme right now regardless of whether it's an official tie-in or not, so I wouldn't really be overly surprised if something related showed up, but I would be surprised if the book/movie ticket/soundtrack itself was included for the aforementioned marketing reasons.  PopSugar just doesn't seem to send out things that we expect.  I don't remember anyone ever correctly guessing one of the items that they ended up sending, so I sometimes feel like the mere fact that we guess something will mean we won't see it in the boxes. Also, PopSugar boxes seem to be focused on raising awareness of brands, and _Gatsby_ isn't exactly an unknown quantity.  For "looking picture perfect," maybe another palette like the Benefit palette they sent out in September (maybe theBalm since they really need to redeem themselves to the makeup buying community after the website redesign debacle, plus sending out a palette in this box might help expose them to people who aren't aware of that whole fiasco)?  Powder?  That clue just seems to indicate something makeup-oriented to me.
True about the brand awareness. The only thing I want from thebalm is an eyeshadow palette, mascara, or lip product. I don't wear bronzer or tanning stuff because I don't need it so I hope it's not that.
I'm intrigued: what was the "website redesign debacle?" I ordered from them during their 50% off sale and nothing seemed amiss.
Well the sale was supposed to start April 1st but the site had so many glitches from the traffic to their site that they had to take the site back down and no one knew when it would be back up which made some people angry. It came back up around the 8th (I think), but by then I lost interest in buying anything lol.

Latest posts

Back