(Spoilers) POPSUGAR Must Have May 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by elbowglitter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually hope there isn't bronzer or sunless tanner.  I'm such a pale, pale girl that both of those are wasted on me.
Yep, I hate tanning products. I'm so pale that it's near impossible to get me "golden," so it's kind of worthless.

I can also imagine this being useless for people with darker skin. I guess not everything appeals to all subscribers but it seems like a bad idea to send something out that people won't be able to use based on factors out of their control (natural skin color).

Originally Posted by DorotaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It better not! I decided that if May doesn't wow me I'm going to cancel and add a second birchbox sub
Yeah, May is my do or die month too.  I like this box but do not love it- I've been subbed since Jan and the only box I loved was Feb.  I initially hated Jan but have actually found good use for the yoga ball so can't really complain anymore about that month as I got a good value (I also loved the epicuren lip balm and hot cocoa they sent that month).  March was totally forgettable to me though I think I remember liking it at the time.  I literally can't remember a single item that was in it. Oh wait, the laundress detergent, which I used last night and actually do like and that amazeballs mascara.  So I guess in a way March was a hit but I could have just gotten that stuff on my own.

April really was the worst month for me.  I think it needed another item to round it out as has been discussed ad nauseum in the April thread.  I did/do like the kai but nothing in there was something I'd ever have picked for myself.

So basically- May is their last chance month for me.  I'll have given them almost half a year at that point. While I've liked the boxes, I subbed because the boxes from last year WOWED me, and of all of the ones I've gotten, only Feb. has come close to doing that.  So... if I'm not wowed... I am going to get a cat and suck up the $30/month pet fee my building will make me pay.  I've been trying to justify the fee (you also have to pay if the pet does damage so it is like come ON- they say it is rent for the pet but I could have my bf move in for $0 a month so it is weird to me) but if I just drop PS I can be like well, it's less than what I was paying for my PS box anyway.

Originally Posted by elbowglitter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually hope there isn't bronzer or sunless tanner.  I'm such a pale, pale girl that both of those are wasted on me.
Oh gosh me either! I have very fair skin, and I embrace it lol I don't tan at all, I don't even attempt to do any spray tans or anything like that. I end up looking orange, and it makes my skin oily, no matter if it's "oil free." Just not worth it.

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here!
Originally Posted by Jo Cres 
winning the clutch would be fun! it's my birthday in may! I bet we can all figure out who won them by the weight of the boxes!! there is nothing you ladies can't figure out!!!
yay taurus!! lets hope this bag has a fun beach bag in it maybe?
flowers.gif

Oh gosh me either! I have very fair skin, and I embrace it lol I don't tan at all, I don't even attempt to do any spray tans or anything like that. I end up looking orange, and it makes my skin oily, no matter if it's "oil free." Just not worth it.
I'm another person who wouldn't want the faux tan stuff. I'm proud to be be pale. I tan pretty easily so it's took some work to be this pale. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm mega pale and I gave up those tanning sprays a long time ago. It was always a disaster! I did however use Jergens Natural Glow this year for a wedding a few weeks ago. It was a little streaky, but better than nothing!

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm mega pale and I gave up those tanning sprays a long time ago. It was always a disaster! I did however use Jergens Natural Glow this year for a wedding a few weeks ago. It was a little streaky, but better than nothing!
Funny thing, this is actually the only self-tanner that didn't make me look orange, and I managed to fix the streaks over time with daily use.

I really embrace my pasty complexion, but during the summer months when everyone is sporting sun-kissed skin this is probably my only way of warding off those nosy relatives that keep asking why I never go outside (which isn't true, SPF 80 kktx!).

Wow, it's so nice to know I'm not alone in my pasty complexion! LOL Like all of you have said, the self tanners just look weird on me. I did find one ages ago that I tried on my face and it wasn't bad but then you have to reapply every few days and I just have no time for that.

To those who canceled and resubbed with a code, which one did you use? I know some of them will say they are only for new customers but if you canceled then you aren't a current customer, right? :)

I have high hopes for the May box (also my birthday month, yay!). While I usually end up enjoying the products once I receive them, I miss the feeling of being 'wowed' from a PS box from the get-go. 

Wow, it's so nice to know I'm not alone in my pasty complexion! LOL Like all of you have said, the self tanners just look weird on me. I did find one ages ago that I tried on my face and it wasn't bad but then you have to reapply every few days and I just have no time for that. To those who canceled and resubbed with a code, which one did you use? I know some of them will say they are only for new customers but if you canceled then you aren't a current customer, right? :)
i got the 3 month subscription and used the code take10

Originally Posted by nancy771 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got the 3 month subscription and used the code take10
I cancelled in March, and the code doesn't work for me. I wonder if it's because I ordered the Summer fun box...it shows that I have an active account on that line, but all of the other subscriptions say closed. Hmmm...I was thinking of re-subbing. Maybe this is a sign that I shouldn't, lol.

Wow, it's so nice to know I'm not alone in my pasty complexion! LOL Like all of you have said, the self tanners just look weird on me. I did find one ages ago that I tried on my face and it wasn't bad but then you have to reapply every few days and I just have no time for that. To those who canceled and resubbed with a code, which one did you use? I know some of them will say they are only for new customers but if you canceled then you aren't a current customer, right? :)
I canceled my month to month then used TAKE25 - it was $25 off 6 months. I am in CA, so with tax it ended up being $178.20. Hopefully the next 6 months are awesome...

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have high hopes for the May box (also my birthday month, yay!). While I usually end up enjoying the products once I receive them, I miss the feeling of being 'wowed' from a PS box from the get-go. 
Yes!  I think that is it exactly.  The PS box was so good at it, and I miss that feeling too.

We have a lot of May birthdays on here! (Mine too, and yes, I'm hoping for some good treats from my sub boxes!)

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes!  I think that is it exactly.  The PS box was so good at it, and I miss that feeling too.
May is my birthday month and I so want to be wowed. I canceled after the march box, but I have a feeling this one will be better. At least I hope so.

Maybe next Saturday or Monday we will have some spoilers! A week and a couple days ladies!

Originally Posted by nancy771 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe next Saturday or Monday we will have some spoilers! A week and a couple days ladies!
Yeah I think I'll wait for spoilers before ordering a May box. This month spoilers were out before they sold out of boxes.

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I think I'll wait for spoilers before ordering a May box. This month spoilers were out before they sold out of boxes.
That is not *super* usual just so you know. At least it didn't used to be. However, I don't think April was a  big hit so they may have had even more cancellations and this may repeat itself.

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. Honestly, now I have more of a feeling of dread each month when I'm looking for ps spoilers rather than excitement. I keep hanging on but I'm not excited about it anymore, it's more of a 'what if' feeling that keeps me going. Good thing I don't like gambling ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back