SPOILERS: The August Birchboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a BB subscriber, but I come back to these threads each month hoping I see something that makes me want to join (I REALLY want to like BB).....is anyone else just constantly underwhelmed? I swear I've already seen them send out half these products in previous boxes and I think it's kinda crappy how they always vary in value so drastically (or some boxes are all the leftovers while some get the hot ticket items). Don't get me wrong, there are usually a couple products I wouldn't mind having, but the odds of me getting the one or two boxes I like are slim to none. I just lurk the BB trade thread and swap for the items I really want... it seems like tons of people nowadays put whole boxes up for trade out of disappointment. 
No, this month seems underwhelming...you're not alone.  I'm not gonna witch about anything I get--I will give it a fair trial, but nothing super exciting.  and I agree with whoever said "what does this box have to do with back to school?"

I am not going to rule anything out. Last month I ruled out boxes based on what I received in the past and I got the Jouer Lip Gloss(a different color) again. Evidently, it isn't a repeat unless it is the same color as well. I had to email them to get my points because the survey said that I already had completed it. In my head I was screaming (Well, duh, I already received this sample!) lol But, they did credit my acct. 10points.

Originally Posted by MrsYaYaMom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not going to rule anything out. Last month I ruled out boxes based on what I received in the past and I got the Jouer Lip Gloss(a different color) again. Evidently, it isn't a repeat unless it is the same color as well. I had to email them to get my points because the survey said that I already had completed it. In my head I was screaming (Well, duh, I already received this sample!) lol But, they did credit my acct. 10points.
Yea, me neither, I just don't understand why so many repeats of (for the most part) unpopular products.

My first response on seeing these pictures, was "Holy hell, these are all terrible".

I went back and looked a little longer through the pictures, though, and I can say there IS a few that I wouldn't mind getting. I'm unsure about what some of the products are, but they look interesting enough to be given a fair shake.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really better get a miss jessie's product this month or I'm going to go nuts. I never get the curly hair products and its stupid because I have super curly hair and birchbox knows.
Here is what I got from Miss Jessie's Online, they are nice size samples. I think they are the EXACT same ones in the previews above. And they are free... and you get a bag haha! 

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, this month seems underwhelming...you're not alone.  I'm not gonna witch about anything I get--I will give it a fair trial, but nothing super exciting.  and I agree with whoever said "what does this box have to do with back to school?"
Other than a pen/pencil or a notebook, what would go with a back to school theme?  I think it was just a way of linking to Pencils of Promise, but not so much a theme.

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Other than a pen/pencil or a notebook, what would go with a back to school theme?  I think it was just a way of linking to Pencils of Promise, but not so much a theme.
They also said the theme was Beauty School so I was thinking they might give out a tool such as an eye shadow or powder brush. I really don't see how any of these samples have to do with Back to School or Beauty School, but oh well.

I think the theme "Back to School" is more about getting back to basics which is what all the products are this month - basic items most women use on a daily basis. Other than that the products don't fit the theme.

Pixi product in photo looks like a lip stain!  Looked it up on their website. 
Someone on Instagram got box 3, it seems to be dual ended.

Originally Posted by Melissalynne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is what I got from Miss Jessie's Online, they are nice size samples. I think they are the EXACT same ones in the previews above. And they are free... and you get a bag haha! 
Awesome! I ordered the Pillow Soft Curls and Curly Buttercream from them yesterday, those are good looking samples! Now I just need to get my Boyfriend's credit card so I can order 2 more samples under his name, haha
biggrin.gif

Pixi product in photo looks like a lip stain!  Looked it up on their website. 
It's the Pixi Lip & Line.  Lipstick on one end and liner on the other. 

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awesome! I ordered the Pillow Soft Curls and Curly Buttercream from them yesterday, those are good looking samples! Now I just need to get my Boyfriend's credit card so I can order 2 more samples under his name, haha
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I think they track it by your shipping address though because I tried using my boyfriends and stuff and it came up at checkout that "Order not placed. You can only receive one order of free samples". I was sooooo disappointed! 
bawling.gif
 haha I guess thats what I get for trying to cheat the system!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif
You actually don't even have to enter a real cc number, lol, I got mine using all 1s. 

I still have not got my shipping e-mail and when I log on to birchbox it says my tracking number but it isn't tracking yet. Hopefully this means I'm getting a good box, I've always gotten at the end of the month and gotten pretty fantastic boxes (June I got the stila and July I got the eyeko eyeliner). All of these boxes seem pretty equal, there isn't a lot of make-up this month though which is kinda disappointing. I wouldn't mind getting the eyeliner, face wash, or any of the shampoos. Doubt I will get anything for curly hair sense my hair is stick straight, but with bb you never know. I doubt they look at the profiles. lol 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You actually don't even have to enter a real cc number, lol, I got mine using all 1s. 
Yep, I entered all 0's.  You'll need to ship it to his name, and a different address.

Most of these are definitely underwhelming. Glad I am only getting 2 boxes instead of 3 this month.

Back