SPOILERS: The August Birchboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that since we have seen so many people get the box with the tanning samples in it, that means those of use who have yet to receive ours will get some good stuff.... I'm wondering if they are going by the profiles and everyone with light skin is getting the tanning stuff because we are pale?? That would really blow! 

Originally Posted by imakraziebubble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope that since we have seen so many people get the box with the tanning samples in it, that means those of use who have yet to receive ours will get some good stuff.... I'm wondering if they are going by the profiles and everyone with light skin is getting the tanning stuff because we are pale?? That would really blow! 
I've seen at least one person in the other Birchbox forum who received the tanning samples today, so they're still out there on their way to people. My box is being delivered today, and I'm basically dreading receiving one of those boxes. 

I really don't want that box not only because of the tanning crap, but also because of those q-tips! Seriously?! Dip a regular q-tip in some water or eye makeup remover and it's the same damn thing.

Originally Posted by imakraziebubble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That would *really* blow. I saw someone tell us pale legs to be open minded about the tanning products, but I have milky white skin with red (henna) hair and a tan is something I try to avoid by slathering on 50 sunblock anytime I leave the house. Even so, my arms have lost their shell-pink luster and are now a shade of slightly over-baked sugar cookie.

I'm on the waiting list for now, but if I ever get self-tanning stuff in my box, I don't know who I am going to give it to. All of my friends and family are either purposefully pale, or the sort of people who would never bother with cosmetics. That also makes me wonder how on trend self tanning is these days.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen at least one person in the other Birchbox forum who received the tanning samples today, so they're still out there on their way to people. My box is being delivered today, and I'm basically dreading receiving one of those boxes. 

I really don't want that box not only because of the tanning crap, but also because of those q-tips! Seriously?! Dip a regular q-tip in some water or eye makeup remover and it's the same damn thing.
I feel the same exact way. Esp about the q-tips. i can but a box of q-tips for less than a buck and dip it myself.. what a waste.. Oh and i saw a girl who posted that  2 of her 3 q-tips wasn't even packaged well and was dried up by the time she received it. How lame is that! 

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That would *really* blow. I saw someone tell us pale legs to be open minded about the tanning products, but I have milky white skin with red (henna) hair and a tan is something I try to avoid by slathering on 50 sunblock anytime I leave the house. Even so, my arms have lost their shell-pink luster and are now a shade of slightly over-baked sugar cookie.

I'm on the waiting list for now, but if I ever get self-tanning stuff in my box, I don't know who I am going to give it to. All of my friends and family are either purposefully pale, or the sort of people who would never bother with cosmetics. That also makes me wonder how on trend self tanning is these days.
Its crazy because i know so many naturally dark skinned people who want to be light skinned and vice versa. I am one who loves being pale. I  fell natural paleness is considered a "classic" beauty. NO offense to anyone with color. I just don't understand why people want to change what god gave them. Skin is skin. I get makeup but changing your natural tones confuses me.. I always wear sunblock if I'm out in the sun. When i was younger i did the tanning bed thing and it was honestly the dumbest thing i ever did. My shin is still good but its not as soft as it was before that. 

I also don't understand why they keep sending me tanning/bronzing related products, I feel they look funny on me and I just don't like them, I'd rather be pale! Plus there are so many self-tanners that don't work or make you look worse than when you started, so I'm nervous to even give these to anyone incase it ends badly for them! It's a waste!

Thank you ladies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i was really thinking this month would have been a dead box for me i giess when you expect less you get more! Cant wait to see what you get:)

all I see is packets. and more packets. and knowing my luck, my box will be full of packets. both of them. ohwell, at least I need a new razor.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I swear I've already seen them send out half these products in previous boxes and I think it's kinda crappy how they always vary in value so drastically (or some boxes are all the leftovers while some get the hot ticket items). Don't get me wrong, there are usually a couple products I wouldn't mind having, but the odds of me getting the one or two boxes I like are slim to none. 
Yes, I totally agree. I think it is ridiculous to send out boxes with such a huge variety in the number of samples, the size of the samples, the value of the samples, and how recent the samples were released to BB. Everyone pays the same amount for the same service, they should try to even out the boxes.

I said this in the main BB thread and everyone was like, "Oh, it's not about the value, sometimes the full sized, hot, and new items don't work well for you, yadda yadda" ... I'm sorry, but 90% of subscribers seem to agree on what is a "good" box and what is a punishment one.

Mine is coming tomorrow and I am praying it doesn't have tanning wipes or Miss Jessies stuff in it. Don't use tanning wipes. Ever. Just got 3 samples from Miss Jessies for free and I don't have curly hair.

I got my box today and it is the exact box....I am thinking it is box number 3 according to the photos......I also was very tickled with it.....I wonder if we will get the same box next time as well.....

Shelly

Originally Posted by Shellymae1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box today and it is the exact box....I am thinking it is box number 3 according to the photos......I also was very tickled with it.....I wonder if we will get the same box next time as well.....

Shelly
What was your weight in the tracking for your box?? I've noticed even the same boxed tend to have slightly or way different weights associated with them....

weight .6710
I received box #7.  It has already been said about this month being leftovers.  I am really disappointed with my box, again.  I don't want to be bummed out with this service.  I really want to enjoy every sample, every month but it has not been the case expect for one month. 

I am cancelling after I can get my points in two days.  Sample Society, here I come.......
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by MsChrissyG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

weight .6710
I received box #7.  It has already been said about this month being leftovers.  I am really disappointed with my box, again.  I don't want to be bummed out with this service.  I really want to enjoy every sample, every month but it has not been the case expect for one month. 

I am cancelling after I can get my points in two days.  Sample Society, here I come.......
icon_lol.gif
UGH MINE IS 6750.. i'm probably getting box 7 also. 
esel_tripmotz.gif

I'm getting a little peeved that my shipping info is going nowhere. The spoilers and trying to guess by

weight were half the fun. This month looks pretty bad--I don't think foil packs count as deluxe.. They

should send more if they are sending packets. Seems like the August boxes are like August magazines...

I think I'll cancel after this, unless I get something good. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

August 2012 Box 1
August 2012 Box 2
August 2012 Box 3 box 4 image missing? August 2012 Box 4
August 2012 Box 5
August 2012 Box 6
August 2012 Box 7
August 2012 Box 8
August 2012 Box 9
August 2012 Box 10
August 2012 Box 11
August 2012 Box 12
August 2012 Box 13
August 2012 Box 14
August 2012 Box 15
August 2012 Box 16
August 2012 Box 17
August 2012 Box 18
August 2012 Box 19
August 2012 Box 20
August 2012 Box 21
August 2012 Box 22
August 2012 Box 23
August 2012 Box 24
August 2012 Box 25
August 2012 Box 26
August 2012 Box 27
August 2012 Box 28
August 2012 Box 29
August 2012 Box 30
August 2012 Box 31 https://www.birchbox.com/shop/august2012-box
I just cringe looking at some of those sad assortments.

Back