SPOILERS: The August Birchboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which boxes look the lightest? Mine is supposed to weigh .4 something.
All except 3, 10, 17, 19, and 24?

Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The tanning wipes are still out there.  I got my box today, and that was the box I got.  I'm beyond disappointed.

My box's weight was .6380.
If they don't care what we like, why do they do the profiles? What is the point? They are sending things 

out willy nilly and wonder why we don't buy that month's full size...

FYI, box 18 does NOT come with Stila in a tube.  It is a crappy card with 3 totally different shades on the back in a tiny blister pack.  Only one shade will be useable for me.  It does come with a razor, though.  Not a horrible box, but has been my worst box thus far.  I am an avid Birchbox supporter, but I REALLY hope they NEVER have another month like this one.

Originally Posted by imakraziebubble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its crazy because i know so many naturally dark skinned people who want to be light skinned and vice versa. I am one who loves being pale. I  fell natural paleness is considered a "classic" beauty. NO offense to anyone with color. I just don't understand why people want to change what god gave them. Skin is skin. I get makeup but changing your natural tones confuses me.. I always wear sunblock if I'm out in the sun. When i was younger i did the tanning bed thing and it was honestly the dumbest thing i ever did. My shin is still good but its not as soft as it was before that. 
Maybe people feel pressure to "change what God gave them" because often the overwhelming message is that paleness does equal 'classic beauty' and anything else is considered not as beautiful.

FYI, box 18 does NOT come with Stila in a tube.  It is a crappy card with 3 totally different shades on the back in a tiny blister pack.  Only one shade will be useable for me.  It does come with a razor, though.  Not a horrible box, but has been my worst box thus far.  I am an avid Birchbox supporter, but I REALLY hope they NEVER have another month like this one.
I wonder if the cards are an accident since the tube is shown in the picture. That happened in the men's boxes a few months ago with kerastase shampoo. The pictures showed a bottle and foils were sent out. They ended up then sending the bottles after the fact. Let's hope, right?

Originally Posted by Emr410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if the cards are an accident since the tube is shown in the picture. That happened in the men's boxes a few months ago with kerastase shampoo. The pictures showed a bottle and foils were sent out. They ended up then sending the bottles after the fact.

Let's hope, right?
Hmm. That would be a nice surprise, but I don't think so. Though with BB... who knows!

I have to be really selective of when I try it. There's one application left. Meanwhile I'm STILL getting product from that tiny jouer sample I got months ago!

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm. That would be a nice surprise, but I don't think so. Though with BB... who knows!

I have to be really selective of when I try it. There's one application left. Meanwhile I'm STILL getting product from that tiny jouer sample I got months ago!
If you want to buy the Jouer product, there's a 20% promo code battleofcoasts right now. : )

Originally Posted by CindyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi. I'm new to MakeupTalk and Birchbox. This will be my first "real" box. I missed out on the Glamour box and received a "welcome" box instead. Just curious, where do you find the photos of the boxes?
Thanks Lisa N. for the info. I should have been more clear about my question. I meant what's the original source of the pics. Are they somewhere on the Birchbox website? Thanks so much for posting them here, by the way! Nervously awaiting my box. I'm not sure I'm cut out for what seems to be such a gamble. There seems to be such a disparity between the quality of the boxes!

Thanks Lisa N. for the info. I should have been more clear about my question. I meant what's the original source of the pics. Are they somewhere on the Birchbox website? Thanks so much for posting them here, by the way! Nervously awaiting my box. I'm not sure I'm cut out for what seems to be such a gamble. There seems to be such a disparity between the quality of the boxes!
Lol, I thought well maybe she hit last post and missed the first page. You used to be able to link the box pics back to the BB website, but they caught on to our peeking and changed it this month. I have no idea where Zadi got the pictures this month. BB is a crapshoot, but if you take it for what it is, a way to try out new products, at a small investment, that can be hit or miss, you'll be ok.

Originally Posted by Emr410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if the cards are an accident since the tube is shown in the picture. That happened in the men's boxes a few months ago with kerastase shampoo. The pictures showed a bottle and foils were sent out. They ended up then sending the bottles after the fact.

Let's hope, right?
Thanks!  I did not know that.  I sure hope so.  I think I will send them an email just in case!
icon_wink.gif

For anyone who gets the caldrea hand soap and loves it: they also make laundry detergent! I used to use their sweet pea detergent exclusivly on my bed sheets! Made them smell amazing!

Just received the first of my two boxes, and with my expectations being sooo low this month after seeing all the boxes that looked less than exciting, I have to say I am quite happy with what I got.  Looks like it's box 13:

• stila forever your curl mascara love
  • Shu Uemura Essence Absolue nourishing protective leave-in oil for dry hairalways good
  • Talika lash conditioning make-up remover, 2 packs of 3ml - super for weekend travel

and then the two items everyone received:

• Viva la Juicy La Fleur fragrancenice, and comes in a spray rather than those awful plain vials
  • Schick Hydro Silk razor, with added coupons for $4 off refill blades and $0.55 Skintimate shave gel - not too exciting but certainly money-saving on a staple item

So, overall I am quite happy. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want to buy the Jouer product, there's a 20% promo code battleofcoasts right now. : )
I want to kiss you on the mouth. I was contemplating buying it. This cinches it! THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by NaturalGeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received the first of my two boxes, and with my expectations being sooo low this month after seeing all the boxes that looked less than exciting, I have to say I am quite happy with what I got.  Looks like it's box 13:

• stila forever your curl mascara love
  • Shu Uemura Essence Absolue nourishing protective leave-in oil for dry hairalways good
  • Talika lash conditioning make-up remover, 2 packs of 3ml - super for weekend travel

and then the two items everyone received:

• Viva la Juicy La Fleur fragrancenice, and comes in a spray rather than those awful plain vials
  • Schick Hydro Silk razor, with added coupons for $4 off refill blades and $0.55 Skintimate shave gel - not too exciting but certainly money-saving on a staple item

So, overall I am quite happy. 
smile.gif
I got box 13 as well and I like it!  It's a nice mixture of products, plus some things I've never tried.

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For anyone who gets the caldrea hand soap and loves it: they also make laundry detergent! I used to use their sweet pea detergent exclusivly on my bed sheets! Made them smell amazing!
Caldrea is my current obsession. I've bought the dish soap, the laundry soap, the fabric spray, and

the hand lotion. Love them all. I've gotten myself hooked on "green" laundry and cleaning supplies

thanks to Caldrea. Grabgreen is another great brand.

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to kiss you on the mouth. I was contemplating buying it. This cinches it! THANK YOU!

thumbsup2.gif

Happy to help!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen at least one person in the other Birchbox forum who received the tanning samples today, so they're still out there on their way to people. My box is being delivered today, and I'm basically dreading receiving one of those boxes. 

I really don't want that box not only because of the tanning crap, but also because of those q-tips! Seriously?! Dip a regular q-tip in some water or eye makeup remover and it's the same damn thing.
I'm hoping to get the Beauty Fixation Qtip things.  I saw them at the mall this past weekend, and bought the cuticle conditioners and the lip conditioners.   I sometimes work long shifts (12 - 16 hours).  These are good because I can throw them in my purse or pocket and touch up during the day.  Also great for touchups if I'm going out after work and for traveling instead of carrying around a ton of bulky products.  To each thier own, I guess.

Back