SPOILERS: The August Birchboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, I love them/loved them when I got them, too. I wear them all the time and have managed to create my own personal stockpile. 

I really better get a miss jessie's product this month or I'm going to go nuts. I never get the curly hair products and its stupid because I have super curly hair and birchbox knows.
I want the Miss Jessie products too!!! I got the free samples off the website and LOVE them! If I get those stupid eyeliner stickers I'm going to cancel. And why oh why won't those Showstopper things go away!!!!

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awesome! I ordered the Pillow Soft Curls and Curly Buttercream from them yesterday, those are good looking samples! Now I just need to get my Boyfriend's credit card so I can order 2 more samples under his name, haha
biggrin.gif
I opened the packets and put them in a LUSH container and have gotten about a weeks worth of use out of the Curly Pudding sample. GREAT sizes! The first foil packets I'm not disappointed in.

Quote: Originally Posted by Melissalynne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is what I got from Miss Jessie's Online, they are nice size samples. I think they are the EXACT same ones in the previews above. And they are free... and you get a bag haha! 
Awesome! I ordered the Pillow Soft Curls and Curly Buttercream from them yesterday, those are good looking samples! Now I just need to get my Boyfriend's credit card so I can order 2 more samples under his name, haha
biggrin.gif

Man you ladies missed out! When I ordered my samples from them they were still letting you pick THREE. Lol. I love them too!

My hair is wavy/curly and I air dry so this stuff is amazing.

I opened the packets and put them in a LUSH container and have gotten about a weeks worth of use out of the Curly Pudding sample. GREAT sizes! The first foil packets I'm not disappointed in.
Yes, they were fabulous! They seem to understand that sometimes you need more than one application to see how your hair will respond to a product. And I *loved* the red bag they sent because I am a dork.

I am still on the waitlist and use these threads to drool and live a little vicariously. But I really love it when someone either tells us about something from their box that was exceptional, or posts a company like this that offers samples. I've been able to experience some of the fun by asking directly for the specific things that I want to try, and usually they send a little extra too. In a way, maybe it's even better than a box, since I get to try things that I know I might actually enjoy, or at least be able to use.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am still on the waitlist and use these threads to drool and live a little vicariously. But I really love it when someone either tells us about something from their box that was exceptional, or posts a company like this that offers samples. I've been able to experience some of the fun by asking directly for the specific things that I want to try, and usually they send a little extra too. In a way, maybe it's even better than a box, since I get to try things that I know I might actually enjoy, or at least be able to use.
Ahh, you're a smart cookie!! Nicely done.

Stockpile.
I used them as french manicure guides, they actually functioned quite well, since they were curved unlike tape, and pretty sticky!

#repurposed

Originally Posted by Melissalynne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here is what I got from Miss Jessie's Online, they are nice size samples. I think they are the EXACT same ones in the previews above. And they are free... and you get a bag haha! 
Thank you! I just ordered two free samples of shampoo and conditioner.

I want to say when I originally reported about the samples they were giving away three free samples. I'm going to have to look though my posts but anyone remember that?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to say when I originally reported about the samples they were giving away three free samples. I'm going to have to look though my posts but anyone remember that?
Yup, originally they were giving away 3 at a time, now they are only giving 2.

Well, the razor is worth like $7, which isn't too bad.

Everyone i see on youtube has the same exact box so far.

Honestly I'm not super excited about any of those boxes. They look alright. But I still like their boxes way more than say, glossybox, which to me was the same kind of quality as these are and it was twice as much money.

Yep -they were giving them away as 3 just a couple weeks ago.

I gave the link to a friend this week and noticed it was 2 now.

The change has been in the last week or so, I got three when I ordered quite recently.

Yeah I got my Miss Jessie's about two weeks ago and I got 3 samples. Yesterday I ordered pillow curls and curly pudding under my husbands email and got 2. I love curly pudding but haven't tried pillow curls. I need to try it out before making a decision on which to purchase. I'm very excited about possibly getting miss Jessie's in my bb!!!

Hi. I'm new to MakeupTalk and Birchbox. This will be my first "real" box. I missed out on the Glamour box and received a "welcome" box instead. Just curious, where do you find the photos of the boxes?

Originally Posted by CindyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi. I'm new to MakeupTalk and Birchbox. This will be my first "real" box. I missed out on the Glamour box and received a "welcome" box instead. Just curious, where do you find the photos of the boxes?
On the first page of this thread.

Originally Posted by serendipity720 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still have not got my shipping e-mail and when I log on to birchbox it says my tracking number but it isn't tracking yet. 
Same boat. I even resorted to checking feedback. 

Gr, I have had a tracking # up on the website since Mon. I got my shipping notice with tracking # in the wee morning hours of Wed. but of course they are both useless because there is no info. I guess I will be getting my box before the tracking updates again this month.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You actually don't even have to enter a real cc number, lol, I got mine using all 1s. 
wish i would have seen that before i entered my cc number, 
icon_neutral.gif
 !

Back