SPOILERS: The August Birchboxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I can see what box i am receiving in my BOX on the site.  Guess what box it is.  #7.  Seriously Q-tips and self tanning. These are not deluxe samples. I am beginning to think BB is a rip off. How excited am i?? NOT! I'm livid. This is my fourth box and its horrible like the others. I will give BB one more month and if i get another crappy box I will cancel. Its a waste to receive items i will not use. The only thing I'm thrilled about is the razor. I was excited about the juicy sample but my page isn't sowing i will receive it, so that's a hit or miss. I guess i will find out when i get home today if it comes in the mail. I am soooo disappointed in BB. 

Originally Posted by imakraziebubble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I can see what box i am receiving in my BOX on the site.  Guess what box it is.  #7.  Seriously Q-tips and self tanning. These are not deluxe samples. I am beginning to think BB is a rip off. How excited am i?? NOT! I'm livid. This is my fourth box and its horrible like the others. I will give BB one more month and if i get another crappy box I will cancel. Its a waste to receive items i will not use. The only thing I'm thrilled about is the razor. I was excited about the juicy sample but my page isn't sowing i will receive it, so that's a hit or miss. I guess i will find out when i get home today if it comes in the mail. I am soooo disappointed in BB. 
You'll get the perfume, it's just not up on the site yet.  Do you trade?  There are a lot of people who like the tanning wipes, and I'm one who loves the Beauty Fixation products.  I never get upset about a bad box, because what's bad for me is good for someone else.

I'm getting box 28 27 but it doesn't say what the Pixi thing is. If it is their eyeliner, yuck. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You'll get the perfume, it's just not up on the site yet.  Do you trade?  There are a lot of people who like the tanning wipes, and I'm one who loves the Beauty Fixation products.  I never get upset about a bad box, because what's bad for me is good for someone 
How does the trading go? Do we mail stuff to each other? Where do I go to do so?

Originally Posted by imakraziebubble /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think anything but paleness isn't as beautiful as paleness. I think all skin tones are beautiful. I just like being pale like a "snow white" kind of beauty. I did not mean to offend you, if i did i apologize. Many beautiful girls are medium and dark skinned. My only opinion was that I feel skin tones should not be changed. It becomes an addiction for many and that's when it becomes dangerous. 
I didn't think YOU thought there's a superiority to one skin tone or another - I think I just bristled a little at the way it sounded in general, because that's sort of the message (it is slowly changing, I'll admit) that has prevailed from fashion and western culture, which is historically why a lot of people with darker skin have tried lightening it. Re-reading it, my sarcasm came off a little harsh, and so I apologize too.

I'm getting this box and I am super pleased!  I needed the basic black eye-liner and the rest are items that I'd enjoy trying and the razor will come in handy.  Save me from needing to pick a pack up at the drugstore.

I'm glad they are not sending me repeats, the boobie tape (there's like not enough to tape 
fight.gif
) or the eye rock, they don't work with my eye lids.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif    
August 2012 Box 20    
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

according to my BOX tab, i will be getting the box #6.

Which looks fine to me.  I hope the eyelineer is a colorful one instead of black, only because i already have black atm.  but even if it is, i will use it eventually:).  i have heard wonderful things about the yu-be, so thats nice too.  my pkg wt is .4840

Does anyone know if everyone gets the Juicy perfume for sure? It was not listed in my box but it was shown in the picture. Do you think I'm still getting it?

Originally Posted by drk51284 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't think YOU thought there's a superiority to one skin tone or another - I think I just bristled a little at the way it sounded in general, because that's sort of the message (it is slowly changing, I'll admit) that has prevailed from fashion and western culture, which is historically why a lot of people with darker skin have tried lightening it. Re-reading it, my sarcasm came off a little harsh, and so I apologize too.
NO biggie. That's the thing about writing and texting,  people all ways misconstrue each others points. I tend to be defensive so i read defensively. Its something Ive been working on myself. 
satisfied.gif

Originally Posted by denise89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if everyone gets the Juicy perfume for sure? It was not listed in my box but it was shown in the picture. Do you think I'm still getting it?
It was in the picture for my moms, but not on the BB website to review, so I don't think so. I'm not getting it either.

Originally Posted by denise89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it was shown in the picture I'm pretty sure you'll get it. it's not showing up because the Juicy perfume is not in the shop yet.

Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it was shown in the picture I'm pretty sure you'll get it. it's not showing up because the Juicy perfume is not in the shop yet.
Great, thanks!!

Box 14 for me!!!!!! I am thrilled a eyeshadow and a pretty big sample of Ms. Jessies!!!! I couldn't even care about the rest of it with those 2 things!!

Ugh. I am getting box 7 with the tanning products, glorified Qtips, and DDF brightener... all of which I won't use. I give each box three months trial period but I have to say I am not impressed with BB after the first two boxes I have received.

Okay, my box is even less exciting than it was to begin with, that Stila sample is just a card with a sample. Laaaaame. lol.

Aww..I really enjoyed the tanning products when i got them..didn't make me orange and the Intensive ones were easy to use. Sorry to all you bummed out girls! Gift or trade them away!

Latest posts

Back