Spring/Summer 2015 Allure Beauty Thrills Box (Allure Beauty Box) *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is sold out - the main page still says "Buy Now" but if you select this it will take you to a sold out message.

*corrected a typo ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
My pre-ordered box arrived!

The lipstick is a red and the eye shadow is a khaki green on one side and a glittery gold on the other.

All in all, it was just as expected.

However it was missing the booklet they usually include.

Don't know if they have done away with it or if mine was just MIA.

If anyone does get a booklet w/ their box, let us know if there are any codes.

Thanks!

I just unpacked mine and had the booklet but it was packed very badly - right on top of the box and could have slipped out during shipping.   I quickly leafed through the booklet and did not see any discount codes.  Although it looks like $5 of each purchase is being donated to NYU IMCG (melanoma research program).

Wow, the lipstick is bright (Gladiolus)!

My preorder box arrived a few days ago.  Knowing what it is it, not much I can say since you all know.  I do think I will use everything included though.  I am 49 and I am excited about trying the glittery eyeshadow (is that weird?).  I tried the lipstick....it is very red, but very wearable.  There was a time in my life that I wouldn't have worn any color other than red, so It is nice getting back to that.

The one thing that is weird is that the MD Complete does not have ingredients listed.  I guess I'll have to check out the website.  Seems almost like it was taken from a set that would have the ingredients listed on the box rather than each bottle.

I probably could have done without this actual box, but I talked myself into since I figured I was going to end up trying the MD Complete anyway.  Plus, I think that since the last 2 boxes (including this one) have been drugstore heavy that the next one will be really great and will sell out fast (well, that's how my mind thinks anyway).

I got around to using the glittery eyeshadow.....2 thumbs up (from my 4 & 2 year olds) and a double thumbs down from my husband....Not sure what that means....LOL!

I also tried out the mascara (Physician's Formula 2 part set).  The lash fibers are identical to a product I have from Ready to Wear that I buy from HSN.  I think the inside container and wand are exactly the same too.  I like the fibers.  I wear contacts but haven't had a problem with them getting in my eyes and working their way under my lenses.  The fibers work best with a "wet" mascara.  That way the fibers stick better to the mascara and don't fall off.

That said, the mascara is a mess.  I mean a literal mess.  When I pulled the brush out a ton of product came out on the wand and the brush.  Then when I pushed it back in a ton of product got all over the neck of the container.  I actually had to wipe down the container before the mascara got everywhere.  Plus, I didn't find it to be a great mascara either.

My pre-ordered box arrived!

The lipstick is a red and the eye shadow is a khaki green on one side and a glittery gold on the other.

All in all, it was just as expected.

However it was missing the booklet they usually include.

Don't know if they have done away with it or if mine was just MIA.

If anyone does get a booklet w/ their box, let us know if there are any codes.

Thanks!
I just picked up my box. I thought my booklet was missing too. However, I pulled up the packaging (and black tissue) and it was at the bottom of all of it. 

We should be hearing about the August box soon.

*edit: I just received the email about the upcoming box and it looks better than the Spring one.  I will try to upload the email picture of the contents.

Allure_Beauty_Thrills_August2015_Eblast1_COMING%20SOON.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I want this-- I'm totally excited about the IT cosmetics & I love the color of the Butter London polish. I've skipped the past couple boxes bc they didn't excite me... I'll use almost everything in this box!!

Got in right at 11:01 AM CDT and got mine! Didn't get the last one or two, since it had repeats and not a lot of stuff I would use. This one, however, is full of stuff I'll use up!

Still available which is good news - my box is scheduled for delivery this afternoon :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder if there is a way to combine the Spring & Summer posts into one ?

I was counting down the seconds and got mine when the buzzer(My phone reminder) went off. I was super worried I wouldn't be fast enough for some reason, heh.

Back