SquareHue: April 2014 -- SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do you find the wear? There was another color in that formula I was eyeing the other day

I've got a few of the triple shines and they wear pretty well. I didn't have any real tip wear until about 3 days in. But I rarely keep a polish on longer than 3 days anyway. lol

The wonderful lady who posted the photos said this about the blue: "Its an indigo/blue-purple with "pinkish" iridescence"
Ohhhhh boy! I'm really excited about this box!!

I'm happy with this box! It looks like such a fun Spring collection and I am excited about the colors! 

I was kind of hoping that we would get a true orange for Amsterdam, but this orangey coral is a color I have been wanting for a while so I am excited about it and I love purple polishes, so P.C Hooftstraat will be fun (and it's a duochrome! YAY!) The lime green will also be a nice addition to my collection as I don't have anything like it (and maybe it will look good with the green glitter from Tokyo I have been looking for a match for?) 

Quote: Originally Posted by FreyaCrescent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm looking forward to this one. Paris was my first month.. Wasn't all that excited when I got those colors. The green leaned really yellow on me. 
March was my first month too, hoping for a more exciting box.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Credit goes to Yoly Ovalle on the Julep Swap Facebook group for these photos.

Nice colors, I have similar colors already but I am curious to see how the formula is.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Credit goes to Yoly Ovalle on the Julep Swap Facebook group for these photos.

love all of them !!!

Just got my box and thought I'd post a pic so you can see the purple aspect of the duochrome (P.C. Hoofstraat).

The fluorescent coral (Kalverstraat) is definitely not as orange in person as the other pic showed.  And the green (Beethovenstraat) is so fun!

Oh!  And!  It comes with a certificate for a free issue of Nail It! magazine!  I'm SO getting that.

These colors are definitely a step up, but not too unhappy with my decision to skip as I have dupes for all three. I already resumed delivery for next month as the Rio collection looks like it could be fun.

I'm very happy for everyone who loves the colors, but I too am glad I skipped this month.  What IS it with SquareHue's obsession with yellow-green?  lol

Yay, got my colors! That purple seems a little out of place in the collection though...

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm very happy for everyone who loves the colors, but I too am glad I skipped this month.  What IS it with SquareHue's obsession with yellow-green?  lol
They do seem to be big fans of chartreuse! I am going to stick around for next month because Rio seems like it will be so much fun, but since it seems like a green polish is likely I hope they branch out and maybe send at least another shade? There's a teal-leaning green that's prominent in the preview picture that I'm really hoping shows up in my mailbox next month! 

Quote: Originally Posted by kira685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  thanks! i saw these on instagram from polishmecrazy and couldn't get them to post here. Not sure how I feel about them though, I have dupes for all three colors

I was so afraid that I would put my sub on suspend & would be kicking myself for missing out great colors. The short answer is I'm not kicking!!!  Reasons are:

1) I am a Green Queen, but yellow greens (chartreuse) are not my drug of choice. And frankly, this is the 3rd chartreuse in a matter of months. Sorry Beethovenstraat. I have a Clatty of this color that I got in a mystery bag from a blog sale and the only reason I haven't gotten rid of it is my understanding is Clatty is an Asian brand and hard to get.

2) Kalverstraat looks to be a coral. I just bought a Butter London that's been on my lemming list for a while -- "The Scottish Polish" -- and it's a gorgeous red/coral.

3) PF Hooftstraat looks to be a gorgeous purple/pink duochrome. I have a fabulous dupe in Cult Nails "Flushed." Or Max Factor "Fantasy Fire."

I do like Square Hue's polishes, I love the mission statement of the company and I'm tickled that this month brought bright colors back. I will probably take my sub off of suspend eventually, but right now I would rather my polish budget goes towards colors I pick out.

I have to say that Beethovenstraat does not come off as chartreuse to me. It's lime. I will take chartreuse and lime any day over pink and red! These colors really fit the theme because they remind me of tulips. I'm shocked we didn't get an orange, though, because the Netherlands! It seemed like a given.

How does this month's lime green compare to Flower Power from April of last year; can anyone show them together?  Thanks.

Back