SquareHue: April 2014 -- SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't worn any of this month's colors yet, but I noticed when swatching them that they seemed thin. I am wearing Shibuya from February though and it's 3 coats but I don't care since it's such a pretty color! I would prefer as few coats as possible, but I don't mind the occasional 3-coater if the color is right! 

I found the formulas to be runny, too.  Super unimpressed with this month's box.  It takes three coats to get decent coverage with the beethovenstraat and I'm not looking forward at all to the removal since reading above that it's a stainer.  I should've known.  

The kalverstraat has the nicest application of the 3.  I haven't tried a full mani with the p.c. hoodstraat yet, but it swatched so thinly that I'll probably put it over a white undie to build it a little better.

I think I'm going to cancel square hue for a while.  They really aren't giving me my money's worth , IMO.  Same with Julep.  I'm going to quit them both for a while and focus more on other indie brands.

Quote: Originally Posted by CuriouslyAmanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My first box was Amsterdam and although I found all the details really impressive and loved the packaging, bottles, colors, etc., I was actually really disappointed with the formula on two of the polishes. Is this just me being a novice polish user? Beethovenstraat was really similar in color to the OPI Greenade (from #NGQ02) and yet it was incredibly runny and took a lot of effort to get decent coverage. I had zero problems with Kalverstraat even though they were both creme polishes. P.C. Hoofstraat was also super runny and took many coats but it was also pretty and a duochrome so I just accepted it. 

I'm not a polish expert but I adore the Square Hue concept and I'm just trying to figure out whether these formula issues are my problem (and someone has tips) or if others are experiencing them too.

I've suspended my account with them for now but would happily renew if I felt there was more consistency. Help?
I've received about 4-5 Square Hue boxes and I think it really depends on the polish.  Some were totally fine, others were thin and streaky.  I wore the Beethovenstraat over a white polish just to build the color up quicker.  It took one coat of the white and 2 of the green for it to work, but that was ok.  I'm wearing P.C. Hoofstraat and it is disappointingly streaky too.  I didn't think it was runny per se, just very thin. I'm wearing three coats and I can still see streaks.  But it is a very pretty polish so I am going to apply a 4th coat to see if I can fill in the streaks.  So...yeah...I actually suspended my account for the next two months too.  Partly because of nail polish overload, but also because I'm a little annoyed at the formula.  I will also say that I am very used to Zoya and Julep polishes which tend to be a lot thicker.  So I get antsy with polishes that take a lot of coats.  I ain't got time for that!  LOL.

Back