Starlooks February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if atleast one item is something new that they haven't had before, given the future focus.

Love the green eye shade. I'm intrigued. It'll be fun to see what we actually get.

For those of you getting a Loyalty gift this month, Starlooks confirmed that the loyalty gifts will be coming WITH the February boxes!

They're supposed to be valued at $35 (I think that's what the card said back in December?) so I'm wondering what it could be! There is no one item that costs $35, so is it yet another grouping of random items like the birthday boxes/referral boxes? Are the loyalty gifts going to be the same for everyone each month? I'm really intrigued, and it makes me even more excited for this months box!

Is it just me, or does the lipstick and shadow on the short - haired girl look like the same thing? Maybe a really light gold pigment? Maybe there will be a purple liner?

My January referral box made it into my hands today :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can I just say I looooove it?  The blush is in champagne, which, honestly, is't a fab color for me.  I'm super pale and any blush that's not pink-based tends to make me look sallow and/or washed out.  However, it will go on the trade list or repurposed as a pretty brow bone highlight color as it looks shimmery and pretty.  The lip gloss in Extreme.  Well, I have no words.  I filled out the quiz that I like a bold eye and a neutral lip, so maybe this was sent mistakenly, but if so, it was a happy accident.  It's GORGEOUS.  This photo doesn't do it justice.  It's so deep and rich and full of sparkle that I really don't have enough words to express how pretty I find this.  The brush is super soft and appears to be well made.  I'll definitely put it to use!!

Either way, I am a super happy girl right now!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My January referral box made it into my hands today :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can I just say I looooove it?  The blush is in champagne, which, honestly, is't a fab color for me.  I'm super pale and any blush that's not pink-based tends to make me look sallow and/or washed out.  However, it will go on the trade list or repurposed as a pretty brow bone highlight color as it looks shimmery and pretty.  The lip gloss in Extreme.  Well, I have no words.  I filled out the quiz that I like a bold eye and a neutral lip, so maybe this was sent mistakenly, but if so, it was a happy accident.  It's GORGEOUS.  This photo doesn't do it justice.  It's so deep and rich and full of sparkle that I really don't have enough words to express how pretty I find this.  The brush is super soft and appears to be well made.  I'll definitely put it to use!!

Loving that lip gloss!! Also, is that the medium dome fluff brush? I got it in a referral box and I really love it. It packs shadow on really well!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Loving that lip gloss!! Also, is that the medium dome fluff brush? I got it in a referral box and I really love it. It packs shadow on really well!

That IS the medium dome fluff brush!  I just picked up a bunch of adesign eye brushes, but I actually didn't get anything like this one, so I'm pretty stoked about it!

maybe cream eyeshadows?  One of their  liquid eyeliners?  lipstick - since I got 3 lippies in Jan's bag, I am lipstick'd out.   If it is a lip gloss, that would be okay to be more shimmery. 

I would LOVE a brush in this month's box...please, please, please.

For those of you getting a Loyalty gift this month, Starlooks confirmed that the loyalty gifts will be coming WITH the February boxes!

They're supposed to be valued at $35 (I think that's what the card said back in December?) so I'm wondering what it could be! There is no one item that costs $35, so is it yet another grouping of random items like the birthday boxes/referral boxes? Are the loyalty gifts going to be the same for everyone each month? I'm really intrigued, and it makes me even more excited for this months box!
YEAH!!  I started my sub in december, so I should be getting the loyalty gift :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  YEAH!!  I started my sub in december, so I should be getting the loyalty gift :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am soooo excited about the loyalty gift this month!  I, like others, are hoping for another brush.  The liner brush and medium dome fluff brush that I've gotten have been awesome, so I really would love to collect more of their tools.  I really wish they were getting the boxes out early for Valentine's Day like some of the other subs are doing though.  I'm always soooo excited for my Starbox!!

Cant wait to see what the loyalty gift will be.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice box!

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nice box!

Thank you!!!  It has me super excited for this month!!

Not sure if this was posted yet and mods, I'm sorry I don't know how to embed! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZDl2DF_JFw#t=1 

She is super, super excited! 
smile.gif

0.jpg

To embed, next to the picture insert is one that looks like a film reel. Click on that and paste the Youtube link

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Who is she? I don't keep up with vloggers since so many come and go.
I have no idea who she is, either. She only has 74,000 or so subscribers, which compared to the only other youtube guru I watch (EmilyNoel83) who has over 500,000. Weird that they would have her signature on all the products and stuff when she's just a little-known youtuber...I'm not saying it won't be a good box, I'm just more confused than excited.

74,000 is a decent amount but even IMATS requires vloggers to have over 250,000 subscribers. They're more generous to bloggers since we only need 40,000 unique hits per month on our blogs. Anyhow, she's pretty but why would people be excited over her signature on the products (other than her viewers)? Makes no sense to me. Now if it were someone like Kandee Johnson or That's Heart or even Emily from Beauty Broadcast then I could see why they would work with that vlogger since she'll bring in traffic to them (which is why I'm guessing they work with Ipsy and other subscription boxes) but someone with "only" 74,000 subscribers may not be able to pull in the new subscribers. If that makes sense to anyone else other than me. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  74,000 is a decent amount but even IMATS requires vloggers to have over 250,000 subscribers. They're more generous to bloggers since we only need 40,000 unique hits per month on our blogs.
I agree it's totally a decent amount in general, but seems pretty low for someone getting a signature collection/Starbox.

They did a Natalie Corona Signature one and she has like 21,000ish subscribers. I think they just base it more on who regularly posts unboxings AND has a fairly good sized subscriber base.

I have watched a few of Ashley Elizabeth's videos before, but am not a subscriber or anything. It'll be fun to see what she picked and she said she would kind of have some spoilers, so that'll be fun. The video was only posted recently and there's already a lot of comments of people saying they subscribed, so it seems to be working nicely to get more Starbox subscribers and I'm sure once she starts doing the videos that may contain spoilers and the box comes out, she'll get more views/subscribers, so I'd say a win/win for both.

Also, I LOVE EmilyNoel83, she's my fave beauty vlogger and it'd be cool for her to have something like a signature box for Starlooks or some other company :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They did a Natalie Corona Signature one and she has like 21,000ish subscribers. I think they just base it more on who regularly posts unboxings AND has a fairly good sized subscriber base.

I have watched a few of Ashley Elizabeth's videos before, but am not a subscriber or anything. It'll be fun to see what she picked and she said she would kind of have some spoilers, so that'll be fun. The video was only posted recently and there's already a lot of comments of people saying they subscribed, so it seems to be working nicely to get more Starbox subscribers and I'm sure once she starts doing the videos that may contain spoilers and the box comes out, she'll get more views/subscribers, so I'd say a win/win for both.

Also, I LOVE EmilyNoel83, she's my fave beauty vlogger and it'd be cool for her to have something like a signature box for Starlooks or some other company :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I wasn't subscribed back then, but I remember reading/watching reviews an thinking, "who the heck is that?" LOL

Emily is truly the only beauty guru I watch on youtube. She's genuine and down to earth, and reviews the whole price spectrum of makeup. She also doesn't do hauls for the sake of showing off what she got, but tries to give opinions and first impressions etc.  I just find most beauty gurus on youtube to be A) showing off, stuck up etc or B) not trustworthy because their opinions seem fueled by products that companies give them and not honest, truthful opinions.

aka: I hate the fake smile and the holding up a product like it's an infomercial and I also hate the "lyke omg this chanel lipgloss is such a good deal it's the best and oh yea this prada bag was on sale for like $1,000 such a good price lolz"

Haha I do love her assurance that "this box is not a piece of sh*t". Actually, the fact that she mentioned both lips and eyes does make me want to subscribe... Hmmm will have to keep an eye out for spoilers!

Back