Starlooks February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh so jealous. I need a shipping email! I've been stalking my email since Monday. lol 

I can't wait to find out what the loyalty gift is! I hope someone gets a box soon and posts pics! 

I haven't gotten a shipping email yet o_O I am trying to be patient lol.

Those of you who have gotten them, has there been any movement or is it still on electronic shipping info received or whatever?

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those of you who have gotten them, has there been any movement or is it still on electronic shipping info received or whatever?
My status right now:

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, February 20, 2014, 11:07 am, IRVINE, CA 92618

That's not really much though...it still has to make it clear across the country to me.

No movement yet for me, hope you get your shipping email soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My status right now:

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, February 20, 2014, 11:07 am, IRVINE, CA 92618

That's not really much though...it still has to make it clear across the country to me.
Same, but I am in AZ. I have an estimated delivery of Monday though WAAAAH. 

Through Anaheim today, estimated delivery Monday. I should be getting my GCC order tomorrow, so at least I'm getting *something* tomorrow -- and then I have to suffer through a whole weekend before I get my Starbox *and* a mystery Lush shipment! I didn't order anything from them, but it's showing in my UPS delivery calendar (and almost two pounds of whatever it is), and I have no clue what it is and an idea of who it's from (no one on MUT), but I don't know for sure. So exciting, but Monday is *ages* away!

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Same, but I am in AZ. I have an estimated delivery of Monday though WAAAAH. 

Mine also says estimated delivery Monday...weird.  I am all the way in Washington, DC.  Doubly weird because I got my Loot Crate shipping notification the same day that my Starbox notification came and Loot Crate also ships from CA.  However, my Loot Crate is already at my post office :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  At least that means presents today...and presents Monday!

Mine won't be here until the middle of next week . . . it always takes forever for them to get to ATL!  This is my last Starbox; I hope it's great.

I think since we pay extra for shipping, they do a method where it is guaranteed within 3-4 days or something like that, so that's probably why so many people in different areas still get them around the same time. Plus with Sunday in the time frame of the boxes, ones that are closer to where they are sent from have to just sit in the local post office an extra day, whereas the farther away ones get an extra day of travel, so they arrive the same day or close :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hopefully, I get my shipping notice today.

I think since we pay extra for shipping, they do a method where it is guaranteed within 3-4 days or something like that, so that's probably why so many people in different areas still get them around the same time. Plus with Sunday in the time frame of the boxes, ones that are closer to where they are sent from have to just sit in the local post office an extra day, whereas the farther away ones get an extra day of travel, so they arrive the same day or close :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully, I get my shipping notice today.
They also ship via USPS first class mail. A lot of people complain about the USPS, but I've sent out hundreds of packages, and I have had far fewer issues with them than any other carrier. Like *one* missing package about five years ago that was in fact found at the post office two weeks later and *one* lost package last year that was insured, so I wasn't even out any money. [witchy comment about Congress and pension funds deleted]

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They also ship via USPS first class mail. A lot of people complain about the USPS, but I've sent out hundreds of packages, and I have had far fewer issues with them than any other carrier. Like *one* missing package about five years ago that was in fact found at the post office two weeks later and *one* lost package last year that was insured, so I wasn't even out any money. [witchy comment about Congress and pension funds deleted]
Yeah, for me, USPS is  above the others...(I'm looking at you DHL!). Actually I haven't had issues with ups either, I just don't deal with them as much.

My aunt delivers mail and she makes pretty good money and all, but wow is she always stressed. Worried something got delivered wrong or that something was late, all the crazy rules she has to follow, not getting her vehicle stuck in the crazy MI snow, etc. I see people complain so much about USPS and I've never had any big issues really and seeing my aunt's stress level all the time, I try to cut them some slack.

I got a tracking email yesterday but it hasn't been picked up yet. Hopefully they pick it up sometime today! *crossing fingers and toes*

I see people complain so much about USPS and I've never had any big issues really and seeing my aunt's stress level all the time, I try to cut them some slack.

I hate when people complain so much about the post office.  Are they perfect?  Nope.  However, they're a self-funded agency like the USPTO (who I worked with for years as an intellectual property law paralegal) and it's not easy.  People also complain about the cost of postage rising and it really floors me.  It reminds me of this Kathleen Madigan bit:

Cracks me up every time.  For the record, 30 years ago, in 1984, the cost of a first class stamp was 20 cents, which, in today's money, is 45 cents in today's money, adjusting for inflation (which is less than the cost of a stamp right now).

I hate when people complain so much about the post office.  Are they perfect?  Nope.  However, they're a self-funded agency like the USPTO (who I worked with for years as an intellectual property law paralegal) and it's not easy.  People also complain about the cost of postage rising and it really floors me.  It reminds me of this Kathleen Madigan bit:
They're self-funded, but (here's where I go STABBITY RAGE) in their infinite wisdom, the 2006 Congress decided that the Postal Service must pre-fund their pensions. For THE NEXT SEVENTY-FIVE YEARS. So we're talking about having to set aside pension funds for employees who have yet to be born. They're the only entity that has to do this. So... Yeah. I do not blame the postal service for any budget-cutting or price increases. I blame Rep. Thomas Davis (R-VA11) for sponsoring the bill in the first place.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're self-funded, but (here's where I go STABBITY RAGE) in their infinite wisdom, the 2006 Congress decided that the Postal Service must pre-fund their pensions. For THE NEXT SEVENTY-FIVE YEARS. So we're talking about having to set aside pension funds for employees who have yet to be born. They're the only entity that has to do this. So... Yeah. I do not blame the postal service for any budget-cutting or price increases. I blame Rep. Thomas Davis (R-VA11) for sponsoring the bill in the first place.

Haha, I'm just outside District 11.  The pension thing is pretty terrible, but I'm just saying that the price increases are actually inline with inflation, so it's not as though the price of postage is somehow astronomical now.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

USPS is the only shipping service that doesn't cause me to have an anxiety attack. UPS, FedEx, and all the others are a hot mess compared to USPS.  The only issue I have is how flat out, hideously rude the guy that runs the desk at my local PO is. I understand the kind of stress they're under. I get it. But when I come up with a smile on my face and I am as polite as can be and he treats me like the gum stuck on the bottom of his shoe, it definitely doesn't make me want to go back and give them business. I know not every PO is like that, but most of the people that work in my local one are nasty, nasty people. Luckily my mailman is a peach.
wink.gif

I got my Starlooks today. Here is what was inside:

Brown Headband

Lipstick in "BFF" (Other color options: "Lilu," or "Drew")

Cream Shadow in "Hologram" (Other color options: "Phaser", "Warp", or "Core")

Pigment in "Tungsten" (or "Wall Street")

It looks like the bonus/reward for subbing for 3 months is a coupon for $35 off Starlooks.com.

There was no code on the insert so I guess you have to email or call them in order to redeem it.

Back