Starlooks January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Did anyone get this box yet?

Lipgloss in "Satin"- Really pretty nude/pink with a gold shimmer (gorgeous!)

Tendergloss in "Snookums"- a nude/mauve with a gold shimmer (also gorgeous!)

Eyeliner in "Obsidian"- already have one from a referral box. Possibly might be able to e-mail them about that, but idk if they count the referral boxes.

#906 Sculpt and Blush Brush YAY BRUSH!

And the little plastic brow comb.

I'm overall really happy with this box. I don't know if you older subscribers got these lip shades in a different box, but I've only been on since September so they're both new to me. I also LOVE tenderglosses so I'm just super thrilled with this box for that alone! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's a great box!

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I actually am really, really in love with the lippies I got, but the liner was a miss for me.  I'm still very happy with my box, but the liner is like a white-silver and it photographs very poorly.  On the plus side, it does look pretty in my waterline.

Please ignore the eye wrinkles and the rest of my face.  I literally just put the liner and some mascara on.
Looks great!

The darker lipgloss is in a shade called Pucker. It's actually. Very pretty on. It's a slightly brownish shade that has a lot of purple in it, and a purpley iridescence to it. The other gloss is Tipsy, which I think is much nicer than the Tipsy Pencil I got in my Ipsy bag. The blush is in. Tequila Sunrise, and the pencil is obviously Obsidian. The kohl pencil is probably the only thing I won't use, but I'll just give it to my mom.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am really happy with my starlooks box!!

I got

infinity lipstick in eon

infinity lipstick in Endless

mint/aloe vera lip balm

tender gloss in puzzy  (forgive me, but I keep calling it pussy - lol)

infinity eye liner in Orion - which was a color I was going to purchase on my own!  I am glad I waited.  I am so happy with my box

.  I totally love the orion color - a teal color and I was looking to purchase the August box to get those infinity lipsticks.  This worked out well for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
rofl2.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box yesterday! For the first time ever I did not get a shipping notice, it was just a surprise!

I received lipstick in Claudia, gloss in Midriff, lip pencil in Roseate, and eye pencil in brown.  I was especially excited about the eye pencil because mine was running low.
Great box!

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box!

Orion liner, eye lashes, eons matte infinity lip color, and the tender gloss in puzzy (super excited about this)
Nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysti198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Starbox came! Love it all!
Nice, I cant wait for my box to come!

I got 3 dupes in my box this month. I wasn't thrilled with December and now with three dupes I'm beyond sad.

Quote: Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got 3 dupes in my box this month. I wasn't thrilled with December and now with three dupes I'm beyond sad.
if your dupes were from previous starlook's box, let them know - they will replace them for you.

I received my box last Saturday, emailed them Sunday and let them know I had one dupe and my replacement item came yesterday.  I'm really pleased with Starlooks customer service.

Quote: Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry to hear that, their cs is really nice you should contact them.

I got my birthday box and I am excited. I got an HD Fluid blush in Barbie!!! (it doesn't have a color name on it, but it's definitely Barbie). That is like my most favorite item I have ever gotten from starlooks and I don't use it often because it is discontinued and I couldn't get another, so now I can use it more! Though it is a little disconcerting getting an item that was discontinued over a year ago.

The other two items were an eyeliner pencil in 'brown'(atleast it wasn't black!!! I don't think I even own a brown pencil, so this is nice) and a loose pan eyeshadow in 'shiny taupe'.

I just swatched the shadow and it's a really nice shiny color. Almost a bit of a lavender look when the light hits it. It's absolutely pretty. At first seeing the liner and the shadow being brownish, I thought it was a bit bland (then I opened the blush and was too excited to be bummed about the blandness), but after swatching, I am really happy with all three items!

Now, I guess I have no choice but to make myself a magnetic palette lol I've been putting it off, since all my single shadows are in individual cases, but this one isn't, so maybe it will be my motivation haha (I have a feeling I'd use my single shadows more, if they were in palette form).

Overall, January was a great month for me and Starlooks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my birthday box and I am excited. 

YAY!!  I hope that means that the referral boxes also went out.  They said they'd be sending tracking numbers, but I haven't seen one.  We'll see, but this gives me hope!!

I love my Starbox this month!

I would have been happier with a brown liner but I can definitely use the black as a gift.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would have been happier with a brown liner but I can definitely use the black as a gift. Nice box!

I also like your nail polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have the black and white (or atleast a similar one) and love it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would have been happier with a brown liner but I can definitely use the black as a gift. Nice box!

I also like your nail polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have the black and white (or atleast a similar one) and love it.

Thank you so much, I got that polish as a gift and i'm in love I need it in all the colors.

I got my birthday box and I am excited. I got an HD Fluid blush in Barbie!!! (it doesn't have a color name on it, but it's definitely Barbie). That is like my most favorite item I have ever gotten from starlooks and I don't use it often because it is discontinued and I couldn't get another, so now I can use it more! Though it is a little disconcerting getting an item that was discontinued over a year ago. Overall, January was a great month for me and Starlooks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This was the exact same birthday box I received! I wonder if they might be relaunching the blush because it is in a white box and doesn't have a shade label on it. I haven't used my Barbie blush in a while since it wasn't a color that worked for me in the summer and fall, but now I'm digging it out because I really do like it, and if I have a backup, I might as well use it! I was kind of bummed about the brown liner since I still have the one from last January's box, but I'll just toss it in my makeup bag for work touchups. It's definitely better than a black liner! I'll wear brown with pink, red, and green shadow. As much as I sigh at brown liner as being SO BORING, I actually wear it a lot because it's a very versatile color for me given my usual shadow colors. I don't wear black liner. At all. The shadow... Well, boring, but I know I'll end up wearing it with green, pink, and red shadows.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This was the exact same birthday box I received! I wonder if they might be relaunching the blush because it is in a white box and doesn't have a shade label on it. I haven't used my Barbie blush in a while since it wasn't a color that worked for me in the summer and fall, but now I'm digging it out because I really do like it, and if I have a backup, I might as well use it! I was kind of bummed about the brown liner since I still have the one from last January's box, but I'll just toss it in my makeup bag for work touchups. It's definitely better than a black liner! I'll wear brown with pink, red, and green shadow. As much as I sigh at brown liner as being SO BORING, I actually wear it a lot because it's a very versatile color for me given my usual shadow colors. I don't wear black liner. At all. The shadow... Well, boring, but I know I'll end up wearing it with green, pink, and red shadows.
I was thinking the blush is just an old one they threw into a new box because the box is just a standard box with a sticker saying the product type and ingredients, whereas the rest of the items I got the boxes were printed with the type of product and ingredients. I have an olive colored ulta shadow that I love and I think the taupe is going to work nicely with that. I normally don't do neutral eye looks, but I've been trying to do more, so it will come in handy.

I used the Barbie blush and the Tipsy liner most in Spring/Summer and am ready to bust them out. I now have backups of both (got a second tipsy in an Ipsy bag), so that's nice (though it'll be a while before I need to bust open the second ones). My first Barbie, the tube  didn't have the pointy part, but I checked this one and it does, so woo-hoo! The consistency of mine was not liquidy at all, but very thick like toothpaste and I figured since it was called an hd FLUID blush it was supposed to be thinner, but I loved the color so much, I just have used it anyway. Feb of last year was my very first box (of any sub service), so I wasn't going to complain or anything lol. I checked the new one and it's much thinner than the first one.

I literally just got my Birthday box last night (Jan 10 is my birthday) and the January Box this afternoon.  in my birthday box, I got the HD flush blush in a super PINK color... not sure how to use this yet as they don't have any info on it.  Lip liner in Tipsy and an eye shadow in some periwinkle kind of color, which I won't use as I'm not a fan of blue eyeshadow with blue eyes.

my January box, got 3 lipsticks in eon, puzzy and continuum, an eye lash comb and creme eyeliner in orion.  It would have been nice to get a brush for the eye liner though.

Back