Starlooks January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ooh nice! That's one I haven't seen yet! I think I'd use/like everything in that box!
I am REALLY happy with it.   My SL brown is the shortest eye pencil I have at the moment, so I was psyched to get another one! The lippie is really pretty and the lip pencil is a great versatile color

Got my box! 

Orion liner, eye lashes, eons matte infinity lip color, and the tender gloss in puzzy (super excited about this)

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  eons is now my favorite lipstick EVER.  I love it!
That looks like a really pretty color!

it is my lips but a WHOLE LOT better...(eons)

just a beautiful shade of dark dusty rose-pink.  It is a matte shade.  Some people complain about the fact it is a dry lipstick (because it is matte), but I must have oily lips or something (or just keep them conditioned really well!) because it  glides on beautiful and I do not find it drying at all.

eons is now my favorite lipstick EVER.  I love it!

Mine too!!!

A weird question...has anyone gotten their referral box for the month?  I got the email a full week ago that I'd be getting one, but I haven't received the actual box.  I figured that maybe they're just running behind, but I thought I'd check and see if others got anything.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine too!!!

A weird question...has anyone gotten their referral box for the month?  I got the email a full week ago that I'd be getting one, but I haven't received the actual box.  I figured that maybe they're just running behind, but I thought I'd check and see if others got anything.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Maybe they're sending them when they send the birthday boxes (sometime this week they said). I haven't seen anyone of FB or Youtube mention getting their referral or birthday box yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybe they're sending them when they send the birthday boxes (sometime this week they said). I haven't seen anyone of FB or Youtube mention getting their referral or birthday box yet.

Very likely.  I just know that the last time I got one, I received the email and it was in my mailbox within a few days.  I just assumed they send the email out when they get mailed.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very likely.  I just know that the last time I got one, I received the email and it was in my mailbox within a few days.  I just assumed they send the email out when they get mailed.
I didn't get an email for my regular box, so I am just planning on not getting one LOL Usually the email does come when they ship, but maybe the issue they had with the regular box emails is still happening (or maybe they just haven't shipped yet). I am eagerly anticipating my birthday box, so I hope they shipped already, but I understand if they haven't. I wasn'tsure if they would send shipping emails for birthday and/or referral boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't get an email for my regular box, so I am just planning on not getting one LOL Usually the email does come when they ship, but maybe the issue they had with the regular box emails is still happening (or maybe they just haven't shipped yet). I am eagerly anticipating my birthday box, so I hope they shipped already, but I understand if they haven't. I wasn'tsure if they would send shipping emails for birthday and/or referral boxes.

I have no idea about the birthday boxes, but they send an email about the referral boxes, they just don't contain tracking. They just say something to the affect of, "Thanks for your referral, you're getting a referral box!"  It's great that they tell you, but it would be nice if they told you WHEN you were getting it.  Oh well, it'll come when it comes.

no one ever clicks on my links - lol

I won't ever get a referral box, but at least I will get a b-day box!

no one ever clicks on my links - lol

I won't ever get a referral box, but at least I will get a b-day box!
I have actually found it interesting how many people have ASKED for my link.  In one of my Facebook swap groups, I was the only one with a Starbox referral link in their referral link doc.  I just post a picture of my box on my Facebook every month and, inevitably, someone asks me where I got it.  I only started this sub in November and I got a referral box last month and one this month and it looks like I'll get two in February.

I don't push it either.  I literally post a picture of my box once, on the day I get it.  I feel like I'm trying to run a MLM  in this thread though.  "The product sells itself!!"

Up until now I always thought Starlooks had the best customer service of any subscription I've tried. The card in the January box said: AND REMEMBER... Starlooks always wants you to have new things. If for some reason you have received a duplicate of something you already have, call or email our customer service department and we will take good care of you! I posted this last month, but in my birthday box I received the exact same items as when I purchased Mystery items the last time they were on sale. I had already emailed them to suggest they keep track of what mystery items are sent so they don't duplicate them. CS said they would note that. When I received this months card with the above statement I thought I should email them about replacements. I said: Starlooks, Is it possible to get replacement items for these? I only mention it because this month's card emphasizes that if you ever receive duplicates, just contact Starlooks. Thank you. Their reply: I'm sorry, but the duplicate items disclaimer is meant for January Starboxes only. I am not able to extend that to birthday boxes or mystery items, for inventory reasons, at this time. I guess I'm just super disappointed in the very limited disclaimer.

Quote: Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Up until now I always thought Starlooks had the best customer service of any subscription I've tried.

The card in the January box said:

AND REMEMBER... Starlooks always wants you to have new things. If for some reason you have received a duplicate of something you already have, call or email our customer service department and we will take good care of you!

I posted this last month, but in my birthday box I received the exact same items as when I purchased Mystery items the last time they were on sale. I had already emailed them to suggest they keep track of what mystery items are sent so they don't duplicate them. CS said they would note that.

When I received this months card with the above statement I thought I should email them about replacements.

I said:

Starlooks,

Is it possible to get replacement items for these? I only mention it because this month's card emphasizes that if you ever receive duplicates, just contact Starlooks.

Thank you.

Their reply:

I'm sorry, but the duplicate items disclaimer is meant for January Starboxes only. I am not able to extend that to birthday boxes or mystery items, for inventory reasons, at this time.

I guess I'm just super disappointed in the very limited disclaimer.

...but you received the birthday box for free, so I can understand why the replacement wouldn't apply - they don't have to provide birthday boxes, they don't even advertise them, and they could stop sending them at any time without notice.  Sure, it's disappointing to receive a duplicate, but you can't argue with free. 

...but you received the birthday box for free, so I can understand why the replacement wouldn't apply - they don't have to provide birthday boxes, they don't even advertise them, and they could stop sending them at any time without notice.  Sure, it's disappointing to receive a duplicate, but you can't argue with free. 
Oh I absolutely understand that. It is a great perk which is why I didn't inquire about replacements last month when I received the box. My disappointment actually stems from the fact that as a result of this, I won't purchase any more mystery items or other items on the website for fear of getting duplicates, in birthday boxes or monthly boxes, since the disclaimer applies to the January box only. It will save me money in the end, but I just love their products and think the mystery items are fun, but I want to try more items and not the same ones. That's my disappointment. I'm not angry or vindictive or anything. Offering the birthday boxes is also similar to the loyalty program in that it is another thing to draw people in. I've read many people on here signing up the month of their birthday and loving that they get a second box. So it does serve a purpose as well as just being free and nice of them and awesome.

Oh I absolutely understand that. It is a great perk which is why I didn't inquire about replacements last month when I received the box.

My disappointment actually stems from the fact that as a result of this, I won't purchase any more mystery items or other items on the website for fear of getting duplicates, in birthday boxes or monthly boxes, since the disclaimer applies to the January box only. It will save me money in the end, but I just love their products and think the mystery items are fun, but I want to try more items and not the same ones.

That's my disappointment. I'm not angry or vindictive or anything. Offering the birthday boxes is also similar to the loyalty program in that it is another thing to draw people in. I've read many people on here signing up the month of their birthday and loving that they get a second box. So it does serve a purpose as well as just being free and nice of them and awesome.
This seems just like Julep Mystery boxes.  

That's my disappointment. I'm not angry or vindictive or anything. Offering the birthday boxes is also similar to the loyalty program in that it is another thing to draw people in. I've read many people on here signing up the month of their birthday and loving that they get a second box. So it does serve a purpose as well as just being free and nice of them and awesome.

I can definitely understand that, since it's like Julep (my mystery box from them contained two colors I already owned).  I won't buy any more mystery boxes because of that.

I had emailed, asking when referral boxes for January would be sent out and they emailed back and just said it would be soon.  Kind of vague, but whatever.  At least I'll be getting one.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh I absolutely understand that. It is a great perk which is why I didn't inquire about replacements last month when I received the box.

My disappointment actually stems from the fact that as a result of this, I won't purchase any more mystery items or other items on the website for fear of getting duplicates, in birthday boxes or monthly boxes, since the disclaimer applies to the January box only. It will save me money in the end, but I just love their products and think the mystery items are fun, but I want to try more items and not the same ones.

just to be fair to starlooks - they did state in the card for the starbox that the replacements would be for any past starbox items that you received.

My Starbox came! Love it all!

Back