Starlooks January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No starbox for me today =(. Hopefully Monday!  I hope I get the black eyeliner even though I got one a while back in my Ipsy bag. I really like it though and wouldn't mind having another for a back-up when I run out of my other one. 

Because of the storm our mail didn't get delivered ... well technically they don't have to deliver if your box isn't cleared out and I didn't see any boxes shoveled in my town, so maybe they delivered to those who got up really early and shoveled lol hopefully Monday I'll have my box.

Really jealous of the people getting the brushes.  I'm not going to mess around with spoiler tags because A) the thread title actually contains the term "spoilers", so people coming to the thread shouldn't expect to NOT see spoilers and B) because it seems like there are so many box variations that a picture isn't going to spoil anything.  I received the Natalie Corona for Starlooks Infinity Lipsticks in Endless (a satin) and Eons (a matte), a Tender Gloss Lipstick in Puzzy, and an Infinity Eye Liner in Milky Way.  Really want the brush and tempted to use the 40% coupon code for it, but I DO like my box....eeek.

Grrr I got both Natalie Corona lipsticks, gloss in pearl necklace and Milky Way gel liner. ALL repeats! This box sucks. I was thinking about canceling and I think this is a sign!

Quote: Originally Posted by Krendall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Grrr I got both Natalie Corona lipsticks, gloss in pearl necklace and Milky Way gel liner. ALL repeats! This box sucks. I was thinking about canceling and I think this is a sign!
they stated if you got dups they would take care of it for you.....

Quote:   Dear Subscribers,

Please read the following, very important updates/FAQ's regarding your January Starbox!

WHY HAVEN'T I RECEIVED MY BOX YET?
If you have a moment, take a look at our very informative FAQ page which explains that all Starboxes always ship within the 3rd and 4th week of each month. January Starboxes began shipping on Monday the 20th, as it was the first day of the 3rd week of January. We usually get all Starboxes out within the 3rd week, but we like to leave the 4th week open just to be safe.

I DIDN'T GET MY JANUARY TRACKING NUMBER!
We were experiencing some technical difficulties with our shipping email server, and many tracking numbers were not successfully sent when January boxes were shipped. The issue has since been fixed, but if you are one of the unlucky subscribers that did not receive a tracking number, don't worry - your box is on its way! If you do not receive your Starbox by Wednesday (the 29th) of next week, email us at [email protected] or call (949) 679-0679 and a member of our customer service team will resend your tracking number.

WHY DIDN'T I GET THE SAME THINGS MY FRIEND GOT?
"
Surprise Yourself!" was the theme of the January Starbox - this means that everyone received, or will be receiving, something different this month. So you might not receive the same products or colors that your friends did. Don't like something? We urge you to Surprise Yourself! and give it a shot anyway - or, Trade away! Someone else might have something you want, and you might have something they would love to swap it for. This will not be the case every month. So if the surprise box is not your cup of tea, don't worry. Although colors may always vary, we will go back to sending everyone the same product types in February.

AND REMEMBER... Starlooks always wants you to have new things. If for some reason you have received a duplicate of something you already have, call or email our customer service department and we will take good care of you!

they stated if you got dups they would take care of it for you.....
I know. I got the email, too. It's just frustrating waiting on a box and getting nothing but dupes. I was on the fence about canceling and was wanting to be really wowed this month. That's all.

I actually am really, really in love with the lippies I got, but the liner was a miss for me.  I'm still very happy with my box, but the liner is like a white-silver and it photographs very poorly.  On the plus side, it does look pretty in my waterline.

Please ignore the eye wrinkles and the rest of my face.  I literally just put the liner and some mascara on.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Really jealous of the people getting the brushes.  I'm not going to mess around with spoiler tags because A) the thread title actually contains the term "spoilers", so people coming to the thread shouldn't expect to NOT see spoilers and B) because it seems like there are so many box variations that a picture isn't going to spoil anything.  I received the Natalie Corona for Starlooks Infinity Lipsticks in Endless (a satin) and Eons (a matte), a Tender Gloss Lipstick in Puzzy, and an Infinity Eye Liner in Milky Way.  Really want the brush and tempted to use the 40% coupon code for it, but I DO like my box....eeek.

box twins! I am not a fan of the satin finish lippie and puzzy just seems like MEH. I was soo dying for a brush. 

EDIT- just saw your look. I think you can try using the eyeliner as more of a base for other shadows or highlighter vs an actual liner. 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  box twins! I am not a fan of the satin finish lippie and puzzy just seems like MEH. I was soo dying for a brush. 

EDIT- just saw your look. I think you can try using the eyeliner as more of a base for other shadows or highlighter vs an actual liner. 

Yeah, I was just trying to test it out a bit.  I think it will be great as a waterline liner or in the tear duct, for sure.  Perhaps even as a little highlighter along the brow bone.  I already have many white shadow bases that I like using, so I doubt it will get much love as a base, but I definitely think it could have its uses.

Also, the Puzzy is kinda "meh" in color, but it works AMAZING as a gloss, as long as you're not expecting much in the way of color.  It goes on super, super soft and feels amazing on my lips.

I got an identical box. I already have the Puzzy Tendergloss so i'm going to email them and see what they say.

So far, I am liking all of the boxes I have seen posted! I'd be happy with any of them.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif Also, the Puzzy is kinda "meh" in color, but it works AMAZING as a gloss, as long as you're not expecting much in the way of color.  It goes on super, super soft and feels amazing on my lips.
I love Puzzy over a lip stain!  Or after the balmy part (for lack of a better term) of a staining lipcolor -- OCC lip tars, anyone? -- wears off.

I received the nude/pink lipgloss and sticks as well.  This must be the default box for folks who have subscribed for a while - I've been subbed since March of last year but went back and ordered Jan/Feb. I <3 their products and lip stuff, so I think i'll use them.  I'd received both the bare and tipsy liners, so this completes the set for me. I don't really wear bare, but it makes a good underlayer for otherwise too bright lippies. 

Excuse me?! You look amazing! You shush. 

I do second @rachelshine that the eyeliner might be a good base though, that sounds like a great idea!

Jelly of everyone's boxes... seems like this would have been a good month to stay subscribed for people like me who haven't been with them forever.

I've been a lurker for a bit, but got my box today and came to see what everyone else was getting. I got the white liner pot, puzzy tendergloss and the two Infinity lippies. I actually really loved the sheer gloss I got in my birthday box last month, so if someone wanted to swap, id be happy to hand off my Infinity lippies to get those two glosses!

That white-silver works well as a primer -- I've used it that way.

Quote: Originally Posted by ohdahlia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I figured that it would, but between my white chubby stick and my NYX shadow base, I have the market cornered on white primers that work good on my eyes.  However, I think it looks great in the tear duct and waterline and I think I'll get quite a fair amount of use from it.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I figured that it would, but between my white chubby stick and my NYX shadow base, I have the market cornered on white primers that work good on my eyes.  However, I think it looks great in the tear duct and waterline and I think I'll get quite a fair amount of use from it.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I really like it as an all-over shimmer when I can apply it with a light hand.  Unfortunately, light-handedness is a problem in the morning before work, so that's a weekend-only use for me!

Would y'all be interested in a dedicated Starlooks swap thread? With all the different options this month, it might make sense. We could post previous Starlooks products, too.

YES!

Yeah, I was just trying to test it out a bit.  I think it will be great as a waterline liner or in the tear duct, for sure.  Perhaps even as a little highlighter along the brow bone.  I already have many white shadow bases that I like using, so I doubt it will get much love as a base, but I definitely think it could have its uses.

Also, the Puzzy is kinda "meh" in color, but it works AMAZING as a gloss, as long as you're not expecting much in the way of color.  It goes on super, super soft and feels amazing on my lips.
Good call for the tear ducts! I did try it out as a base last night and loved it. I used it with more shimmery shades from the Nov and Dec Starlooks palette and it punched them up a bit. I bet it would add another layer of fun for more matte shades. I also used it as a browbone highlighter and dug it. I am glad I decided to open it up and play, as I was thinking of just swapping. 

Latest posts

Back