Starlooks January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YES!

Good call for the tear ducts! I did try it out as a base last night and loved it. I used it with more shimmery shades from the Nov and Dec Starlooks palette and it punched them up a bit. I bet it would add another layer of fun for more matte shades. I also used it as a browbone highlighter and dug it. I am glad I decided to open it up and play, as I was thinking of just swapping. 

Hey, you just nailed it!  The whole theme of the box was to find new uses for other products and you did!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YES!

Good call for the tear ducts! I did try it out as a base last night and loved it. I used it with more shimmery shades from the Nov and Dec Starlooks palette and it punched them up a bit. I bet it would add another layer of fun for more matte shades. I also used it as a browbone highlighter and dug it. I am glad I decided to open it up and play, as I was thinking of just swapping. 
Yep - I use it as an underlayer for my bright mattes (I like to play with Coastal Scents creative me 1 palette), and it looks awesome.  It makes a good highlighter and even a little shimmer in the middle of the lips, too. 

I got my box today and I am VERY happy! I got things that I really wanted. Since the time that I first subbed, I have wanted to try out the Infinity Lipsticks. It's the one thing I most wanted to try and they didn't send a single one during the 6 months I was subscribed before and now I have two :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got both of the Natalie Corona ones (which look like nice mellow shades), the Milky Way liner (what kind of brush do you guys use to apply it as an eyeshadow base? I just used my finger lol and am wondering if there is a better way haha) and the Tendergloss in Puzzy.

The whole time I was unsubscribed, I watched unboxings on Youtube and lurked a bit in the threads here and those Infinity Lipsticks and the Milky Way liner were some of the things I was bummed about missing out on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here's a pic:

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  what kind of brush do you guys use to apply it as an eyeshadow base? 

I use a small shadow brush.  I actually have one dedicated to putting on shadow bases which I honestly just bought at Target.  It's one of the Sonia Kashuk brushes.  I want to say it was under $10, so it wouldn't cost much.  You can use one you already have, but if you only have one small shadow brush, it can be difficult to move between a cream shadow base and a powder shadow in the same application.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I find it's easier to just keep a separate one with my shadow bases.

This is the exact same Box i got! Love love all the products! I have only received 2 previous boxes and saw these in prior boxes and was dying to try them! Puzzy was a pleasant surprise color wise!

Just received my box.  I got:

Tender Gloss Lipstick in Puzzy

Infinity Lipstick in Endless

Infinity Lipstick in  Eons

Infinity Eye Liner in Orion

and a little lash comb

I'm really excited for everything except the Tender Gloss in Puzzy.  I have a feeling that will look horrible on me and I might not even try it and just give it away.

I am so excited that I received the eye liner in Orion.  It is such a beautiful blue. 

Just received my box.  I got: Tender Gloss Lipstick in Puzzy Infinity Lipstick in Endless Infinity Lipstick in  Eons Infinity Eye Liner in Orion and a little lash comb I'm really excited for everything except the Tender Gloss in Puzzy.  I have a feeling that will look horrible on me and I might not even try it and just give it away. I am so excited that I received the eye liner in Orion.  It is such a beautiful blue. 
Puzzy is actually really beautiful! It' said lot more sheer than it looks in the tube, and just makes your own lip colour look amazing. I wear it in lieu of a nude lipstick A LOT. Love!

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysti198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Puzzy is actually really beautiful! It' said lot more sheer than it looks in the tube, and just makes your own lip colour look amazing. I wear it in lieu of a nude lipstick A LOT. Love!

I totally agree with you. 

When I first got Puzzy in one of my other boxes, I was a bit bummed because it looked like a really light pink color and light pinks do not look good on me.

But after it stared at me a couple days, I got the nerve to try it out and fell in love with it.

still no box....but the mail lady in out apt complex kind of sucks - something will show delivered for nearly 2 days before there might be a slip in our box to go pick up a package 

Quote: Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  still no box....but the mail lady in out apt complex kind of sucks - something will show delivered for nearly 2 days before there might be a slip in our box to go pick up a package 
The e-mail they sent out said that if you do not receive your box by the 29th, to contact them so they can resend and check your tracking #. Hopefully you get it by then!

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use a small shadow brush.  I actually have one dedicated to putting on shadow bases which I honestly just bought at Target.  It's one of the Sonia Kashuk brushes.  I want to say it was under $10, so it wouldn't cost much.  You can use one you already have, but if you only have one small shadow brush, it can be difficult to move between a cream shadow base and a powder shadow in the same application.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I find it's easier to just keep a separate one with my shadow bases.
Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wasn't sure if a regular shadow brush would work for a cream product. I ventured into the arctic tundra that is Michigan right now and a local store had a 6pk of mini Eco-Tools multi purpose brushes on clearance and they seem the same as my regular  eye brushes, so I will try one of those.

I am really happy with my starlooks box!!

I got

infinity lipstick in eon

infinity lipstick in Endless

mint/aloe vera lip balm

tender gloss in puzzy  (forgive me, but I keep calling it pussy - lol)

infinity eye liner in Orion - which was a color I was going to purchase on my own!  I am glad I waited.  I am so happy with my box

.  I totally love the orion color - a teal color and I was looking to purchase the August box to get those infinity lipsticks.  This worked out well for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am really happy with my starlooks box!!

I got

infinity lipstick in eon

infinity lipstick in Endless

mint/aloe vera lip balm

tender gloss in puzzy  (forgive me, but I keep calling it pussy - lol)

infinity eye liner in Orion - which was a color I was going to purchase on my own!  I am glad I waited.  I am so happy with my box

.  I totally love the orion color - a teal color and I was looking to purchase the August box to get those infinity lipsticks.  This worked out well for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have to say that they were really good at picking out products this month (at least for me).  I got the Milky Way liner, but I had previously received Orion in the November box.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's a gorgeous liner.

I bought the December box because I wanted the palette.  I got it yesterday.  Beautiful colors.  There were clear crystals in the box. Is that normal? what's up with the crystals?

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I bought the December box because I wanted the palette.  I got it yesterday.  Beautiful colors.  There were clear crystals in the box. Is that normal? what's up with the crystals?
They put the crystals in every box. I don't remember the exact reasoning but something along the lines of to attract positive energy or something. They suggest using them as filler in the bottom of a brush holder or make jewelry out of them.

Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wasn't sure if a regular shadow brush would work for a cream product. I ventured into the arctic tundra that is Michigan right now and a local store had a 6pk of mini Eco-Tools multi purpose brushes on clearance and they seem the same as my regular  eye brushes, so I will try one of those.
Regular shadow brushes are just fine. Synthetic brushes work best with liquids or creams' because they don't absorb any of the product the way a natural bristle brush would. It's also much easier to get long wearing gels or creams out of synthetic brushes come cleaning time. I'm pretty sure Ecotools brushes are synthetic, I like a flat concealer brush to apply a cream base. On another note... Tracking says my box has been successfully delivered, but it isn':sadyes:t in my box...

Quote: Originally Posted by chrysti198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Regular shadow brushes are just fine. Synthetic brushes work best with liquids or creams' because they don't absorb any of the product the way a natural bristle brush would. It's also much easier to get long wearing gels or creams out of synthetic brushes come cleaning time. I'm pretty sure Ecotools brushes are synthetic, I like a flat concealer brush to apply a cream base.

On another note... Tracking says my box has been successfully delivered, but it isn':sadyes:t in my box...
Thanks. I just checked and the ones I just got are made of Taklon and they look like the the flat concealer brushes and say they work for eye shadows, concealers and lip sticks. I tried it out with the cream liner and it seems to work pretty well.

I hope your box is ok and gets to you. I know some people have packages say they are delivered and then they don't get delivered til the next day *crossesfingers*

Got my box yesterday! For the first time ever I did not get a shipping notice, it was just a surprise!

I received lipstick in Claudia, gloss in Midriff, lip pencil in Roseate, and eye pencil in brown.  I was especially excited about the eye pencil because mine was running low.

Quote: Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my box yesterday! For the first time ever I did not get a shipping notice, it was just a surprise!

I received lipstick in Claudia, gloss in Midriff, lip pencil in Roseate, and eye pencil in brown.  I was especially excited about the eye pencil because mine was running low.
ooh nice! That's one I haven't seen yet! I think I'd use/like everything in that box!

Latest posts

Back