Starlooks July 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just placed the most giant order..... That 50% off couldn't have come at a better time. There were so many things I was wanting. I'll take that code over an eyeliner any day! I love this company and their products.

I really hope we get the orangey tender gloss that's in the lookbook, and one of their two toned bronzers. I hope they ship early this month!!!

Has anyone tried the Starlook foundations / powders? 

I ordered the foundation samples but it hasn't arrived yet.

50% off would be great for trying the Starlooks foundations, but I wanted to know if any of you ladies have tried them and what you thought about it?

Has anyone tried the Starlook foundations / powders? 

I ordered the foundation samples but it hasn't arrived yet.

50% off would be great for trying the Starlooks foundations, but I wanted to know if any of you ladies have tried them and what you thought about it?
I have the mineral powder & the translucent powder & love both of them.

I got the 5 samples from them last month & SHEESH they really need to work on accurate swatches on their website.  I picked 5 (I only got 4 because I guess the tinted moisturizer didn't count as a foundation) looked like my skin tone & all 5 of them were super duper light on me.  And I'm pretty fair.  So if you have porcelain skin . . . Starlooks actually has some AWESOME light light foundations.  I need to order 5 more in darker shades so I can really try them out correctly.  I've been using the 4 I got as under eye concealer since they are lighter than my natural skin tone & lighten up my under eye area.

My favorite was the Satin Finish Foundation (I got BSF1 & it was the closest to my skin tone out of the 4 I picked).  It went on easily & stayed all day.  I still like my Smashbox BB Cream better, but it was nice to try it out.  I also tried the mousse foundation (not a fan of the texture.  It feels like whipped cream on my face) in MF2.  I also tried the Longwear Foundation & haven't really gotten around to using them out yet. . .  I just know they were BOTH too light (SB1 & SB2).  I would like to re-order more a little darker so I could really get a good idea if they'd work for me.

I used my last loyalty code to try their Moisture Foundation *Tinted Moisturizer on their website* (I have very dry skin) Total shot in the dark since they didn't have the foundation samples available yet.

I am very pale so I ordered MB2. I really like the coverage personally. As my face is much more freckled I think this color might actually be a bit too light for me but it works really well and does a good job tinting and feeling light without providing super complete coverage. (I tend to favor tints as I like to keep my freckles visible)  I will be ordering their foundation samples for sure. (Forearm swatch/blend) tumblr_n8ii5dZ92L1r9fao5o1_1280.jpgtumblr_n8iigga5IH1r9fao5o1_500.jpg

I have the mineral powder & the translucent powder & love both of them.

I got the 5 samples from them last month & SHEESH they really need to work on accurate swatches on their website.  I picked 5 (I only got 4 because I guess the tinted moisturizer didn't count as a foundation) looked like my skin tone & all 5 of them were super duper light on me.  And I'm pretty fair.  So if you have porcelain skin . . . Starlooks actually has some AWESOME light light foundations.  I need to order 5 more in darker shades so I can really try them out correctly.  I've been using the 4 I got as under eye concealer since they are lighter than my natural skin tone & lighten up my under eye area.

My favorite was the Satin Finish Foundation (I got BSF1 & it was the closest to my skin tone out of the 4 I picked).  It went on easily & stayed all day.  I still like my Smashbox BB Cream better, but it was nice to try it out.  I also tried the mousse foundation (not a fan of the texture.  It feels like whipped cream on my face) in MF2.  I also tried the Longwear Foundation & haven't really gotten around to using them out yet. . .  I just know they were BOTH too light (SB1 & SB2).  I would like to re-order more a little darker so I could really get a good idea if they'd work for me.
Interesting. I knew their website swatches were "off" but it is good to hear its a bit consistent that I'm not the only one who thought my product was on the lighter side. Mine is totally useable so I wouldn't return it. Glad they put out those samples though! Way safer than ordering blindly

pl10-Treasure_1024x1024.jpg

I got this beauty just for fun & 5 more foundation samples to try out (for $2.50 why not).  Everything for $11.00.  I love their pigments & only have 2 so I thought this would be a fun color that I wouldn't normally buy on my own so I'm heading out of my "box" this time around.

Referral Update!

So I am honored and thankful that one of my friends signed up for Starlooks via my referral this month and I just got this email from Starlooks today...

We'd like to thank you for referring your friend(s) to Starbox! Because your friend(s) officially subscribed, you will be receiving your customizable, FREE GIFT BAG/BOX!

Gift Bags/Boxes will contain Starlooks Products chosen by one of our Starlooks PRO Artists, based on your personal preferences on file during the time your friend subscribed. You can expect your gift bag to be shipped some time during the current referral shipping segment (by August 10th). To learn more about referral segmenting, visit the "Refer a Friend" tab within your Starbox Account. 

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION: Beginning in August, the referral program will be temporarily paused to make room for our new and improved points system! This system will reward you points for referrals, shares, loyalty, b-days, and more! Stay tuned. We will announce via email when it has launched.
I just wanted to update this forum that the referral program will be changing as well as several other things.
I have so many mixed feels about Starlooks mirroring other beauty subs, but I refuse to lose my optimism until I have reason too!

so, I ordered the following items with the promo code

Hong Kong palette

clear eye primer

darlin' tendergloss

babe tendergloss

Starlooks sent me swatches of the eyeshadows & tenderglosses

Babe
babe.png

darlin'

darlin.png

hong kong

hongkong.png

got all of these for 39.50!! happy dance

Hong Kong palette

clear eye primer

darlin' tendergloss

babe tendergloss

Babe

babe.png

darlin'

darlin.png

hong kong

hongkong.png

You will adore Babe!!  It looks really bright on her hand, but I find it actually changes based on the color shirt I'm wearing.  It can look pink or red or even a little orange simply based on what I wear with it.  I still to this day don't know if I'd actually call it a red or a pink.  It's my favorite make-up product EVER.

Holy gorgeous Hong Kong palette.  NEED THIS NOW.

Hong Kong palette

clear eye primer

darlin' tendergloss

babe tendergloss

Babe

babe.png

darlin'

darlin.png

hong kong

hongkong.png

I adore Darlin! It doesn't look that orange on me, it looks more coral but its one of my staples. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@ @trekkersangel  it was both of your swatches that prompted me to ask for more swatches of those 2 tenderglosses - thank you both for posting that over at the Starlooks swatch thread!

that hong kong palette is amazing - I am shocked this isn't in our july bag - cause it looks like the eyeshadow in the pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not need another palette. I do not need another palette. I do not need another palette.

I will keep repeating this until I am no longer tempted to buy ALL THE MAKEUP at 50% off.
You definitely need another pallet. Especially at 50% off.

I'm so excited about mine, even though I haven't gotten them yet. I did get my shipping notification yesterday though! It doesn't appear that there is a single miss in the bunch, which is really rare for me.

There are still like 4 palettes that I want. Stockholm, Madrid, Amsterdam, & Hong Kong. But like...how  many eyeshadow pallets does a girl need?

There are still like 4 palettes that I want. Stockholm, Madrid, Amsterdam, & Hong Kong. But like...how many eyeshadow pallets does a girl need?
All of them? (I don't even use pressed shadow very often -- indie pigment fanatic over here -- and I *still* keep collecting palettes!)

All of them? (I don't even use pressed shadow very often -- indie pigment fanatic over here -- and I *still* keep collecting palettes!)
I wonder how many times you can use that code. I'm really really thinking about it. The thing I love most about their palettes (besides the actual shadow) is that it's just down to business. They're not fancy, there aren't any frills, they're not huge and they fit so easily into a makeup bag. Which makes them easy to take with you when you travel, or even if you just feel like stashing it in  your bag for whatever reason. 

There are still like 4 palettes that I want. Stockholm, Madrid, Amsterdam, & Hong Kong. But like...how  many eyeshadow pallets does a girl need?
Stockholm is one that is always calling me, but I never pull the trigger to get it.   I think I will get it.  I know that it will haunt me until I do. 

Back