Starlooks November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by VegasLover75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It looks the same now.  I didn't realize it had shimmer at first either, it's really pretty!
I've already worn it twice. I lub it.

I think the people who chose light and medium got the same eye shadow palette colors while the light got the color nude lipstick and medium got the cream caramel lipstick. I chose the medium. If you chose dark you got a different color palette but same cream caramel lipstick. I saw lalahunnie06's box review and her eye shadows are a more smokey palette. Here's her video. 

I can't wait for Decembers though. I'm excited to see the 15 shade eye shadow palette. 
icon_smile.gif

My stuff.

My lipstick is Pearl.

Inside my box. I got a couple of quartz crystals and a brush since this was my first box. The brush is the 813 Small Precision.

The only thing I DIDN'T like about the items in my box is that the compact itself is not magnetic so the pans fell out. No big deal since I have magnets that I can add to it (just got to figure out where I put those magnets).

Were first time subbers supposed to get a brush? I didn't, but I got my birthday month box (which was full of things which are awful for my skin tone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Ah. Damn. In other thoughts, their info card is all confusing and tiny tiny print. But so far looking good.

I did love my box but was anyone else kind of expecting something other then lipstick and shadows for the customized prefrance? I was really hoping to see something a little different ! But I still love the products I was just thinking different for the skin tone match ups!

I can actually understand why they wouldn't send something like foundation. If they did, they'll probably get flooded with emails saying that their foundation was a wrong match and if they can get a replacement to match them better.

Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can actually understand why they wouldn't send something like foundation. If they did, they'll probably get flooded with emails saying that their foundation was a wrong match and if they can get a replacement to match them better.
I was thinking that, too! While I'd love to try a foundation or something similar, I think it'd have to be a bit more detailed than "light, medium, or dark". I'm not sure how many subscribers they have, or how many employees, for that matter... but it could be a nightmare to try to match them all up if there are too many! Maybe they could come up with some sort of system that lets you go in and select the right shade yourself, or a spot in your profile to choose which shade of theirs suits you?

I would really like to try their moisturizer and makeup remover, hope they make it into a box sometime... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe they could come up with some sort of system that lets you go in and select the right shade yourself, or a spot in your profile to choose which shade of theirs suits you?
Or they could always send a foundation tester kit like what Sleek has:

http://www.sleekmakeup.com/face/bases/new-skin-revive-tester-kit

(not a referral link)

It would be nice to get something like that in our box.  :] 

I don't really like buying foundation without at least looking at  several swatches online from other bloggers. With Starlooks being a new company, I can't really find anything about their other products except for what they've already sent out. I know they have online MA's that helps out with color matching, but I can't really trust anyone's judgement just by them looking at a picture of me. 

I hear ya on the foundation! I am actually have been wanting to try some of the color matches for my skin. If I were to buy a product from them I was interested in finding new foundations concelor and powders. But I don't wanna by? Them without any reviews on the product and doubt we will ever be trying it!

Originally Posted by Dalisay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dalisay, thank you for this incredibly brilliant assessment of why we shouldn't send out a face product. You are RIGHT on the money! I want my subbies to be HAPPY EVERY MONTH! And not have any bad skin tone matches to worry about... you all are TOO different from each other to pin a color on you. (for the record, if you know your MAC foundation color, we can match it, so email me if you're interested).

HOWEVER... (spoiling 2013?) we may send out a powder of some kind in the future- of an iridescent or translucent nature in 2013.. that matches ALL skin tones!!!?? 
smilehappyyes.gif

All the better to stay subscribed my friends!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Marci

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thinking that, too! While I'd love to try a foundation or something similar, I think it'd have to be a bit more detailed than "light, medium, or dark". I'm not sure how many subscribers they have, or how many employees, for that matter... but it could be a nightmare to try to match them all up if there are too many! Maybe they could come up with some sort of system that lets you go in and select the right shade yourself, or a spot in your profile to choose which shade of theirs suits you?

I would really like to try their moisturizer and makeup remover, hope they make it into a box sometime... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love this idea. STARLOOKS takes into consideration ALL requests and suggestions on how to make our customers happy and keep independently unique items coming your way! This one was noted! Thank you! 

Marci xo

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear ya on the foundation! I am actually have been wanting to try some of the color matches for my skin. If I were to buy a product from them I was interested in finding new foundations concelor and powders. But I don't wanna by? Them without any reviews on the product and doubt we will ever be trying it!
Dior, you also have a great point here. And great timing. I would love to let you all in on a little secret I've been planning for 2013. Hopefully you will all participate!....

"If you are a reviewer or Starbox subscriber, OR a new customer... and you would like to try a product (which we choose when we launch the promo- IE: foundation) that we aren't able to customize for you in your Starbox, we will offer this product for a limited time at a serious discount with a promo-code. Use this promo code to purchase YOUR foundation (or other product) and send Starlooks your review! Give us your opinion on the texture, color, last-ability, and overall rating! Starlooks will promote your review and opinion on a specialized MUT thread and all over our social media to our fans!!"

SHHHHHHHH. Don't tell anyone.. and look for this promo in the new year!

xoxox Marci

Hello Starlooks and Starbox lovers and fans. I thought it may be time to say hello again, and I wanted to let you know some things you have to look forward to in upcoming Starbox months....

1. Besides your December box?? Oh man, is this going to be awesome. 

2. I'll be putting out our "Why Marci?" November video explaining "What the heck that pink thing -that looks like an open mouthed monster- actually does," ... All of the ways to apply the different palette/lip shades you received, AND our cute way of addressing the mishap some of you may have experienced with our USPS department this month.... which we're very upset about by the way.... Either way this is going to be a REALLY great tutorial, and I'm excited to film it tomorrow (WITH SOME REALLY FANTASTIC BLOOPERS because I'm such a weirdo.. always the best part).

3. LASTLY- new tutorial methods, videos and promotion/discount ideas for 2013... ALL CATERED TO WHAT YOU WANT TO RECEIVE IN YOUR STARBOX, AND FROM US!  
laughno.gif

Sorry for the all caps. I tend to get excited.

I hope you all have some suggestions for the future, and we're growing as a company but making sure it's always the way YOU want it to happen.

Looking forward to listening to you all over the holidays. Over Thanksgiving, I gave thanks for the relationship I have with all of you. Happy, happy wishes!

Marci

Starlooks, LLC.

Originally Posted by marcistarlooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello Starlooks and Starbox lovers and fans. I thought it may be time to say hello again, and I wanted to let you know some things you have to look forward to in upcoming Starbox months....

1. Besides your December box?? Oh man, is this going to be awesome. 

2. I'll be putting out our "Why Marci?" November video explaining "What the heck that pink thing -that looks like an open mouthed monster- actually does," ... All of the ways to apply the different palette/lip shades you received, AND our cute way of addressing the mishap some of you may have experienced with our USPS department this month.... which we're very upset about by the way.... Either way this is going to be a REALLY great tutorial, and I'm excited to film it tomorrow (WITH SOME REALLY FANTASTIC BLOOPERS because I'm such a weirdo.. always the best part).

3. LASTLY- new tutorial methods, videos and promotion/discount ideas for 2013... ALL CATERED TO WHAT YOU WANT TO RECEIVE IN YOUR STARBOX, AND FROM US!  
laughno.gif

Sorry for the all caps. I tend to get excited.

I hope you all have some suggestions for the future, and we're growing as a company but making sure it's always the way YOU want it to happen.

Looking forward to listening to you all over the holidays. Over Thanksgiving, I gave thanks for the relationship I have with all of you. Happy, happy wishes!

Marci

Starlooks, LLC.
This sounds really awesome. I know I am super excited for December and it sounds like there will be lots of new fun things headed our way. I think a lot of the members really enjoy the Why, Marci videos because it really makes it personal instead of you just being some looming figurehead somewhere. I am sure our more rascally members will enjoy the bloopers too hehe!

I loved my box this month and I'm looking forward to using the products! I'm also beyond impressed with the customer service...keep up the great work Marci!

Thanks Marci this is really awesome to know! Its really great to see your kindness to your customers! You guys have always been amazing to me and all my friends that sub to you!  We look forward to seeing the growth in 2013 and me for sure!

I think sample boxes are really running its course for me. I am kind of over them. I do enjoy my starbox and the relationship I have gained with Marci but I feel like the products always sit and I never use them.... I enjoy the videos because it gets me excited and motivated to try them out!! Though I live breathe and sleep eye shadows, that's kinda boring to me now lol

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think sample boxes are really running its course for me. I am kind of over them. I do enjoy my starbox and the relationship I have gained with Marci but I feel like the products always sit and I never use them.... I enjoy the videos because it gets me excited and motivated to try them out!! Though I live breathe and sleep eye shadows, that's kinda boring to me now lol
Every time I think I'm going to unsubscribe Marci comes on here and I'm like well I guess I can get another month lol. On a side note I bought my first full priced item from starlooks today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back