Starlooks September, 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mine was scheduled for delivery on Monday, but came just a few minutes ago.

Pearl Necklace Lip Gloss
Milky Way Infinity Eyeliner Pot - maybe this will mix well with the glitter from last month?
Lashes - disappointed that this was a main product and not an extra

The extra is a free month of the "I Dabble" membership package on OOBERLUXE, which is a virtual personal assistant.

Value of box is $38. Starbox isn't wowing me so I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to keep this subscription.

Oh no  
sadno.gif
  I cancelled after last month, so I won't be getting this box.  It is definitely not what I'd expect from Starlooks.  I even looked up the extra item, here's my thoughts to avoid spoilers!

- OK, so you get 5 requests for that membership?  And it's a $30 value?  So, basically, I would be paying someone $6 each time to look up stuff that I COULD GOOGLE MYSELF?   - The Milky Way liner is a frosty/satin white that I hope works well as a shadow base, but don't most of us already have 1) The white liner from a few months ago or 2) the NYX Milk Pencil? - The lip gloss may be good for lightening up a too-dark lipstick, but isn't the fall trend for more mattes and cremes?   - I hope the lashes are a great quality, considering the price they put on them!  I can't wait to see what they look like on one of you!
  Honestly, I'm glad I cancelled.  I would have been so cranky getting this.  I really hope that others find the items more useful than I would! 

I feel like my trade box is becoming a

lash graveyard
and I mourn this.

That said, I am actually interested to try

the Milky Way . . . it might work well with some of the Mica eyeshadows I've gotten from Ipsy.
I'm usually pretty easy to please, but I have not been too excited with Starlooks lately.

I'm definitely canceling after seeing this. I was thinking about it before, but now I'm sure.

Color, Starlooks! COLOR!!! We've been begging for some color for what seems like ages! If you go to the Starlooks website they have a new eye set to purchase all about color. I was so hoping that set would be in our boxes. I guess not. Please please please send us some color in October!

So my Starbox literally just arrived....
I was so excited waiting for this to come, but very disappointed once I opened it. I know Starlooks was in Ipsy again this month,  but if this is going to become a pattern with them, then.... And I've been a subscriber since I reviewed their very first box! While I found June to be very lackluster especially as an Anniversary box, I do LOVE the bronzer which has become part of my daily routine. We also got a white eyeliner pencil, which I do not use, so I wasn't trilled to see the following contents. September's Starbox: Infinity Eyeliner Pot in Milky Way,  its a silvery-white almost pearlescent shade. It applies very smoothly, but  I doubt it will be anything I use often, if at all. I haven't used the 'princess diaries' pale pink shade we received last Feb. either. Lip Gloss in Pearl Necklace, oh how I wish we'd get a gloss with COLOR! It seems the only glosses we receive have very faint color and this is no exception. There is NO discernible color, just a hint shimmer. Like the other glosses we've gotten, this one isn't sticky and has a nice texture, but like the others it isn't something I'll use as I prefer my glosses to have color. And the third item is lashes. ACK! I wish this was a bonus item and not a third as it isn't something I can really try as I've had issues with adhesives. *sigh* I was so hoping that this wouldn't be included.  I know I sound like a downer, but this box aside, I am a big Starlooks fan. I've liked (or loved) nearly all the boxes I've received. But this may just be my least liked box to date. At least the June box had that huge bronzer that was flattering on my pale skin. For those who wondered what was in the envelope teased in the picture, its a note card saying that are entitled to 1 month of the 'i dabble' membership package worth 5 requests on Ooberluxe.com which the card says is a "super intuitive, reservation-making, order-taking travel + virtual assistant" okay, I'll look into it, but am not sure this is something I have ANY use for whatsoever.  I was so very much hoping that the envelop had something to do with the new 'color' starlooks + ipsy promotion that is featured on their website. I'm still not sure what that promo has to do with ipsy as I received the Obsidian kohl eyeliner. Anyways, I really REALLY hope that Starlooks improves their boxes and that being featured in a different box doesn't keep meaning that Starbox is more of an afterthought. But by this 'pattern', I hope that means October's box is awesome especially with all those new from Ipsy subscribers.]

I got my box today too. It is just blah! Is it that hard to give us some actual color? This box literally feels like they went through their warehouse & said, "okay, what's not selling well. Let's throw the 3 least wanted products into a box to get rid of them. However, Starlooks has a way of sending me something I think I will hate & then I wind up loving it which is why I stick with them. So who knows. I may end up loving these things. Ha ha ha. Here's hoping for some color & excitement for Octobers box!

Yikes. . . & I just tried to use one of my products & found this:

It's 3/4 empty WITH the wand in it.  When I take the wand out there's only a tiny bit left.  Come on Starlooks. . . I'm one of your biggest cheerleaders.  This makes me sad.  I guess I need to email them.

Really disappointed with this box. It's my birthday month, so hopefully I'll like the birthday box better!

So I emailed Starlooks about my 1/2 gone product & teasingly asked for spoilers for October & this is what they sent me . . . still vague, but kind of fun too.

Here's what they said:

I am so sorry about that! Definitely a production error. We will ship a new gloss out to you right away!

As for October, I can tell you that you will be receiving a type of product we haven't sent out in a while, and colors that will be versatile through winter and spring. Bolder colors will be coming in November ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Bold boxes are very hit or miss. Most people are afraid of bold colors, so we try to mix it up as much as possible. However, did you see our new refer a friend program!? If not, check it out in your Starbox Account. If you refer your friends and they subscribe using your link, you can receive up to 3 FREE gift boxes per month - and the best part is that there is a beauty profile associated with it! You can chose between eyes & lips (or both) and bolds & neutrals (or both)!

I'm liking the referral program.  I like the idea of getting full boxes for referring people.  (It's definitely a better referral program than some of the other subs out there.)  So what are your guesses for October & November.

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I emailed Starlooks about my 1/2 gone product & teasingly asked for spoilers for October & this is what they sent me . . . still vague, but kind of fun too.

Here's what they said:

I am so sorry about that! Definitely a production error. We will ship a new gloss out to you right away!

As for October, I can tell you that you will be receiving a type of product we haven't sent out in a while, and colors that will be versatile through winter and spring. Bolder colors will be coming in November ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Bold boxes are very hit or miss. Most people are afraid of bold colors, so we try to mix it up as much as possible. However, did you see our new refer a friend program!? If not, check it out in your Starbox Account. If you refer your friends and they subscribe using your link, you can receive up to 3 FREE gift boxes per month - and the best part is that there is a beauty profile associated with it! You can chose between eyes & lips (or both) and bolds & neutrals (or both)!

I'm liking the referral program.  I like the idea of getting full boxes for referring people.  (It's definitely a better referral program than some of the other subs out there.)  So what are your guesses for October & November.

What haven't they sent out in awhile?

Highlighter? Lip pencil (in Ipsy but not Starlooks)? Foundation or primer?

My box came today. I didn't get a birthday box and don't know if one will be sent or not. My profile does indicate my birthday and I signed back up in August.

Not entirely pleased with the box since there were a few issues. The pictures were taken within 5 minutes of the package arriving so the pictures of first looks even for me.

​
 ​
Edit: Heard back. They're going to send me a replacement for the lashes. The thread is just so weird because it's literally thread as you'd use in sewing. As for the liner, it's meant to look like that as it's a textured liner. I've never seen a liner like that so I'm happy to give it a go since it's different. Overall, the reply sent made me happy with the box mainly because of the response sent.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My box came today. I didn't get a birthday box and don't know if one will be sent or not. My profile does indicate my birthday and I signed back up in August.

Not entirely pleased with the box since there were a few issues. The pictures were taken within 5 minutes of the package arriving so the pictures of first looks even for me.

I just emailed them to ask about my birthday box since I didn't know if they had my birthday on file. Turns out they didn't, they do now, and they are going to make sure I get a box.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking blush. Wasn't the last one in May?

That was my first thought.

I'm hoping blush and/or a tender gloss. I love both of those products from Starlooks & really would take both of them in any color (bolds, neutrals, pinks, etc). It's been a while since we got either of them.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha. Totally don't picture 4 months ago as while!

Quote: Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm hoping blush and/or a tender gloss. I love both of those products from Starlooks & really would take both of them in any color (bolds, neutrals, pinks, etc). It's been a while since we got either of them.

I would love to try a tendergloss!

Quote: Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha. Totally don't picture 4 months ago as while!

October will make it five months, and in makeup sub time, five months is *forever*.  That's almost two whole seasons ago.

ETA:  I just reread the post:  "a type of product we haven't sent out in a while."  Maybe specifically a powder blush?  That hasn't gone out since January.  Gem eyeliner went out in January as well back when it was still being called Diamondliner.  Tendergloss last went out in April, lip liner went out in February, mascara and classic lipstick went out in March, and eye primer hasn't gone out since *last* September.  I'm crossing highlighter off the potential list because, oddly, I don't see it *anywhere* on the Starlooks site.  Really, I'm just looking forward to bold color in November now that I know that's on the way -- at least as long as it's not a box of browns.  I'm too Irish for that.  I need non-earthtones!

Back