Starlooks Starbox April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also have a an oil-free moisturizer. I'm hoping for their foundation brush. It looks so soft and fluffy T_T

Originally Posted by Meahlea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They also have a an oil-free moisturizer. I'm hoping for their foundation brush. It looks so soft and fluffy T_T
Interesting!

I really have been loving Starlooks, their boxes seem really thought out and always seem to expand my Makeup knowledge/experience in some way.

I am so torn between this box and keeping sample society. Sigh. I have no idea what to do. So many boxes so little money.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so torn between this box and keeping sample society. Sigh. I have no idea what to do. So many boxes so little money.
I liked Sample Society, but my vote is for Starlooks, if you are a makeup fan. So much fun to get new makeup to try every month!

I know what you mean! I wish I could try everything at least once. If these company's offered a free first box, I'd be in heaven. Then again, that might be a slippery slope lol

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know what you mean! I wish I could try everything at least once. If these company's offered a free first box, I'd be in heaven. Then again, that might be a slippery slope lol
I know. I actually ordered a few boxes with the intent to drop most of them after I got them and that totally didn't work out well. Something needs to go before I get more.

I get Ipsy and BB and got my first Starlooks box last month. I am going to decide after this month's boxes who I'm dropping. I have limited myself to two subs.....we'll see how long that lasts! LOL

Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get Ipsy and BB and got my first Starlooks box last month. I am going to decide after this month's boxes who I'm dropping. I have limited myself to two subs.....we'll see how long that lasts! LOL
Yeah, I tried that whole 2 sub limit...I hope your willpower is better than mine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have justified keeping Birchbox, Ipsy, Starlooks, AND Glossybox as well as Graze and Goodies. Pathetic! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

AND I just signed up for GlamourDollEyes OTM.

I feel the same way yet I want more boxes. Oh and for some reason my boxes always show up when the hubby checks mail, ke knows about all of them but always gets surprised when they come.

That's funny beause I was also going to limit myself to 2 boxes. And here I am...4 boxes later & considering a 5th & 6th. *eye roll* I justify it by reminding myself I can use the skip option on x,y or z box but I really think I need to drop something. Too much temptation!

I liked Sample Society, but my vote is for Starlooks, if you are a makeup fan. So much fun to get new makeup to try every month!
What she said! If I had to choose between these two, I would go with Starbox because I've relapsed into a major makeup addiction. But if your big thing is skincare, Sample Society, definitely. Starlooks doesn't send out skincare, but Sample Society does sometimes send out makeup.

lol, I started with just Ipsy...read about the subs in Allure magazine a while back...or maybe it was Cosmo...I read a lot of magazines lol, I lose track. Then I fell in love with Ipsy, so I decided 'Hey! You know what'd be awesome? To have TWO subs!' So I signed up for Birchbox! Then I heard about Glossybox, and I was like 'High-end sub? With awesome products? YES PLEASE!' That's when my hubby thought I was crazy. Then I heard about Starlooks and I fell MADLY in love with the idea of getting a whole box of just makeup. Then I heard of Julep and now I have 5.....eep. LMAO I do believe that Starlooks is now my favorite beauty sub though! The makeup is just amazing!

So far I have resisted "trying" Glossybox or Julep or any others than my present three. I say "trying" because we all know how that trying thing works. We say we are trying it and we end up just adding it to the list of subs! My willpower with beauty products is about as strong as my diet willpower. Pass the chocolate!

My hubby thought I was crazy when I tried to justify subscribing to Birchbox (my first ever sub). He was like "Why would you PAY for those FREE samples, you get a ton at Sephora every week!"

Men! They just don't understand! 

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My hubby thought I was crazy when I tried to justify subscribing to Birchbox (my first ever sub). He was like "Why would you PAY for those FREE samples, you get a ton at Sephora every week!"

Men! They just don't understand! 
THIS
smilehappyyes.gif
....it will be a lifelong struggle lol!

Lol is it sad that my Hubby actually likes looking at my boxes and seeing what I get? He doesn't complain either, he's just like as long as you get me one, so now he's subbed to Birchbox Man.

Lol is it sad that my Hubby actually likes looking at my boxes and seeing what I get? He doesn't complain either, he's just like as long as you get me one, so now he's subbed to Birchbox Man.
I'm so jelly! lol

Ugh. I am now hoping for a translucent powder and brush because then I wouldn't have to buy some. I seem to be focusing on one new-to-me product type a month niw, March was blush (got five or six in subs), April was concealer month (bought it last week), and May will be powder month. I am not liking how sticky my face has been getting by mid-morning.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

THIS
smilehappyyes.gif
....it will be a lifelong struggle lol!
iagree.gif
  The  hubby confuses the names of the subs. He will call me and say your BB is here but its Ipsy or something else gets my hopes up lol.

Back