Starlooks Starbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone! This will be my second box and I am excited, I love the theme!

I don't think I can wait till the end of this month to receive it! It is now going to make this month torture.
whipping.gif

This vid she is showing what is in the box.....I am not like over the moon over this one and really not getting the mermaid theme....

(edited to embed video per TOS - magicalmom)

Awesome find, Shellymae!!!

Ok from what she says the box includes:

-Eyeshadow Pigment in "Green Coral" (she talks kinda fast so I may have the color wrong)

-2 lipsticks (but she didn't name the colors)

-Prism (better than a Peace button, but not as good as the lip scrub or lip balm!)

Originally Posted by Shellymae1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This vid she is showing what is in the box.....I am not like over the moon over this one and really not getting the mermaid theme....

(edited to embed video per TOS - magicalmom)
Hmmm.  I'm not really getting the mermaid vibe on this either.  I kind of expected this one to be not as exciting as last month's box since last month was obviously beyond amazing.  

I'm totally on board for the glitter glam.  I don't know HOW to use it, but it looks fun.  I don't mind getting lipstick either but 2 in one box?  I think I'd be happier with a lipstick & lip liner or lipstick & lip gloss.  But, hey, I always need new lipstick so I'm going to go with the flow.  ;-)  We'll see how I like it when it actually arrives.

*Note: comment below includes white text for spoiler protection -- if it gets quoted, it might show up! Reader beware.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

-Eyeshadow Pigment in "Green Coral" (she talks kinda fast so I may have the color wrong)

-Prism (better than a Peace button, but not as good as the lip scrub or lip balm!)
I wish she'd identified the lipsticks. I am worried that we'll end up with more coral/orange/peach. Any guesses based on the lookbook?

This look is my fave out of all the pics.

I like that the lip is a bit more neutral, and I love the eye colors:

Originally Posted by ohdahlia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*Note: comment below includes white text for spoiler protection -- if it gets quoted, it might show up! Reader beware.

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any guesses based on the lookbook?

I'm quoting myself here (and I removed your sentence with white text, just in case!), but I pulled one of the looks from the looksbook in an earlier post and that's the color in that type of item I'm really hoping for! 

I don't know, I feel slightly disappointed in what I see. I guess I will have to have it in hand to really know if I can be excited or not. 
hmm.gif

Geez Natalie...

don't actually SHOW us the lipstick or anything. I mean, she didn't have to do a complete lip tutorial or anything but she could have at least shown a flash of the colors. *le sigh*

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me, or do those two look like

Infinity lipsticks?

Yep. Which two we'll have to wait and find out. I don't even want to begin speculating. lol

Originally Posted by Surine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know, I feel slightly disappointed in what I see. I guess I will have to have it in hand to really know if I can be excited or not. 
hmm.gif
I'm still pretty excited, and here's why:

I have SO MANY glosses, but very few lipsticks.  I just can't commit to purchasing lipsticks.  They're usually more expensive than glosses, and it's harder to find that "perfect" color.  However, I love EVERY lipstick that Starlooks has ever sent me.  So getting two in one box?  Amazing.  Especially if I get the color I hid in the spoiler a few posts up. And the eye pigment color looks gorgeous!  So I'm totally fine for this box, but that's ME.  I can understand if others aren't.
Also, I will still probably cancel after this month.  I promised myself I'd stick around for my birthday month, for the extra gift, and at this point, I am just so overloaded with makeup.  Starlooks has successfully built up my collection, but at this point I have more than enough, and I need to take a break for awhile.  (And I told myself I had to choose between Starlooks and the Bondi box, and Bondi is just blowing it out of the water at this point!)  I need all the polishes!

I'm pretty pumped up about this box. I'm hoping the colors are okay for me, but it's rare I can't make a

lipstick work in some way. The prism is cute and I'll probably give it to my kids and they'll love it! MUCH better than that peace pin.

I have SO MANY glosses, but very few lipsticks.  I just can't commit to purchasing lipsticks.  They're usually more expensive than glosses, and it's harder to find that "perfect" color.  However, I love EVERY lipstick that Starlooks has ever sent me.  So getting two in one box?  Amazing.  Especially if I get the color I hid in the spoiler a few posts up. And the eye pigment color looks gorgeous!  So I'm totally fine for this box, but that's ME.  I can understand if others aren't.

Also, I will still probably cancel after this month.  I promised myself I'd stick around for my birthday month, for the extra gift, and at this point, I am just so overloaded with makeup.  Starlooks has successfully built up my collection, but at this point I have more than enough, and I need to take a break for awhile.  (And I told myself I had to choose between Starlooks and the Bondi box, and Bondi is just blowing it out of the water at this point!)  I need all the polishes!

I think you are right. I really don't have much from starlooks so maybe I will give these products a shot since I don't have any of these particular products or either types in general. I don't know what I was expecting and what I saw wasn't it and that is why I feel disappointed I think. Either way I am gonna hold off a few boxes before I cancel so I can get a real feel for the products.

Originally Posted by Surine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you are right. I really don't have much from starlooks so maybe I will give these products a shot since I don't have any of these particular products or either types in general. I don't know what I was expecting and what I saw wasn't it and that is why I feel disappointed I think. Either way I am gonna hold off a few boxes before I cancel so I can get a real feel for the products.

I think that's a good idea!  I've gotten every box since January, and I am definitely not cancelling because I'm disappointed.  I still love Starlooks!  I'm only cancelling because I'm overloaded on makeup.  (Also, once I finally buy a vanity with storage and have room for all my pretties beyond "under my bathroom sink", I'll probably start it right back up again!)

I believe those lippies are inifinity!  I have been looking forward to trying those AND the Glitter Glam so this box is a win for me!  Also, I think the prism is fun, and I will definitely find something fun to do with it.

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep. Which two we'll have to wait and find out. I don't even want to begin speculating. lol
The shape fits.

Originally Posted by trekkersangel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm.  I'm not really getting the mermaid vibe on this either.  I kind of expected this one to be not as exciting as last month's box since last month was obviously beyond amazing.  

I'm totally on board for the glitter glam.  I don't know HOW to use it, but it looks fun.  I don't mind getting lipstick either but 2 in one box?  I think I'd be happier with a lipstick & lip liner or lipstick & lip gloss.  But, hey, I always need new lipstick so I'm going to go with the flow.  ;-)  We'll see how I like it when it actually arrives.

I can see the Mermaid theme with the prism and the glitter glam (especially the color of the glitter glam).

I think the deal with SL is that you get 3 items. When you get GB, BB, Ipsy you usually get at least 5. So 3 doesn't look like much, except these are FULL size items!

I'm interested to try the first item she mentions too!

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Geez Natalie...

don't actually SHOW us the lipstick or anything. I mean, she didn't have to do a complete lip tutorial or anything but she could have at least shown a flash of the colors. *le sigh*

Looks like she had two pink swatches on her hand that were similar pinks to the lip colors in the lookbook.

Back