Starlooks Starbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, when do these boxes usually ship?  This is my first month ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Third and fourth weeks of the month. It used to just be the third week, but then I think their subscriber base just *exploded*, and now they can't do them all in one day/week.

I think starlooks needs to knock it off with the random crap. Like the prism and pin. I want makeup. Not useless junk that will get tossed. They sucked me back in with the mermaid theme and I regret it since I basically signed up for the eyeshadow. I don't wear lipstick often at all. Good thing my mil does.

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think starlooks needs to knock it off with the random crap. Like the prism and pin. I want makeup. Not useless junk that will get tossed. They sucked me back in with the mermaid theme and I regret it since I basically signed up for the eyeshadow. I don't wear lipstick often at all. Good thing my mil does.
I am not subbed anymore, but I think the extras are a nice touch, and I don't mind them, since they aren't taking place of any makeup and you get the 3-4 items promised besides the extra...I don't know whatever happened to my pin but I would totally use the prism in my window if I were getting this one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The extras aren't taking the place of makeup. But it would be nice if we got a useful extra (like the pigment/body butter last month) instead of a piece of junk that's going to either catch dust or get tossed.

Be careful about the weight! Heavy keychains can mess up your steering column. Mine will be coming to work so I have something to play with during our monthly painfully boring conference calls.
I don't think the steering column will be affected, since the ignition is in the dash :) but thanks for the heads up!

I don't know if anyone has noticed there  is a pic on instagram of the box and the contents.

Looks like the lipsticks are hot pink and coral.

I don't know if anyone has noticed there  is a pic on instagram of the box and the contents.
Is that... Is that what we are getting, or a special collection? Because its my favorite type of product, and I may faint when I get my box =)

Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that... Is that what we are getting, or a special collection? Because its my favorite type of product, and I may faint when I get my box =)

We are getting the Natalie Corona special edition it looks like the 2 lipsticks and a pigment.

We are getting the Natalie Corona special edition it looks like the 2 lipsticks and a pigment.
Nice! I had seen an announcement video, but I didn't realize there was a second product video (I need to pay more attention to MUT and stay in the loop =). I thought it may be one of those purchase separately sets. So glad it's not! I think the curated sets have been the best offerings in the past. It's such a fresh, unique perspective.

Two of my most-worn colors in a product I've been thinking about buying but haven't quite gotten around to actually buying yet? This is why I just sighed at June's box: I knew something completely my speed would be on the way shortly!

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I couldn't find the pic on instagram. What was the hashtag?

Thanks!

Got a weird email confirming I cancelled but I never did and when I signed in my account was still active. So strange...

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not subbed anymore, but I think the extras are a nice touch, and I don't mind them, since they aren't taking place of any makeup and you get the 3-4 items promised besides the extra...I don't know whatever happened to my pin but I would totally use the prism in my window if I were getting this one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Didn't they use to put stones in their boxes? maybe I remember that wrong though... I like that better than a pin

Didn't they use to put stones in their boxes? maybe I remember that wrong though... I like that better than a pin
They put crystals in. This is basically their trademark, and the mini file/pin/prism/etc. is in addition to the crystals. ETA: I forgot to say that this is still a thing they do. They didn't replace them. (I'm extremely sleep-deprived due to a cold, so incoherent is my default mode at the moment.)

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They put crystals in. This is basically their trademark, and the mini file/pin/prism/etc. is in addition to the crystals.
Right, Crystals! I thought that's a neat idea!

I wish Starlooks shipped out at the beginning of the month or had themes that were in preparation for the following month. I love the mermaid idea and the fun lipsticks, but to be honest, I'm starting to prepare for september and fall. I much would have rather enjoyed these during the month of August than receiving them in time for fall.

Latest posts

Back