Starlooks Starbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I'm not as sad about missing this one as I was. It's not that it looks BAD, it just isn't blowing my mind like I worried it would, and I'm currently on lip product overload.

Oooohhh! I think one of the lippies could be African Sunset...

ETA She mentioned liking African Sunset infinity before, but it is not in the current Starlooks lineup.

Oooohhh! I think one of the lippies could be African Sunset... ETA She mentioned liking African Sunset infinity before, but it is not in the current Starlooks lineup.
They renamed a bunch of stuff a few months ago and changed formulations on some things, so they may be sending a new/renamed version of that one.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that's a good idea!  I've gotten every box since January, and I am definitely not cancelling because I'm disappointed.  I still love Starlooks!  I'm only cancelling because I'm overloaded on makeup.  (Also, once I finally buy a vanity with storage and have room for all my pretties beyond "under my bathroom sink", I'll probably start it right back up again!)
Well I have only gotten one box and it was last month and it was awesome! My makeup collection is not huge by anymeans but I feel like it is...LOL. I did think the quality of starlooks was very good and now some other posters got me kinda excited for this box. Off to look at the site and dream about what colors we will see!!

i canceled after getting my box last month. i'm okay with it. Not too jealous i'm not getting this one (when i heard mermaid i just about puked in regret, thinking blue green eyeliners, but i'm okay with canceling.) 

Originally Posted by Shellymae1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This vid she is showing what is in the box.....I am not like over the moon over this one and really not getting the mermaid theme....

(edited to embed video per TOS - magicalmom)
Thanks for posting!

So, after you guys started speculating on whether or not the lipsticks were the infinity lipsticks I re-watched the video & I believe that they are.  I got one for my birthday & they are shaped differently than their normal lipsticks.  There is no color at the bottom of the tube (there is a color at the bottom of their normal lipsticks) & they have kind of a "curvy" tube which they did in the video.  They look just like the one I have so HOORAY!!!  I'd like to have more.  (Watch me get the one I already have just like I got the same eye shadow palate that I already had last month ha ha ha.)  But with 2 I'm guaranteed to get at least ONE new one!!!  

I like them.  They are definitely not as smooth & creamy as their lipsticks & tender glosses, but they do have some good staying power.  They come off a little bit when you eat/drink, but even when some of it comes off, the color is still pretty vibrant.  They are creamier than most long lasting lipsticks like this, but they still are a little drying.  I just add some clear balm (or a tendergloss) over the top & they work GREAT.  The color is vibrant & beautiful.

I'm hoping for some pink shades for fall.  FUN FUN FUN.

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Geez Natalie...

don't actually SHOW us the lipstick or anything. I mean, she didn't have to do a complete lip tutorial or anything but she could have at least shown a flash of the colors. *le sigh*
iagree.gif

I'm thinking one of the....

lipsticks might be a fuschia-pink since that's what the Looks Book seemed to feature...what do ya'll think?

I love the box! I'm just a little....
blink.gif
......about the prism. It's pretty, but honestly what AM I going to do with it?! lol

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lipsticks might be a fuschia-pink since that's what the Looks Book seemed to feature...what do ya'll think?

blink.gif
......about the prism. It's pretty, but honestly what AM I going to do with it?! lol
I think my kitty  might claim mine lol.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OH MY GOD LOL.....if I see my kitties walking around with it in their mouth I'mma crack up!

OH MY GOD LOL.....if I see my kitties walking around with it in their mouth I'mma crack up!
I walked into the living room one morning and found mine playing with my kabuki brush (fortunately, it was the Loose Button cheapie freebie and not my nice Le Metier de Beaute brush. That one should be waiting for me when I get home tonight, and I will be much more careful about that baby). Those two are *in love* with my makeup brushes in general and the fluffy ones in particular.

blink.gif

Well you could...

donate it to the dance school to use as a prop!  If they ever need "jewels" in a performance, that sucker's more than big enough to show up on stage!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well you could...

donate it to the dance school to use as a prop!  If they ever need "jewels" in a performance, that sucker's more than big enough to show up on stage!
Oh girl....lol....I need to show you a picture of our jewels.....they're made from carved styrofoam and all glittered so they sparkle like MAD

but heeeeeeeey along the same lines...this would be good in an elaborate headpiece! Thanks for the idea!

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rofl2.gif

I don't know about you guys, but I just got my drivers' license at the age of 32, so my bonus item (can't change color or insert spoilers from my tablet) is going on the keychain for my car keys!

I don't know about you guys, but I just got my drivers' license at the age of 32, so my bonus item (can't change color or insert spoilers from my tablet) is going on the keychain for my car keys!
Be careful about the weight! Heavy keychains can mess up your steering column. Mine will be coming to work so I have something to play with during our monthly painfully boring conference calls.

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! My last mystery box from Starlooks had a coral lippy in it as well. Aaagh. I cannot wear coral or orange.  Everything I've been sent this summer has been coral, orange, or peach toned, all which look awful on my pale complexion w/ high red. 
Originally Posted by ohdahlia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am SO TIRED of coral/orange lipstick. I have received one or two in each sub for the past two months. I am drowning in it!
Dear everyone who has way too many orange-y or coral-y lip items,

Feel free to send them to me, and I'll send you the tub of glitter I get in this box, because I'm pretty sure I have glitterphobia

xoxo,

ewiggy

Back