Starlooks Starbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wouldn't Bold come after Mixed?  I assume that means this one will be bold.

I won a box and I want to sign up but maybe next month.  I do wear bold colours very well.
No, the one we just got (February) was bold. January was mixed.

Can't wait to see what will be in the March box! When do boxes generally ship out? Mid month.. end of the month?

Hope we get a nice neutral lipstick. I cant wait to get my box so excited!

boxes ship third week of the month also we received a nude lip I the first semi customized box last november. I'd love more of a berry pink/ wine tendergloss lipstick which at least on me is a closer to a more of a natural lip color and I have yet to receive a similar color in ANY sub box whereas I've received red or orangey-reds way too many times esp since I've yet to find one that I like on me without heavily mixing with other shades to tone down. though i LOVE the tipsy lip liner we received in feb and if I can make it work in my budget I would REALLY LOVE the special lip set launching on monday! I'd also love to see a brow set, though I'd think they'd need to ask our hair color since they've already asked subscribers before nov their skin shade (light, medium or dark). and I always need and want brushes as I only have a few so far and love the Starlooks ones I've received so far! if their brush roll set wasn't sooo pricey then I'd have already purchased it (their brushes are great so the price isn't unreasonable, but on a limited fixed income it's too much since I choose to subscribe that kinda limits what is left unfortunately) we also haven't seen any face products (foundation, concealer, corrector, bronzer cream blush, other colors etc...), nor have we received an infinity lip item, or a whole giant host of products or any of their myriad of color and/or texture products. plus Starlooks is ALWAYS coming out with new products that we'll often se first in our. boxes and then will show up on the site!

Urgh, I seem to have reactivated my GIVE ME ALL THE NEW COLORS switch.  Between the new Wet'n'Wild ColorIcon polishes, the essence Fruity collection, the Sephora + Pantone Emerald collection, a couple of random blue eyeliners, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting about, I probably spent close to two hundred bucks (annual bonus = shopping spree time, and I couldn't find any clothes I wanted) just on makeup this weekend.  I need to figure out how to turn it off and restrict myself to subs!  I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping that this sub does the trick.  

And even though I spent all this money on girlie toys this weekend, I don't feel guilty about signing up for March as well because I can't remember the last time I wore neutrals (aside from a couple of nude Zoya polishes last summer, so pretty much everything I bought was emerald, blue, or sparkly (the essence eye souffles!  If you like shimmer and see them, GET THEM ALL!), which means that there's pretty much no way that anything that will be sent could possibly be a a dupe for me.  I rely *very* heavily on colorful eyeshadow pencils (think purple, green, or turquoise) and fuchsia lip color.  This is going to be *way* outside my comfort zone, which probably sounds weird:  Neon shimmery eyeliner pencils?  Yes, over here, please!  Neutrals?  GAH!  FREAK OUT AND FREEZE UP!  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif  This is going to be *way* outside my comfort zone, which probably sounds weird:  Neon shimmery eyeliner pencils?  Yes, over here, please!  Neutrals?  GAH!  FREAK OUT AND FREEZE UP!  
Haha, that is me, too! Excited to get a neutral box though, I literally have no neutrals minus a brown pencil they sent out and one Cargo quad that has 3 neutrals in it...

I'm waiting on my first box....can anyone tell me when they typically come out and if they do spoilers like BB and Ipsy do?

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Urgh, I seem to have reactivated my GIVE ME ALL THE NEW COLORS switch.  Between the new Wet'n'Wild ColorIcon polishes, the essence Fruity collection, the Sephora + Pantone Emerald collection, a couple of random blue eyeliners, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting about, I probably spent close to two hundred bucks (annual bonus = shopping spree time, and I couldn't find any clothes I wanted) just on makeup this weekend.  I need to figure out how to turn it off and restrict myself to subs!  I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping that this sub does the trick.  

And even though I spent all this money on girlie toys this weekend, I don't feel guilty about signing up for March as well because I can't remember the last time I wore neutrals (aside from a couple of nude Zoya polishes last summer, so pretty much everything I bought was emerald, blue, or sparkly (the essence eye souffles!  If you like shimmer and see them, GET THEM ALL!), which means that there's pretty much no way that anything that will be sent could possibly be a a dupe for me.  I rely *very* heavily on colorful eyeshadow pencils (think purple, green, or turquoise) and fuchsia lip color.  This is going to be *way* outside my comfort zone, which probably sounds weird:  Neon shimmery eyeliner pencils?  Yes, over here, please!  Neutrals?  GAH!  FREAK OUT AND FREEZE UP!  

Hah! You sound just like me. I haven't placed my order yet, but I am lusting over the Sephora Pantone Emerald collection. So pretty! Has anyone used the lid stain yet? I'm curious if it's worth it.  I'm also waiting for the special lip collection to go live since I didn't get in, in time to order the Feb box. Love the colors.  When do the previous month's boxes usually go online?   

Hah! You sound just like me. I haven't placed my order yet, but I am lusting over the Sephora Pantone Emerald collection. So pretty! Has anyone used the lid stain yet? I'm curious if it's worth it.  I'm also waiting for the special lip collection to go live since I didn't get in, in time to order the Feb box. Love the colors.  When do the previous month's boxes usually go online?   
Gah, the February box. I'm antsy and stalking the site for the leftovers to go up, too! As far as the lid stain goes, I used it Saturday, and it's basically just a cream liner that can be used as shadow as well. I have no clue why they gave it a different name. If you like the color, very worth it due to its versatility!

Im stalking the page for the Feb box and the Lauren Clark collection.

Still not up yet! Agh! Loaaaad it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Is there a term for makeup anxiety? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I received my Jan box today and am absolutely in love with the green eyeliner. I don't have any brown pencils so it will come in handy.  Just wondering, anyone who has Nars Orgasm - how different is it from the peach in Jan's box? 

So new theory on March (which may be wayyy off base):

on the website, there pic that they're using to get people to order starbox has a nude lipgloss, pink lipstick, and a brow kit?. these items haven't been in a starbox yet. this month maybe?

Hmmmm... I would totally be ok with that.

And come on Starlooks with that set already!  Y'all are killing me!

Aah! I have a headache between the stress of anxiously awaiting this and the stress of not laughing at the crazy lady on the bus! (Seriously, we're talking performance art level stuff that I'm hoping my phone recorded for transcription. It was *amazing*.)

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's up:) http://starlooks.com/collections/featured/products/lauren-clark-signature-lip-set
It looks like a nice set. In reality though I realized that I already have the pencil from the Feb box, and I have a coral lipstick and lipgloss that work perfectly together. I may get the blush on its own sometime though.

I wonder if the blush in the set is really coral? on fb starlooks said "AND a limited coral HD blush!"

but the picture for the that matches up with cheeky lucious on the single item part doesn't really look coral...

Back