Starlooks Starbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I thought it would be more pink, and less coral. I thought the blush looked like a deep peach/coral, but probably not the best color for me.  I'll just keep holding out hope that they make Feb's box available, and if not I'll pick up the gloss and the pink gel liner on their own.  Ah well, the anticipation was fun:)

I want the lipgloss and the lipstick. But I have the tendergloss in tipsy, so it seems silly to get the gloss and lipstick. Dunno. -shrug- I was excited all day and when I saw it I just wasn't anymore.

ETA: Yay! They put up the individual items at a discount! Off to go invest in the lipgloss and lipstick!

hmmmmm i might get the individual blush. can't really beat it for $9 and i REALLY loved the blush i got in the february box. it works with my skin very nicely, i've been dying for a coral blush.

I want the lipgloss and the lipstick. But I have the tendergloss in tipsy, so it seems silly to get the gloss and lipstick. Dunno. -shrug- I was excited all day and when I saw it I just wasn't anymore. ETA: Yay! They put up the individual items at a discount! Off to go invest in the lipgloss and lipstick!
Really? I'll have to check that out!

So I am new to Starbox, and I have a couple questions.

I signed up for March, and they charged me already, however I don't know if I ever signed up. I tried to sign in using my normal email/password and it didn't work, and then said my email wasn't in the system. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Also I keep hearing about a "birthday box". Does anyone know what this is? Does it come in addition to the regular monthly box or instead of?

Also what is the makeup quality of Starlooks? Other comparable brands?

Thanks ladies!!

xoxo

So I am new to Starbox, and I have a couple questions. I signed up for March, and they charged me already, however I don't know if I ever signed up. I tried to sign in using my normal email/password and it didn't work, and then said my email wasn't in the system. Has this ever happened to anyone? Also I keep hearing about a "birthday box". Does anyone know what this is? Does it come in addition to the regular monthly box or instead of? Also what is the makeup quality of Starlooks? Other comparable brands? Thanks ladies!! xoxo
Starlooks Starbox is awesome! i've been getting their box since i first reviewed their second box last June. In the fall they started doing something that no other sub does. they send a special box for no additional charge during your birthday month. february is my birth month so in addition to the regular february box i also received in its on mailer and box the bday box. last fall the box included a lip liner and matching lipstick in tipsy (i believe they changed in 2013 because they realized there would be duplicates with this february box) along with a body glitter. the birthday box i received contained:
eyeliner in onyx ( black) and lipliner with matching lipstick in kinky ( bright red)if you ever have ANY concerns please give Starlooks a call, unlike other sub services like a certain "shiny" box ;-) Starlooks customer care is so easy to reach by phone or email! The first time I emailed them about reviewing on my bog last June, I received an email directly from Marci who is the owner, creator, founder of Starlooks! She responds to email personally usually within a business day or two at the most! I've heard Starlooks cosmetics compared to the quality of MAC (i don't own any MAC myself so I can't compare personally) Marci once upon a time worked for MAC, but then decided to formulate her own line also choosing to her make her products accesible to more women through price and their unique Starbox as its the only box I know of that only ever contains items from its own line and is always full size products for such a (relatively) low price. Since I own pretty much everything ever released in a Starbox (the first box last May containned all glosses if I remember correctly), I've had a chance to 'play' around with a bunch of their makeup and have loved the texture and quality of everything I've received even if sometimes the colors aren't ones I'd choose for myself. Also Starlooks LOVES hearing their customers nad box subscribers. Future boxes may also be influenced by what their customers are asking for. For instance, Marci recently posted on MuT letting us know first that starting in January 2013, our boxes will follow a three month rotation cycle (Neutrals one month, Mixed (neutrals/bold) the next, and Bold the third. She then said that January started the cycle witih Mixed which meant February was Bold and the upcoming March box will be neutrals! I'm excited since our last full neutral/natural box was last November which was also the first semi-customized box (by skin tone). I very much hope they give up semi or fully customized box in the future perhaps by asking us what current foundation brand/tone that we use and stick that in our box along with other essentials to create a certain type look. Hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask as there are always many ladies around who could answer your questions either about Starlooks, other sub services, MuT, or makeup in general!

Originally Posted by jaclynsmusings /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Starlooks Starbox is awesome! i've been getting their box since i first reviewed their second box last June. In the fall they started doing something that no other sub does. they send a special box for no additional charge during your birthday month. february is my birth month so in addition to the regular february box i also received in its on mailer and box the bday box. last fall the box included a lip liner and matching lipstick in tipsy (i believe they changed in 2013 because they realized there would be duplicates with this february box) along with a body glitter.

the birthday box i received contained:

eyeliner in onyx ( black) and lipliner with matching lipstick in kinky ( bright red)
if you ever have ANY concerns please give Starlooks a call, unlike other sub services like a certain "shiny" box ;-) Starlooks customer care is so easy to reach by phone or email! The first time I emailed them about reviewing on my bog last June, I received an email directly from Marci who is the owner, creator, founder of Starlooks! She responds to email personally usually within a business day or two at the most! I've heard Starlooks cosmetics compared to the quality of MAC (i don't own any MAC myself so I can't compare personally) Marci once upon a time worked for MAC, but then decided to formulate her own line also choosing to her make her products accesible to more women through price and their unique Starbox as its the only box I know of that only ever contains items from its own line and is always full size products for such a (relatively) low price.

Since I own pretty much everything ever released in a Starbox (the first box last May containned all glosses if I remember correctly), I've had a chance to 'play' around with a bunch of their makeup and have loved the texture and quality of everything I've received even if sometimes the colors aren't ones I'd choose for myself. Also Starlooks LOVES hearing their customers nad box subscribers. Future boxes may also be influenced by what their customers are asking for. For instance, Marci recently posted on MuT letting us know first that starting in January 2013, our boxes will follow a three month rotation cycle (Neutrals one month, Mixed (neutrals/bold) the next, and Bold the third. She then said that January started the cycle witih Mixed which meant February was Bold and the upcoming March box will be neutrals! I'm excited since our last full neutral/natural box was last November which was also the first semi-customized box (by skin tone). I very much hope they give up semi or fully customized box in the future perhaps by asking us what current foundation brand/tone that we use and stick that in our box along with other essentials to create a certain type look.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask as there are always many ladies around who could answer your questions either about Starlooks, other sub services, MuT, or makeup in general!
Thanks for all the info, i'm  a new subscriber and this is very helpful.

I will echo Jaclyn's sentiments. If you have feedback, positive or negative let them know. They use our feedback to help choose future stuff, make improvements and to try and keep their subscribers happy.

Having said that, as a lover of neutrals, I can't wait to see the teaser for this month!
yess.gif

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will echo Jaclyn's sentiments. If you have feedback, positive or negative let them know. They use our feedback to help choose future stuff, make improvements and to try and keep their subscribers happy.

Having said that, as a lover of neutrals, I can't wait to see the teaser for this month!
yess.gif
When do the teasers come out?

Does anyone know how long the Lauren Clark discount is for? Namely, the $9 price tag on the gloss and l/s. is it for the whole month of March?

Does anyone know how long the Lauren Clark discount is for? Namely, the $9 price tag on the gloss and l/s. is it for the whole month of March?
The Facebook post about it says, "if purchased this month," so my guess is all the way until the 31st.

there are 13 pics, so I'm not going to do them all, but here's a few more!  Tried to pick closeups of her face!

I purchased the subscriber set today : ) I justify it because 1. I LOVE the blush.... I have never used a blush that blends this seamlessly and looks so .... beautiful on. 2. I have been searching for the perfect corally pink color since last summer, and have been disappointed with everything, until I used the Tipsy lip liner. I can justify spending the 32 because I know I already love the way the blush applies, and will get great usage out of the Tipsy gloss, lipstick, and liner from spring up until the end of summer. : )

I love the lip color in the preview. It seems the eyes are the focus....maybe the brow item guesses are right? And possibly mascara? I can't wait to find out!

Back