Starlooks Starbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the update, Marci!

Can't wait to see what you have for us in the March boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*currently wearing the Barbie blush, it's now my staple*

Thanks Marci.
smile.gif

Some of my subs like Starbox and others have inspired me to try colors I wouldn't normally be comfortable with. I have had some surprising outcomes. Many items I thought weren't me totally ended up being something I love and get compliments on.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can't wait to see what you have for us in the March boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I adore the Barbie blush and I am so not a pink girl. Once you get used to the application it blends in so well. Just another reminder to myself that I need to be open minded.

Thanks Marci,

I understand the needing to change the rotation around when trying to fit the colors and looks into current fashion and the time of the year, I was just a little confused.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The barbie blush has been my staple... but I got the Lauren Clark corally-pink blush in recently, and I like it just as much as barbie if not more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did notice however that it wasn't as dry as the barbie.. it came out more liquid like, whereas the barbie took a little effort to get out of the tube.

I am actually happy to get a mixed box, was just thinking out loud. Thanks for the update and info Marci. My first month was last month and I have been using all the items and Starlooks is now one of my fave. subs for sure!

This is great info, thank you! LOL - it will be my third starbox, because I had to go back and buy the January and Feb boxes. I LOOVE the lipgloss, I've been looking for something that shade for a while, and the green liner pencil is fab. I'd love to see the purple come in a future box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Tipsy unfortunately was not a good color for me, but I've been using everything else in the box since it showed up on my doorstep Monday.

This is great info, thank you! LOL - it will be my third starbox, because I had to go back and buy the January and Feb boxes. I LOOVE the lipgloss, I've been looking for something that shade for a while, and the green liner pencil is fab. I'd love to see the purple come in a future box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Tipsy unfortunately was not a good color for me, but I've been using everything else in the box since it showed up on my doorstep Monday.
Heh. Thank you for making me be not the only person who did that, although I didn't order the January box until today! It took me a few hours to get used to the Tipsy gloss/blush/lipstick (I got the Lauren Clark Signature collection, too) yesterday, but by lunchtime, I was in love with it. (I'm not wild about the Tipsy liner, but that's just because I'm not big on lip liner.)

So I now need to figure out how to have Starlooks customer service handle my phone and cable. They are super amazing! What a huge plus.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heh. Thank you for making me be not the only person who did that, although I didn't order the January box until today! It took me a few hours to get used to the Tipsy gloss/blush/lipstick (I got the Lauren Clark Signature collection, too) yesterday, but by lunchtime, I was in love with it. (I'm not wild about the Tipsy liner, but that's just because I'm not big on lip liner.)
Definitely not the only one:) I've been wearing the Diamond eye liner as a thin line over my regular black to brighten my eye, and folks who never notice my makeup commented on it. I didn't order the special collection, mainly because coral just isn't flattering on me, but I'll wear everything else in the Feb box!

For those of you who have been using the Fancy Diamondline Eyeliner from January's box, how do you keep it from smudging? I've tried putting it above my normal eyeliner and under my eye and after 20 mins of wearing it I have glitter all over my eyes! Any suggestions??

Originally Posted by zoemarie876 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you who have been using the Fancy Diamondline Eyeliner from January's box, how do you keep it from smudging? I've tried putting it above my normal eyeliner and under my eye and after 20 mins of wearing it I have glitter all over my eyes! Any suggestions??
I put it on on top of UD Primer.  I also wear a tiny bit under my eye, basically tight lined it at the lash and then wiped away the excess. It seemed to stay pretty well, but I can't wear any liner on my waterline because I look like a raccoon and I want to rip my contacts out:)

I put it on on top of UD Primer.  I also wear a tiny bit under my eye, basically tight lined it at the lash and then wiped away the excess. It seemed to stay pretty well, but I can't wear any liner on my waterline because I look like a raccoon and I want to rip my contacts out:)
haha glad to know I am not alone on that. trying to wear eyeliner on your waterline when you also wear contacts is a real pain. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In my feb box I only got the Lauren Clark card and not the lookbook card that I noticed also came with some that I saw pics of. Is there any info on that card that isn't on the LC card? Also, I can't wait for March's box. Hopefully we'll be getting shipping notices soon!

Hello Makeup Talk Fans and Starlooks Starbox Subbies! One last message for this month, and I promise I'll leave the surprises to you all.

In an attempt to try to cater to all of your needs (those loving BOLD colors in makeup, and those loving NEUTRALS), I created a rotation of BOLD, NEUTRAL and MIXED boxes coming in the next year. Because fashion is in constant change, and we also didn't want you to miss out on special seasonal colors during a specified box, I announced that the rotation was subject to change.

It seems as though- after the feedback we've received since the announcement of this rotation- we have "scared" some of you in warning what types of colors may be coming out in future boxes. 

Our goal is to provide a wonderful assortment of color and neutral throughout everyone's lives- colors/products you are already very comfortable with, as well as items that may intimidate at first but may be very beneficial for you to try, and could be a surprisingly great- new product added to your repertoire that you may have never known would light up your life as it did! And of course, we always want to be the ones to provide this to you!

Therefore I would like to announce, that our idea of a rotation was nevertheless a tested and confirmed "bust." Meaning, well... that one didn't work out so well. 
sadyes.gif

Continuing from now on, I am happy to provide an equal assortment of all types of products- neutral and bold in all boxes, and throughout the year.... thus, there is no longer a rotation. 

Thank you for helping us provide everything you desire, and continuing with Starbox as die-hard fans and makeup lovers! And we encourage you to subscribe- especially if you are a MAKEUP LOVER!!! This is the way that Starbox will work out the best- in each of your lives, and the excitement it provides- both bold and neutral!!

Long live US and the love for cosmetics- all sizes, shapes, colors, races, ages and sexes!!

xoxoxoxo

MARCI STAR

STARLOOKS, LLC.

Bummer! I was perfectly happy with the rotation idea, but thanks for the update :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can't wait for the March box!

Rotation or not I have always been happy with my products. This will definitely keep the masses happy though. Thanks for letting us know Marci!

Well, I'm a bit disappointed.  I love the products,and I LOVED the idea of rotation.  A few months ago, I'd cancelled all my subs because I just have way too much makeup.  I'd rejoined Starbox this month mainly because the lure of an all neutral box was too much for me, but I planned to cancel for the bold months and rejoin for each neutral.  (How quickly and easily I was broken from my commitment to stop buying so much!)  Now I'm torn.

Eh - this gives me an excuse to get a few more fantastic boxes before I decide whether I need to find the willpower to quit again for a while or not.

I loved the idea of the rotation but it did not make me stay or leave. I love your products and getting a mix each month makes me just as happy.

Thanks for the heads up Marci!

Now back to waiting for my Birthday and regular boxes...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I haven't even gotten my first box yet and the idea of a rotation didn't bother me! lol I thought it was clever actually...I mean, YES, I really wasn't superdupes excited to receive a whole neutral box, but having a whole box dedicated to bolds made me all giddy and makeup happy inside! Regardless, can't wait to start getting your fabulous boxes!

Back