Starlooks Starbox March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this supposed to be a hint for the march box?
Yes, (to my understanding) Starlooks posts a "lookbook" album of their model wearing a look created by the items in that month's box.  

And if we get the lipstick that she's wearing, I will be so beyond happy.  It's gorgeous!

I will be sad if we get a brow kit, but that's mostly because I have massive caterpillars on my face and am afraid to do anything with them. Don't need to add color to them. I know most everyone else wants one, though. So I will be happy that they listened to what everyone asked for, even if it's not an item I personally will use.

And if we get the lipstick that she's wearing, I will be so beyond happy.  It's gorgeous!
I agree! That color is so great.

I noticed that the Facebook post has a theme listed:  Blue.  *This* is what I'm thrilled about, as long as it's not a MacGuffin, and especially if it's something that can be used as an eyeliner that is not specifically a liquid liner (I'm picking and choosing what to spoiler based on the idea that since this is a makeup box, we can assume it's all makeup, and anything short of nail polish is fair game, but when it gets down to something as specific as a theme, the spoiler treatment needs to come out):  I've been on the hunt for a good dark/navy blue shadow/pencil/gel liner (I don't really care which as long as it's the right shade, cooperative, and not a liquid!) to set off all of the Pantone Emerald I just picked up over the weekend.  

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This will be my first and I'm super excited! The March Lookbook seems fantastic!
dito.gif

Wow, my first box and I did not realize it didn't ship until the end of the month. That's sort of disappointing.

I'd love to see more brushes in upcoming boxes! I was impressed with the last one they sent. A lot of mine are cheap-o's because i was just getting started with my make-up obsession. So I can definitely see myself upgrading with Starlooks! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd love to see more brushes in upcoming boxes! I was impressed with the last one they sent. A lot of mine are cheap-o's because i was just getting started with my make-up obsession. So I can definitely see myself upgrading with Starlooks! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I would love a brush as well! One of my main (if not *the* main) makeup goals this year is to get a quality brush collection, but I haven't shopped for them in so long I'm not sure what to get. If not a brush, then definitely a tutorial/guide so I know what to buy -- say, seven starter pieces. There are so many choices I just get overwhelmed and end up getting nothing.

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd love to see more brushes in upcoming boxes! I was impressed with the last one they sent. A lot of mine are cheap-o's because i was just getting started with my make-up obsession. So I can definitely see myself upgrading with Starlooks!
wink.gif
Oh me too. I LOVE the last one I got and am curious if all of them are that quality. If so I would totally get the kit collection they have.

How are you ladies using the 858 brush? Their site doesn't give any info & I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I've been using it to apply color to my crease and on the outer corner of my eyes. I must say, it does pack on the color quite well!

OK Starlooks Starbox fans, it's time for a March teaser. Although I can't say much, we are following our ultimate rotation...

Just to get you all on track.... this month is (drum roll please) .... 

MIXED.

Because of the suggestions from last year, you will see some fantastic products coming in the next few boxes that YOU have specifically requested- and looking forward to a completely NEUTRAL month in April....

That's all folks. Much love, and sending March out soon!

xo,

Marci Star

Starlooks, LLC.

Yeah I thought it started at bold (January) then mixed (February) and was supposed to be neutral next (March) ...?

I thought so as well, but I'm just fine with mixed because I'm not sure I'm ready for neutrals just yet! Not a neutral fan over here. A little more time to ease into accepting them is just fine with me.

I apologize if I may have confused you fans! Please be advised:

The Starbox rotation was invented as a result of your requests for more structure in the past year. We understand all of those who don't want to always receive bright colors, and those who don't always want to receive only neutrals either! We must cater to you all the best we can. Therefore, this rotation began in January and is as new to us as it is to you, and we are still working on it ;-)

When we gave up this information, our goal was to be able to provide you with an EQUAL amount of brights and neutrals over the period of a year. We still want to keep Starbox a surprise and your products that come to you still holding that element of excitement we have created in the beginning... SO even though we say a month may be all neutral, there still may be an item in that "neutral box" that bold lovers will appreciate, and vise verse!

One thing I did not mention when I gave up the rotation before, and that I am happy to mention now as we realize HOW this rotation will work was: The rotation is subject to change in regards to fashion, seasons, and the time the box launches- which you will appreciate- we don't ever want to send you something that may have changed according to fashion just because we told you that month HAS to be neutral or bold, etc. We want to give you the best products according to the styles/standards the FASHION WORLD is using.

Bottom line: Please know that as our rotation becomes more static, we will be doing our best to cater to your desires, but also staying with the times. But there will never be two bold, neutral, or mixed months in a row. You will have an equal amount of variety of product throughout the year. Our recommendation is not to subscribe to Starbox according to the rotation, and keep your mind open about the element of subscription box surprise, AND subscribe to Starbox if you LOVE MAKEUP! ;-)

I will continue to help update you all with changes in our rotation when they happen.

Thank you for understanding.

Marci Star

Starlooks, LLC.

Back