Summerswap 2014 Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry!  Is there any recourse left on your side with the USPS or the apt complex?
Thanks! The apartment complex claims no responsibility for the mail, but I'm going to try with USPS and see what I can do.

:scared: Oh No! Maybe you can leave a note for him/she in your mailbox...they may remember if they left it or not. 
That is a good idea, I think I'll do that for Saturday's mail if I don't get any good answers tomorrow.

It'll turn up! It has to! The makeup gods command it!

Also, leaving a note sounds worth a shot.
Praying to the makeup gods! I really hope it wasn't left and then stolen, though. That's kind of my fear.

@@jayeme - oh no! I hope it can be found. Did you call your local PO or just the 800 #? Don't know if you can do this, but if you can find out the local office where the carrier picks up the mail to deliver, you might have better luck.

Fingers and toes crossed'
Called the local PO, but I'm going to bother them in person about it tomorrow when I go to mail my package. It's the last day and I guess I'm just going to have to give up on the last item I was trying to find! So I'll be there anyway and maybe someone will be able to help me. 

@@jayeme  I hope that it shows up!  A good neighbor, a helpful postal carrier, someone at the post office willing to go above and beyond... something has to happen.  I can understand how upset you must feel.  It's not just another online order, but a gift that someone put a lot of thought and time into.  

So it looks like my package is officially lost/stolen :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I called the post office but the lady who answered was unhelpful and just kept repeating that the tracking said it had been delivered....I KNOW that! The problem is that it's not actually here! I don't know if it was delivered wrongly, delivered correctly and stolen, or what, but I guess there's no way to find out now, and I am incredibly upset & disappointed. Not just that I won't be getting a gift, which is sad of course, but mostly that all the hard work I know my buddy must have put into it is just lost and I won't get to see it and I won't know what she picked out for me. I'm sure it was wonderful, though.
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it shows up.

@@jayeme  I hope that it shows up!  A good neighbor, a helpful postal carrier, someone at the post office willing to go above and beyond... something has to happen.  I can understand how upset you must feel.  It's not just another online order, but a gift that someone put a lot of thought and time into.  
Exactly, if it was just an order it could be replaced, but this is not something I can just order a replacement for! I'm still trying to track it down, I hope it is able to be found.

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it shows up.
Thank you. For anyone else who is curious, the update is this: I just called my post office again, and this time I spoke to a much more helpful person. She told me that she would speak with the carrier when he returns from his route and call me back. So hopefully he remembers something.

Well I just did something stupid :blink:  ...We put an offer in on a house, it's a cash offer and we'd close in 10 days if they say yes, yikes! We also would have to put our house on the market this week! So much to do, so if I'm MIA that's why. Not to worry swap buddy, I will drop everything if my box comes  :smilehappyyes:

Well I just did something stupid :blink:  ...We put an offer in on a house, it's a cash offer and we'd close in 10 days if they say yes, yikes! We also would have to put our house on the market this week! So much to do, so if I'm MIA that's why. Not to worry swap buddy, I will drop everything if my box comes  :smilehappyyes:
Gooooood luck!!!! It's crazy out there!!!

Good luck @@SaraP !

My updates: the post office never called me back so I called them today and the woman said that my regular mail carrier is actually off until Monday and they will speak to him then and ask if he remembers the package. 

Also on Monday, my swap buddy should be getting her package! I hope she likes it, I'm nervous!

@@jayeme ugh, I hope your package shows up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You are far too sweet to get stolen from!!!

I am currently stalking the mailman, I am supposed to get my package today according to a roadie!! No tracking number was giving so hopefully I get it ASAP!

@@jayeme ugh, I hope your package shows up :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You are far too sweet to get stolen from!!!

I am currently stalking the mailman, I am supposed to get my package today according to a roadie!! No tracking number was giving so hopefully I get it ASAP!
Thank you. I don't have really high hopes at this point but maybe the mail carrier will be helpful.

That's so exciting! I hope it comes soon and that you don't scare your mailman too badly when he arrives :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guys!! We were out all day and never got the mail til really late, but my package came!!! It's from @ eeeeek!!! I love it!!
yay! i'm glad that you like it. the second part of your gift is coming on monday or tuesday, per the tracking info i have  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Back