Summerswap 2014 Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am driving home in a torrential downpour and traffic is all backed up. I was on the phone with my son and asked him if he got the replacement TV that was delivered in to the house before the rain started today. I was about to hang up the phone when I asked him if I has another package. He said yes, from Ulta. I didn't order anything from Ulta. He told me it had cupcakes and hearts all over it!!!! He have me initials and a state and I am pretty sure I know who it is from. If this traffic ever clears....

(Yes, I did pull over and stop on a side street to post)

Hopefully he just decided not to leave it if he noticed the latch was wonky!! I can't imagine anyone stealing someone else's package (I know it happens, but it has to be fairly uncommon or else people really suck) much less in such a short time frame :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I hope it shows up tomorrow!

I have had a neighbor's (who I never met) package put in our mailbox and I walked it over when I got home.  Maybe someone rescued it from potential thievery and is waiting for you to get home to bring it to you???  Fingers crossed!

Apparently it's in a medium flat rate box, which, if it's the size I'm thinking of, I don't even think would fit in the mailbox....I have a note on my door to leave packages in the apartment office (since they kept taking them back to the post office before I put that up), but the office says they never got it.  I am really worried about it now, but I guess I'll give it until tomorrow and hope it turns up and call the post office if not. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HA! When she posted the pretties all wrapped up, I had a pretty good idea that @ just might be my buddy. My favorite colors and the flowers my daughter loved. I might get to open a few before I have to take my son to dinner. But the reveal post won't be up for a few hours.

Good time to see if I know how to do spoilers,

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
]

Jess, I am so excited to see what you have picked out for me.  And so incredibly touched that in the midst of a hectic summer, you took time out just for me!

ETA:  And obviously I don't....

Last edited by a moderator:
HA! When she posted the pretties all wrapped up, I had a pretty good idea that @ just might be my buddy. My favorite colors and the flowers my daughter loved. I might get to open a few before I have to take my son to dinner. But the reveal post won't be up for a few hours.

[
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg ]

Jess, I am so excited to see what you have picked out for me.  And so incredibly touched that in the midst of a hectic summer, you took time out just for me!

Jess, the wrapping turned out beautiful!!!  Love it!!  Can't wait to see all your pretties!!!  You deserve the best of the best!

ETA: Try this:  [ spoiler ] then have your pics here [ /spoiler ]

but don't put any spaces in the spoiler brackets. . . that's what hides it.

Last edited by a moderator:

[
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg ]

So pretty!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!  THREE boxes were on my doorstep when I got home from my 6 kids' dental appts. this afternoon!

Mari!!!!!!!!!   I can't believe we've been chatting it up for the last few months & I had no idea you were my swap buddy!!!!

I love you @@marigoldsue

Now to open my spoils & take lots of pictures. . . . (I have a meeting tonight, but I'll try to post a reveal before if I can, but definitely after if I can't beforehand!!!)

HOLY CRAP!!!!!  THREE boxes were on my doorstep when I got home from my 6 kids' dental appts. this afternoon!

Mari!!!!!!!!!   I can't believe we've been chatting it up for the last few months & I had no idea you were my swap buddy!!!!

I love you @@marigoldsue

Now to open my spoils & take lots of pictures. . . . (I have a meeting tonight, but I'll try to post a reveal before if I can, but definitely after if I can't beforehand!!!)
YAY!!! Can't wait to see this one!!!

I love you @@marigoldsue

Sorry to disappoint, but only two of them are for you.  The third is for the dental patients :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope everything arrived safely, there was simply no room for bubble wrap and cushioning.  And hope you find some new treasures.  You were so much fun to put a package, okay two pakceages, together for!  :hugs3:

So it looks like my package is officially lost/stolen :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I called the post office but the lady who answered was unhelpful and just kept repeating that the tracking said it had been delivered....I KNOW that! The problem is that it's not actually here! I don't know if it was delivered wrongly, delivered correctly and stolen, or what, but I guess there's no way to find out now, and I am incredibly upset & disappointed. Not just that I won't be getting a gift, which is sad of course, but mostly that all the hard work I know my buddy must have put into it is just lost and I won't get to see it and I won't know what she picked out for me. I'm sure it was wonderful, though. 

So it looks like my package is officially lost/stolen :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I called the post office but the lady who answered was unhelpful and just kept repeating that the tracking said it had been delivered....I KNOW that! The problem is that it's not actually here! I don't know if it was delivered wrongly, delivered correctly and stolen, or what, but I guess there's no way to find out now, and I am incredibly upset & disappointed. Not just that I won't be getting a gift, which is sad of course, but mostly that all the hard work I know my buddy must have put into it is just lost and I won't get to see it and I won't know what she picked out for me. I'm sure it was wonderful, though. 
 Oh this is just heartbreaking.

NOOOO! Maybe it will show up! I once had the UPS guy mis-deliver a huge package like you can fit a human in this box and he personally went to track it down on his free time and brought it to me on the weekend. There could still be a happy ending.

NOOOO! Maybe it will show up! I once had the UPS guy mis-deliver a huge package like you can fit a human in this box and he personally went to track it down on his free time and brought it to me on the weekend. There could still be a happy ending.
I'm never home when the mail is delivered so I can't talk to my mail carrier in person unless I manage to catch him Saturday (doubtful; my apartment faces away from the mailboxes and the they come anywhere in a 3 hour time block, so my actually seeing him there is unlikely to happen). But I'm going to call the post office again tomorrow and see if I can get someone more helpful.

I am so sorry!  Is there any recourse left on your side with the USPS or the apt complex?

:scared: Oh No! Maybe you can leave a note for him/she in your mailbox...they may remember if they left it or not. 

It'll turn up! It has to! The makeup gods command it!

Also, leaving a note sounds worth a shot.

@@jayeme - oh no! I hope it can be found. Did you call your local PO or just the 800 #? Don't know if you can do this, but if you can find out the local office where the carrier picks up the mail to deliver, you might have better luck.

Fingers and toes crossed'

Latest posts

Back