Summerswap 2014 Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooo that's a good point/idea...question for the people coordination the midsummer fairy swap so @@meaganola or anyone else that is running it...

If we get assigned someone that is doing both swaps, can we ask a fairy to put us in contact with the person that has our person for the other swap to see what they're sending?

That sounds odd, I'll use Lolo22 as an example name since she's right above me on this post and I'm too lazy to scroll any further up. So if I get LoLo22 as my giftee for this swap, and she is ALSO signed up for midsummer, can I ask a fairy to put me in contact with LoLo22's godmother for the midsummer swap so we can coordinate what she is getting? Or is that too much work/going to make things too confusing???
Fairies don't have access to godchild assignment information. *I* don't have all of that information, and I'm helping run Midsummer. This might just be One Of Those Things that doesn't have a solution.

Oooo that's a good point/idea...question for the people coordination the midsummer fairy swap so @@meaganola or anyone else that is running it...

If  we get assigned someone that is doing both swaps, can we ask a fairy to put us in contact with the person that has our person for the other swap to see what they're sending?

That sounds odd, I'll use Lolo22 as an example name since she's right above me on this post and I'm too lazy to scroll any further up. So if I get LoLo22 as my giftee for this swap, and she is ALSO signed up for midsummer, can I ask a fairy to put me in contact with LoLo22's godmother for the midsummer swap so we can coordinate what she is getting? Or is that too much work/going to make things too confusing???
I think that will be a question for @! She has the master Godmother/Godchild list. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If we get assigned someone that is doing both swaps, can we ask a fairy to put us in contact with the person that has our person for the other swap to see what they're sending?

I get what your concern is and how you're trying to make it easier for everyone (and avoid dupes! Of course!!) but that would kinda "force" a reveal, yanno? Like the Midsummer giver would have to reveal to the fairy who they have even if they didn't want to do that / didn't originally have a use for a fairy in order to coordinate with you. I think that could get complicated. The purpose of this was not for it to become a "team" gift giving event but I totally understand your sentiment.

From a receiving standpoint, I would recommend either having 2 lists (if you're really worried about dupes) and from a giving standpoint - just try to keep your person happy!

I'm doing both swaps. . . mostly because I really really really love putting together these packages.  I have so much fun deciding on a theme & just running with it.  It makes me feel creative & like I'm doing something meaningful.  

Anyone who gets me in either swap, I don't mind if I get a dupe of anything.  My lists are quite vague actually & I doubt there will even be any dupes.  I'm more about getting to know my gifter through what she chooses to send me.  I want HER favorite things.

I'm not going to worry too much about participating in both.  My goal is to make my little giftees as happy as I can.  I want to make them smile & feel loved & feel like someone really worked hard to put together something magical just for them.  That's why I love these swaps.  I'm really excited to have the opportunity to participate in both.

I get what your concern is and how you're trying to make it easier for everyone (and avoid dupes! Of course!!) but that would kinda "force" a reveal, yanno? Like the Midsummer giver would have to reveal to the fairy who they have even if they didn't want to do that / didn't originally have a use for a fairy in order to coordinate with you. I think that could get complicated. The purpose of this was not for it to become a "team" gift giving event but I totally understand your sentiment.

From a receiving standpoint, I would recommend either having 2 lists (if you're really worried about dupes) and from a giving standpoint - just try to keep your person happy!
Ooooo that's true. I don't want to ruin any surprises!!! Ok makes sense!

This is my first one so I"m probably making this way more complicated than it needs to be :rolleyes:   Story of my life....

I'm doing both swaps. . . mostly because I really really really love putting together these packages.  I have so much fun deciding on a theme & just running with it.  It makes me feel creative & like I'm doing something meaningful.  

Anyone who gets me in either swap, I don't mind if I get a dupe of anything.  My lists are quite vague actually & I doubt there will even be any dupes.  I'm more about getting to know my gifter through what she chooses to send me.  I want HER favorite things.

I'm not going to worry too much about participating in both.  My goal is to make my little giftees as happy as I can.  I want to make them smile & feel loved & feel like someone really worked hard to put together something magical just for them.  That's why I love these swaps.  I'm really excited to have the opportunity to participate in both.
My sentiments exactly.  I even wrote it in my little cheat sheet last night!

Thanks to @ for chiming in earlier, those are exactly my sentiments. I advise two separate swap lists, and if anyone wants to put up a list of things they already have (i.e. a list of palettes or lipsticks), that would be extremely helpful for Godmothers... Just sayin' ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(And I promise my godmother I will take my own advice soon! I'm visiting family right now and my MUT access is restricted to "whatever I can read on my phone". I am trying to keep an eye on this thread though!)

Oh my list was so fun to make and it's a freaking novel. Man I love talking about myself. I'm such a mess :blush:
Haha I'm with ya' on that one! I'll probably keep adding and amending mine until swap names are given out...

Anyone know how to link your list into your signature line??? Says the 95 year old women in me who still can't figure out this dang nab site!

If you're on desktop:

• Click the down arrow next to your name next to the PM/notification icons
  • Click on black Edit My Profile on the right side of the screen
  • Click on Signature in column on the left (under Profile Settings, Profile Customization, and Email & Password)

Boom!  There it is.

Anyone know how to link your list into your signature line??? Says the 95 year old women in me who still can't figure out this dang nab site!
@@SaraP - see the instructions from meaganola.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Midsummer Night's Dream fairies are already getting requests from Summerswap participants for help with this one!  Please please please, for the sake of our sanity, do not do that, especially since partners on this one aren't even assigned yet!
Please do not contact magicalmom, meaganola, Allistra24 or any of the Midsummer Fairies regarding Summerswap.  :smileno:  They are busy enough without having to deal with misdirected Summerswap requests. Summerswap and Midsummers are totally separate events managed by two different sets of people. Please contact me (Babs28) or usofjessamerica with anything Summerswap related. :smilehappyyes:    I realize that everyone is super excited :w00t:  and can't wait to start doing something for their Summerswap Buddy but we will have "Roadie" (helper) signups shortly. Use a Summerswap Roadie when they become available. I understand people want to be prepared and ahead of the game (me included, I've started a mental shopping list for about 15 people so far :w00t: ) but we haven't even assigned Summerswap Buddies yet (I think the next 10 days are going to feel like the longest ever! :smiletongue:   )!!  

@@meaganola - should you receive anymore Summerswap related PMs, please just forward them to me! Thanks so much!

I have the same concerns! And I'm a bit worried that I might get matched to the same person I'm buying for in Midsummer. I could easily send her a second present given all of my Ideas for her, but it's just more fun if it's a different person.
I will be doing the Summerswap Buddy assignments and I am going to do my very best to make sure that Midsummer participants aren't matched with the same person.  I have a few ideas on how to do this so this isn't something anyone should worry about too much.

I'm not participating in both swaps but with regards to the sentiments about putting together the packages and what I receive, I totally agree.  My goal is to make my giftee feel special, beautiful and happy with what I send.  I enjoy selecting a theme, picking things out that I think my giftee will enjoy and putting the package together to fit the theme and my giftee.  As for what I receive, if I get a dupe of something that I already have, clearly I like the product enough to have it in the first place. Like trekkersangel and a few other women said, I want to get to know my gifter by what she chooses to send me.  For me, this partly about giving and receiving gifts but it's also an experience in getting to know people I don't normally see or interact with in my MuT posts and threads.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I am wavering.  I really want to do this swap too but need to figure out if it's actually financially feasible or if I only wish it was.

I'm so excited for this! I really REALLY loved Secret Santa this year, it was awesome! Summer is my time off so I am going to have plenty of time to stalk my lovely swap buddy, and I can't wait! I feel like I am a really great stalker - don't know if I should be proud of that but it's a talent haha.

I'm pretty sure I have enough info all over this site to be stalked efficiently as well :wub:

I would so love to do this too, but, decisions, decisions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Things are always crazy at my house with all of my little ones so I rarely have time to really sit and post.  But, I love being able to put together a special package for someone.  And, I also love getting things in the mail :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Doing these types of things make me feel like I am my own person seprate from my children. like I am a woman and not just a mother.  Although, being a mother is my favorite gig.  I just sometimes long for the day when I have more than 5 minutes to get ready and get to sleep for more than three hours a night, and I do not have 4 little sets of hand grabbing at my plate of food.  I will have to see if we can financially swing this, but it sounds super fun.

Latest posts

Back